World of Chances

Surprise

It's been three months and two weeks since I sent the letter. I still haven't heard anything from her. I'm not even sure if she'll be at Joe's wedding which is in exactly two hours.

I sat down on a nearby chair to take a breath. Joe walked by and he looked nervous. I was hoping he wouldn't stop but he did. 

"Hey, little brother. Why the long face?" He asked, sitting across from me. 

"Um, girl problems. Well, not really. It's complicated to explain, Joseph." I said about to stand up. He put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Nick, is this about Peyton?" He asked. I didn't answer. "Because she did rsvp." I looked at him then. She did rsvp? How did I not know that? "Okay, well I need to go finish getting ready. See you in a bit." 

As Joe walked away from me, I looked up and noticed the guests walking in. A lot of family and friends. I noticed a girl with dark brown, almost black hair. It was wavy and beautiful. The girl was wearing a lavender dress that fit her figure perfectly. She caught me staring, and brought her hand up to wave. I smiled, acknowledging her. It then occurred to me that I had no idea what Peyton looked like. What if that was her. I just made a fool of myself, if so. 

"Excuse me sir, are you Nicholas Jonas?" A voice unrecognizable to me said. I looked up and saw a man. I nodded my head, unable to open my mouth. 

"Someone is asking for you. She says you're old friends." He said, walking me to a room. I nodded and thanked him. I turned slowly, making my way into the room with a smile on my face. It dropped as soon as I saw who it was. 

"Hey Nicky! How are you?" Her shrill voice rang out. I admit, I don't know what I was thinking when I asked her out. Maybe to get past the void I was feeling after Peyton left. 

"Hey Leighton. I'm well, and yourself?" I asked politely. She smiled, looking me up and down biting her lip in the process. 

"I'm good. I just wanted to talk to you. It's been a while since we last talked. I have something to share with you." She said, finally standing up. My eyes widened when I realized what she wanted to share. She placed her hands on her stomach and smiled. "I'm pregnant." 

Before the words even left her lips questions were flying around my head. It couldn't have been mine. I never let it get that far with her. She noticed the look on my face and laughed. She moved closer to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"I'm also getting married." She whispered. I then let the questions slip my mind, and smiled in congratulation. I pulled her in for a hug. 

"That's amazing, Leigh. I'm so happy for you." I said. She nodded. 

"I just wanted to let you know so when you meet Mark you won't be in shock." She said laughing. I laughed in my head, like I would honestly be in shock at something like this happening. 

"Oh, yeah. No problem. Anyway, I have to go check on Joe and you should probably find your seat. It was nice seeing you." I said, and with that I walked away. That was all I needed, more ex-girlfriends talking to me. 

"Nicholas." I heard suddenly. It was in a hushed tone, but that sweet voice seemed so loud and close. I turned suddenly, seeing no one behind me. When I turned around again I was being pulled into a closet. The light was off. 

"Hello?" I questioned unsure of myself. I mean, I recognized the voice but my head could be playing tricks on me. 

"Nicholas... It's been a very long time since we've seen each other." She whispered. I felt her hands on me, causing my heart to beat frantically. "Are you nervous, Nicholas?" She whispered. I felt her lips at my ear. I went to search for a light switch so I could see her beautiful face but she grabbed my hand. "Nope. We'll be seeing a lot of each other later." She placed her sweet lips on mine and kissed me gently. 

"Nick? It's time! Where are you?" I heard from Kevin. I sighed into the kiss. 

"Don't be sad. I'll talk to you after. Your brother needs his best man." She said, and then opened the door and slipped out without letting me see her. After a second to myself, I opened the door and ran into Kevin. 

"Dude, let's go." He said grabbing me and walking down the isle to where Joe stood. Standing there and taking in everyone, I still couldn't spot her. Then I saw mom talking to someone with long brown hair. She had freckles on her nose and her bright blue eyes were shining bright. It was her. She looked up and saw me staring at her. She smirked and waved. My heart fluttered and all I wanted to do was run off with her. 

Sweet music started playing from the string section in the corner and that's when Jenna made her way down the isle. She looked amazing and when I saw the look Joe had on his face, Kevin and I both had the same look. It was the famous Jonas lip quiver. Joe finally smiled at his bride as she handed her bouquet to her maid of honor. Joe took her hand in his and kissed it. Whoever said that Kevin was the only romantic in the family was so wrong. 

We watched as the couple shared their vows with each other and then the rings. It was amazing. Finally it was the part everyone was waiting for. 

"You may kiss your bride." Were the only words Joe needed and then Jenna was his. 

The room erupted in cheer and then the bride and the groom made their way down the isle together. I watches my family make their way down as well. I stood there smiling. 

"Hey." She said walking up to me. I smiled down at her. 

"Peyton... I've missed you." I pulled her into me. "So much." I kissed the top of her head. 

"I've missed you too, Nick. You have no idea. A lot has happened in my life since we stopped talking. I'm just glad we can be together again." She said. I grabbed her hand and walked down the isle with her. 

"You'll have to tell me later. And while you're at it, you might as well tell me what you have planned for later." I whispered into her ear making sure to trail my lips on her neck before removing them. She looked like she was ready to jump me there but then she smirked. 

"I bet I can last longer than you. Actually, I know I can last longer. I've waited fourteen years, one night won't bother me." She said, and walked out of the church. I watched her walk to my car waiting for me. 

Oh, if only she knew what she did to me.

***

The night went by quickly. We danced, we ate good food and we celebrated Joseph and Jenna. And the best part was that Peyton didn't leave my side all night, even when Leighton and other past girlfriends made their rounds to me. Peyton was serious about this which I didn't have a problem with. 

Finally after dancing all night, I was ready to leave. I pulled Peyton along with me outside to my car, kissing her every now and then. 

"When I said I could last longer, I was bluffing." She said suddenly. She kissed my neck and placed her arms around them. I chuckled lightly. 

"Yeah, I kind of figured. It's okay. I just want to be with you, though." I said. She looked up at me and smiled. "Come on, let's go to my place." I said. All she could do was jump in my car and wait. I got in after her and started the car. 

In what only seemed like ten minutes we were in my house and making out on my couch. My jacket was in the car along with my dress shirt. I had a white v-neck on with my pants and Peyton had on her dress. 

"Nick..." She said pulling off my t-shirt. I smiled into the kiss, picking her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I made my way to my bedroom. With one swift movement, the door was shut and locked and her and I were on my bed. 

"Peyton, I love you so much. When we stopped talking, my heart stopped. I couldn't move on from you because we never had a chance." I said, kissing her. 

She stopped me abruptly. "Nicholas, you always had a chance. I was just waiting for you to take it." She ran her hands down my abs and slowed when she got to my pants. "Now's the time to make a choice." She said. 

I slipped my hands behind her and unzipped her dress. She shimmied out of it and stated up at me. 

"Are you ready to take that chance?" She whispered. I looked into her eyes and leaned into her. I kissed her nose and her forehead. Then her cheeks and the corners of her mouth. Finally, I placed my hand on her cheek. 

"I'm ready to take that chance." I said. And with that she kissed me with so much passion, I was almost sure you could feel the love between us. It was just an amazing feeling. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow...can I just say that was hot. Haha, but there is no way in hell that I was going to write a sex scene. That's just a little too awkward for me still. Anyway, yeah. Who enjoyed this? Leave me some feedback and please suggest it to people looking for something to read. I'm glad I have six subscribers but, maybe just a few more comment would help. Thanks everyone. I think either one or two more chapters left. (most likely one) Enjoy (:
-Ash