World of Chances

Happy Ending

I woke up, the sun shining bright through my big window. I rubbed my eyes a little, lifting my arms above my head. I looked to my left and smiled at the sleeping figure next to me. He looked so peaceful. 

I got up quickly, trying not to disturb my husband. Placing my feet quietly on the floor, I looked back only to find him stir a little. Smiling to myself, I made my way out of the room. I closed the door quietly and walked down the hall to the soon to be nursery. 

As soon as I walked in, my hands went to my big stomach. I felt the baby kick slightly. I looked around the room, happy with my choice of the light green color on the walls and the white crib and rocker. There was a little bit of yellow in the mix, due to the cushions and flowers in the room but I was okay with that. It looked good, and we were both sure the baby would love it. My favorite thing in the room was beyond special to us. 

On the wall next to the crib there was an enlarged photo of Nicholas and I. It was my favorite picture from our wedding day. To be completely honest, we didn't even know the picture was being taken. I think Joe took the picture, him or Jenna. They were always so set on getting as many pictures of us as they could. Nick would always say, "The element of surprise is sometimes the best thing about a picture." It was true, though. 

I heard something coming from our bedroom, and wobbled down the hallway. Nick was just waking up, and I smiled at this. He looked adorable.

"Hey stranger. Why aren't you in bed? I worry when I wake up and you're not there, ya know." He said, yawning before stretching his arms above his head. I leaned against the doorframe and smiled. 

"I was in the nursery, admiring our beautiful wedding picture." I said, making my way back into the bed and into my husband's open arms. 

"You could have done that from right here, though." He said, moving his head in the direction of our pictures. 

"I know, but I like going into the nursery. I like picturing what it will be like to explain that photo to our daughter." I said, truthfully. He tightened his arms around me and kissed my forehead. 

"Our daughter is going to look just like you. I'm going to go crazy when she's a teenager chasing away all the boys..." He laughed at the thought and I joined in. 

"You will do no such thing, Nicholas Jerry Jonas. What if my dad did that? Where would be if that was the case?" I asked, looking at him. 

"I would have found a way around that. If I really cared about you, which I do, I would have found a way to see you and be with you." He said, gazing into my eyes. 

"Nick... You still make my heart skip a beat when you talk to me like that." I said. He smiled his signature smile and brought me closer to him. 

"I'm glad I still have that affect on you. That means we aren't a boring old married couple like my brothers and their wives are." He said, jokingly. 

"Us, boring? Hah, we could never be boring." I said, kissing his jaw.

"I love you, Peyton. Always have and always will. Thank you for leaving me a world of chances" He whispered. I snuggled into him, but not before placing my lips on his. 

"I know, Nicholas. I know. And thank you for taking one."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, this was very short, but you have to admit it was cute. Thanks for reading this little story of mine. There will be more like them. (: comment and read some of my other stories. Thanks! xx
-Ash