Status: Story in progress

Gravity Don't Mean Too Much to Me

I'm Not O-***ing-Kay.

It had been a month since her mother had had an outburst at Bandit's school, and although Bandit hadn't been expelled, things were much worse.

Lindsey had been made to apologise to both Vicky and her parents, under the supervision of three teachers. She had also been made to apologise to Bandit's class for the disruption. Although Lindsey only recieved the minimum punishment for her actions, Bandit had not.

Bandit hadn't been punished by the school, no. Her punishment was far worse than any amount of detentions could ever be. Vicky had been making Bandit's life hell, despite the fact that just a month ago she had run away in tears from her mother. Apparently she hadn't learnt her lesson, so she decided she'd take revenge on Bandit.

Why hadn't Bandit told her mother? There were plenty of reasons why.

For one, Bandit didn't want to put her mother through it. Making her mother stress when she had a baby to think about wasn't exactly the best idea. Her mother was finally excitd about the baby, and it was all she ever talked about. Telling her mother that Vicky still continued to bully her would certainly damper her mood, and Bandit loved seeing her mother smile.

Another reason she hadn't told her mother was because, although she would love to see Vicky beg and wimper, she didn't want to be embarrised by her mother again. Her classmates hadn't let Bandit hear the end of Lindsey's outburst, constantly re telling the story to each other, sometimes changing a few of the details in the process. The most ridiculous rumour that Bandit had heard was that her mother had threatened to throw Vicky out the window, and that she had supposedly pulled her by the hair and stuck her head out the window.

Bandit didn't want any more rumours flying around the school, and she certainly didn't want her mother to get into anymore trouble. She also didn't want to be thrown out as a resultm she knew her mother would do something much worse this time.

Lastly, Bandit was terrified. Vicky had been calling her names, shoving her when no one was looking, spreading rumours about her, and just generally being a bully, Worst of it was Bandit couldn't tell anyone even if she wanted to. If she told on Vicky things would only get worse, Vicky had said so herself. So what was she going to do? Bandit was going to keep quiete.

It was lunch time and Bandit sat outside the gym waiting for her friends to meet her. She scanned the playground anxiously, expecting to her eyes to meet Vicky's piercing glare. She sighed with relief as there was no sign of the other girl.

"Boo!"

Bandit jumped and fell from the bench she was previously sat on. Looking up, she realised she must've looked like an idiot. It had been Sam. She blushed furiously and mumbled something to her friend who was now looking at her worredly. She didn't want Sam to know about what Vicky was putting her through, she mentally cursed at herself for almost giving it away.

"Are you okay?" Sam wore a look of confusion and worry on her face as she sat next to Bandit.

"I'm fine. You just startled me."

"Startled you? You looked like you'd seen a ghost." Bandit turned from her friend, trying to hide the tears forming in her eyes. "Hey, I was only joking. You know what I'm like." Bandit shifted uncomfortably in her seat as her friend put a comforting arm around her shoulder. She couldn't see her crying, otherwise she'd ask what was wrong.

"Y-yeah. Sorry, I was daydreaming and I wasn't expecting you to come from behind."

"Well, that was the whole point! Hold on, you're not crying...are you?"Bandit pulled away from the taller girl, fiercly rubbing at her eyes. If Sam knew something was wrong with Bandit she wouldn't leave it alone.

Just as Sam stood up and was about to approach Bandit, Angela appeared from the gym. "Hey guys, you should've seen- Wait. What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Cried Bandit, stepping back from her friends.

"Are you sure? You look pretty upset-"

"I'm fine! Will you just leave me alone?" Bandit gasped at her own words. She hadn't meant to yell at them, they were just trying to help. But she couldn't have them knowing. She just couldn't.

"Look, we're here if you ever need to talk, B." Sam smiled sympatheicly. Angela looked frightened at the look on Bandit's face. Bandit began hastily wiping at her face once more in anger. Why couldn't they just stop asking questions?

"What's wrong Way? Fallen on your fat ass again?" Snickered an all too familar voice. Bandit jumped out of her skin and turned to face Vicky. She was smirking at Bandit as tears roled down her cheeks, and Bandit began to blush even more. This was the most humiliating thing that had ever happened to her. Vicky had now seen her crying her eyes out, and now Sam and Angela were going to see what Vicky was really like.

"Leave her alone." Angela's tiny voice squeaked, almost too quite to hear. Angela took a step towards Vicky with her tiny fists clenched. Bandit was shocked. Angela, the most quietest, sweetest, caring girl was now standing up to Vicky. Angela, who hardly ever had the courage to even put her hand up in class. Sam's shocked face mirrored Bandit's as they watched Vicky snicker back at her.

