‹ Prequel: Katastrophic Breakdown
Status: being worked on. expect at most 2 chapters every week

Wish You Were Here

Drew Riggs Found

I hear Joe talking to someone in the front. He mentions something about a price and another voice, male, raises his voice a little, complaining about it being too high for a piece of equipment that shitty. I slowly go out of my room and walk behind the counter past Joe without looking at the customer. When I reach the end of the counter where Joe had recently moved the stereo, the male customer quiets down but still talks to Joe in a hushed tone. I sigh and assume it’s another crappy singer for another crappy band looking for a guitarist for one gig. The next thing I know is that Joe just says yes and the customer drops that "Shitty piece of equipment." and that's when I finally turn around and realize who is at the counter.

"Jarron?!?!"
I ask in disbelief. He stares at me, jaw dropped and then laughs. I laugh too as I walk around the counter and hold out my hand. Jarron pushes it away and hugs me instead, mumbling something about handshakes being for strangers. He lets go and gives me a once over.
“How long has it been Drew? Three years?”
“About the time I left the hospital and that note to Annabeth and everyone else to come here.”
Jarron frowns and then shakes his head and then stares at the equipment he just dropped. Looking past the floor would be an understatement. It was like he was in a completely different world.
“You know, she was really broken up after you left, and Katastrophic Breakdown pretty much scattered after you left. Reese and Drake are off doing their own things. Scott is somewhere here in California and so is Annabeth.

“Yeah I know Annabeth is here, I met her a couple days ago, though I didn’t know it was her until yesterday when Joe showed me what the local rock blog posted. I assume you’ve seen it right?”
Jarron raises one eyebrow, both curiosity and confusion on his face. I laugh a little and grab the paper off the front counter where Joe had put it to let everyone know that Katastrophic Breakdown was making a comeback.
Jarron takes a hold of it and reads it out loud as more people come into the shop
“Last week Annabeth Chase, Formerly of Cryptic Sin, has ordered a call to arms for all Katastrophic Breakdown fans to somehow get ahold of all the members of Katastrophic Breakdown for a reunion and possibly stay together this time. Two days after Cryptic Sin broke up, Annabeth Chase has announced that she was going back to being Annabeth Fever for Katastrophic Breakdown and Scott “Monster” Riggs was spotted in Orange county with Annabeth. The whereabouts of Drew Riggs, and Reese Wickes are unknown but sources tell us that Drake Neff is working as a studio guitarist in Tennessee. As fans are sending social network pleas out to everyone everywhere, it’ll only be a matter of time until the musicians hear the pleas of their fans and come back from their three year hiatus.”
The people who walked into the store were listening to Jarron read the paper I had given him and then talked excitedly among themselves. I saw that one of them had a homemade Katastrophic Breakdown shirt on and the others had Cryptic Sin shirts and merchandise. I smiled and took the poster from Jarron. He smiled and chuckled as he heard the people in the front of the store whisper among themselves. They stop for a minute to look back over at us. A girl around the age of 15 points at me, says something to her friends, then comes up to the front next to Jarron.
“ Hey you’re the guy that performed with Cryptic Sin a week ago right? You guys were so amazing that night, but I heard later that Cryptic Sin broke up after that. What Happened and who are you and-“
I hold up a finger to stop her and then look at Jarron. He nods and takes out his phone.
“Okay okay, we’ll answer your questions, just do us a huge favor real quick and have your friends take a picture of the three of us.”
The girl looks confused and anxious so she waves her friends over. Jarron shoves his phone into one of the friends hands and shows him how to take a photo, then backs up and puts an arm around the girl in between me and him and then smiles as I do the same.
When the friend takes the picture and hands it back to Jarron, He immediately sends it to every social network he’s part of. At the same time all the kids who had walked into the shop when Jarron was reading that blog article had taken out their phones annoucing they had notifications or new tweets on their phone. I look at Jarron and laugh realizing that they had no idea who they just took a photo with and no idea that they were following him on their networks of choice.
We watched as each of them looked up the photo one by one and seen them realize what had just happened.
“photo taken 2 minutes ago: Jarron Baldwin and Drew Riggs take picture with fan.”
Simultaneously, the entire Underground Rock Blog had exploded with the photo announcing that Drew Riggs had been found in California by Jarron Baldwin. Others announced that Reese had been seen heading to the Detroit airport, with a one way ticket to South Beach, California and Drake had quit his job as a studio musician and had made plans to fly out to California. I look up from the screen on my phone that was on the blog site to look at Jarron who just smiled and winked.
“I hope you have a lot of songs written. Once Katastrophic Breakdown reforms, you guys will be busy getting everything caught up from the past three years.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait guys. Working Nights is tough, all I do lately is sleep but I've been waiting to write so here it is. Hope you guys like it