Jar of Hearts

Chapter Four

I knew a call was going to come that night. I wasn’t the only one in the hall way when the incident with Trevor happened. It would spread around school like a bad Std. When I heard his ringtone I knew I was going to get an ear full. Mine as well pick it up now then get it at school tomorrow

“I cannot believe that he actually had the balls to make out with you after I clearly told him to stay away! What is this guy’s problem? Is he slow or something you are mine…” I started to tune him out. To tell you the truth I couldn’t give a rats ass what he has to say right now my
mind is still trying to figure out what happened today.

“Look Rex I don’t know what happened either and we didn’t make out it was simply a friendly kiss on the cheek. So just get over it. I would say I was too but there isn’t anything on my part worth getting over. We are friends I was helping him out and it was a friendly gesture. So shut the hell up already.”I really wasn’t in the mood to listen to his bull shit. I hung up and turned my phone off. I need some sleep.

I woke up the next morning not knowing what to expect at school. Considering I had 5 messages from Rex which four of them were him calling me a dirty no good slut who will never resort to anything. Then the fifth one was a drunken slur of how he missed me and how he messed up. I get these type of messages at least once a week. I’ve become almost immune to them, but to be honest to hear it from someone you once loved yeah it still hurts a bit.

I thought that arriving at school early would help, but it didn’t. I had gotten pretty good at blending in at school I had almost forgotten what it felt like to be the center of attention, and I can tell you one thing, I sure didn’t miss it. As soon as I got to my locker I already saw Rex corning Trevor up against the locker. It was a bit comedic seeing all 5’11” of Rex trying to corner all 6’3” of Trevor, but never underestimate him, ever. I could see the look in Trevor’s eyes. It wasn’t full of fear or guilt, but of pure amusement. Like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. I thought I should try to help since I had something to do with him being harassed.

I grabbed Rex by the forearm and dragged him off to the nearest secluded corner I could find. “Rex can you please stop? It’s only been his second day here just let him be. I won’t talk to him anymore and I’ll go back to being invisible again if you just leave him alone.” I gave him the look I knew always got to him. He may not be my boyfriend anymore, but I still new all of his weaknesses.

“Fine but he better stay away from you.” He walked off as soon as he was done with his last word. I knew he didn’t want to be seen around me. It would be bad for his reputation to be seen alone with his ex girlfriend.

I walked past Trevor and gave him the most I’m sorry look I could muster with my eyes without actually speaking and made my way over to my best friend. She knew better to stay out rather than getting herself hurt. We made our way towards homeroom where Rex and Trevor were going to be. Well this is going to be a very stressful last semester of high school. I know how Rex can get, and I have a feeling Trevor isn’t going to stop trying to piss him off. I’m just caught in the cross fire. I just wonder is this a game to Trevor?

“Hey can I talk to you for a second?” I was surprised to hear another male’s voice. I turned around to find my secret friend smiling at me and I knew he would help take care of my problem. I wouldn’t survive without someone on the indside…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I have been busy with work. Just thought I would atleast update something.