World of Chances

The Letter

[Peyton]


The car pulled into the driveway of my small little house. I looked at my friend next to me and smiled.

"Thanks for driving me, Ryan. I really appreciate it." I said, grabbing my bag from the back. She nodded. 

"It was no problem, Pey." She said, eyeing the door. I looked up and saw him. My stomach immediately tied in knots but not in a good way. "You can stay with me if you want." Ryan said, grabbing my hand. I squeezed hers in thanks but got out of the car. 

I slowly made my way to the door, looking back at my good friend before walking inside. As soon as I stepped inside, something was thrown at my face. I flinched but it didn't hurt like I thought it would. 

"You are such a bitch." He spit out every word. I ignored him though, and looked at what he had thrown at me. It was an envelope addressed to me. My eyes widened when I saw the return address and the name of the sender. I looked up at Scott, surprised. 

"You opened it." I said simply. He stepped closer to me, and I felt the worst coming on. 

"I'm leaving you." He said, stepping back and grabbing his bags. Without another word, he walked out the door and out of my life. 

I shut the door quickly and locked it. I set my bag down and grabbed the letter. Before reading it, I sat down on my bed to think about the last time I talked to Nicholas. Just the thought of his name sends my stomach into a roar of butterflies. It has been a long time since I've last talked to him. It was around the time I started hanging out with Scott. I looked down ashamed. Wanting to get the thought out of my head, I grabbed the letter and read it. 

Dearest Peyton,

Where to begin? It's been a while since we last talked. Since then, Kevin's gotten married, Joe's getting married, Frankie has a girlfriend and I am still single. Wow, I just realized that was very forward. I'm sorry. You should be used to it though. I'm more confident now than I was when I was younger.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I miss you. The other day, I was in the treehouse...I know. Surprisingly, it's still there, along with all of our memories and the notebook you left. After all these years, I found it. I was just wondering why you didn't tell me about it. You left it, but was I meant to find it? 

Well, I read it. All of it. Why didn't you make it known to me that you had feelings for me? I had and might even still have feelings for you. I guess we are both at fault though, because I could have told you too but I didn't. The only reason I think I didn't say anything was because you were my best friend. I know it's stupid, but I didn't want to lose you. But in a way, I did...

Anyway, you don't have to reply to this letter, but it would be nice to hear from you. I really miss you, Pey. In the envelope is an invitation to Joseph's wedding. I know that the family would love to see you, and I would like to see you also but you don't have to show. Basically, if you would like me to be in your life more, please show. I bet you're happy with your life, though. If you are, I'm happy for you. Just know that no one can ever come between us. You will always be my first love. 

Hope to hear from you. 

Love Nick Nicholas


After I finished the last sentence, I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding. Nick reached out to me because he wanted to reconnect. He wants me in his life, he wants to be in my life. 

I grabbed the envelope and the invitation. After throwing a bag together, I called my dad and left the house. I just needed to get away from everything. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this was short but at least is wasn't boring. So, the next chapter will be longer, waaay longer. And it is my favorite so far. I'm still writing it, but it's exciting. Then after that, maybe one or two chapters left. I hope you enjoy reading this story. I enjoyed writing it. I might even do some more like them. I have the ideas but no time. Blahh. Anyway, comment (:
-Ash