Status: Just starting.

Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter One

Alex's POV

I swallowed another mouthful of beer.
"Of course girls like me I have an irresistible charm." I said while Rian and Jack laughed.
" I bet you fifty dollars you can't make someone fall in love with you and have them stick around for a month" Jack told me laughing. 
" I bet you fifty dollars I can" I said confidently.
"Ok deal, I'm picking the girl though"
"Fine"
"Anderson"
"What?" I choked on my drink.
"Riley Anderson"
"Fuck" I mumbled under my breath.
"Problem Gaskarth?" jack asked smirking.
"Definitely not "I reassured him. I picked myself off the couch and went to find Riley, hoping to get a head start. I found her in the kitchen sitting on the counter staring at nothing in particular.
"Anderson" I yelled over the music.
"Gaskarth" she looked over at me. She was pretty I had to give her that. The only problem was that she wasn't one of the easy girls. I definitely would have to earn the fifty dollars. 
"How come you're all alone?"
" I came here with Kellie but she's gone off with Matt"
"Well that explains Matt's disappearance, do you want to come outside and continue talking it's kind of loud in here" I said casually.
"Sure" she smiled and jumped off the bench. I led her out the back door into Flyzik's yard. I raced ahead to the massive tree in the yard. I started climbing up and Riley started laughing. By now I was sitting on the branch and riley was looking up at me from the ground smiling.
"Come on" I held out my hand to help her up. She grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. 
"You know we probably could have still talked inside"
"We could have, but now we're already here". 
"So why aren't you inside enjoying the party?"
"No particular reason."
"Fair enough" there was a comfortable silence in the air. I was the first one to break the silence. 
"I love this song" 
"New Found Glory, The Story So Far, right?"
"Did you notice I was afraid, I thought I'd run out of things to say." I started singing along. 
"You know you're actually a really good singer". 
"You sound surprised, you should come to band practice one day". 
"Maybe" She smiled.

We went inside after a bit and I got another drink. By now I had probably drunk more than I should have. I didn't care though and I continued to drink.
"Riley can I go home with you, I'm supposed to be staying here with Matt but he seems preoccupied." I cast my eyes over to where he was making out with Kellie. 
"Sure" She grabbed her keys and I followed her out. I got in the passenger seat. She turned on her stereo and started playing some Blink-182. I tried to sing along but I was too drunk to remember the real lyrics. She just laughed at me. Riley helped me out of her car and took me inside and the last thing I remember was falling asleep on her couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first story I've ever written so please don't be mean but constructive criticism would be great. I may also right some of the chapters in Riley's point of view. If enough people want me to post more I will but right now a lot of the chapters are just random. I'm still trying to figure out the story line seeing as I've written like two different kind of stories that I'm going to merge together. I also might try and incorporate song meanings into different chapters. Sorry if there is a lot of spelling mistakes. I typed most of this on my iPod and haven't really checked through it. I know it's PG-13 right now and nothing inappropriate has happened or anything but something might happen in the future and just though it would be easy to address it as that. I'm a but inspired right so sorry if it's really uninteresting. I promise I'll try and make it better. Anyway, I hope you liked the first chapter. Sorry for this authors note section is so big.