"Leave her alone." Vicky whined in an imitation of Angela's voice. "Why would I listen to you, bookworm?"

"Because if you don't, I'll make you sorry." Sam snapped, putting an arm around Angela, whose fists were still clenched.

Vicky began laughing once more and took a step closer to Sam. Their faces were just inches apart. "You'll make me sorry? Please. It'd take a lot to make me sorry."

"Then making you sorry it is." Spat Sam.

"Please! Just stop it!" Bandit cried. She knew Vicky wouldn't be the one who'd be sorry in the end. She'd have to face Vicky alone one way or the other, and she didn't want Sam and Angela dragged into this. Everyday Vicky tortured her, always at lunch. Her friends would alwats wonder where she was, so Bandit had said she had joined a lunch club. However, today Bandit had taken the risk of pretending that the club wasn't running today, in hope that Vicky might leave her alone if she had friends to protect her. Turned out, Vicky would make her pay with or without her friends.

"Aw, is little Way gonna cry?" Vicky teased, walking away from a red faced Sam. Her friends looked uneasy as Vicky whispered quietely so that only Bandit could hear; "Meet me behind the cafeteria in five minuets. If you don't, you won't be the only one crying."

Vicky turned away, winking at Angela as she passed. Bandit gasped. No. She couldn't let innocent Angela get hurt. She would have to think of a way to get rid of her friends.

Bandit had finally got her friends to believe that actually, the club was on today, and now she was heading towards the back of the cafeteria. Her legs felt like jelly and her heart was pounding in her chest.

Yesterday had been terrible. Vicky had actually physically hit her for the first time. She had slapped Bandit across the face and had pulled her hair. Vicky had never hit her before, and Bandit had a feeling that this was going to be a regular occurance.

Whenever her friends thought she was at the club she had been secretly meeting with Vicky, against her will. Usually Vicky just taunted her by calling her names and occasionally shoving her, it hadn't been too bad. The worst thing Vicky had done until yesterday was call her mother ugly. Anger boiled through Bandit as she remebered the harsh words.
Bandit had heard of the saying 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me', but now she wasn't so sure that was the case. Insulting her mother was much worse than being hit.

Just as she was about to approach the back doors of the cafeteria, which was dimly lit and sealed off from the rest of the school, Bandit noticed something. In the trash was a magazine that caught her attention. On the front was a woman in a red bikini. Her hair was bleach blonde and she was as thin as a stick. She was tanned and had sparkly white teeth.
A month ago, Bandit would have laughed at the model, who was so obviously fake. Her hair was clearly dyed, fake tan had been applied to her body, and she had had her teeth whitened. But now, Bandit looked at the picture and felt something different. She almsot envied the woman for looking so perfect. She had never really liked girls her age wearing make up, but right now she found herself wondering if she would look good with make up on.

She glanced around to make sure no one was looking and shoved the magazine in her bag. Maybe there would be some useful information about make up in it. Bandit didn't know much about make up, she was only twelve after all.

"I see you've come to meet me." Smiled Vicky from behind her. "Good choice."

Bandit gulped. "Can we just get this over with please?"

"Sure. It'll be quick today, don't worry. My friends, you know people that care about me, are waiting for me. I know you wouldn't understand what that's like but-"

"Please. No name calling today. I just want to get this over with." Bandit didn't feel like being hero today. She didn't feel like she deserved to be called Lady Sunshine anymore. Lady Sunshine would never just let someone take advantage of her like this.

"What's that?" Bandit followed the other girl's gaze and saw that the magazine was sticking out from her bag. Her heart started to thump against her ribs as she watched Vicky snatch the magazine from her.

"Oh my...Bandit, I had no idea. You like girls?" Bandit blushed and shook her head. "Then why would you have a picture of...Oh never mind. She'd never go for you anyway. You're ugly and she's pretty."

Her words stung more than usual. "What's wrong? I'm just stating the truth Way. Her hair is lovely and your is all... well. I mean, you don't even wear make up to school do you?" Bandit wished she could just disappear. "You must defently be...well y'know."

Bandit didn't know, but she didn't like to admit it. "I never thought you'd be into girls Way. This is a surprise." She through the magazine at Bandit's feet. "I have to go. But don't worry, this isn't over."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my Gerard.

I haven't updated for two months. O_o

I'm sorry!!

I've been seriously busy... plus I had writers block. Urgh, that's always annoying right?
So anyways, I'm sorry if this chapter is a little depressing, but something had to happen. There always needs to be a twist to a story, that's what makes it a story!

Poor, poor Bandit. Bullying is a nasty business. If you know anyone being bullied you need to tell someone. Honestly.

I hope I made this realistic, Vicky is a little harsh in this chapter...
Anyways, I will try and update more regulary cause I know it's annoying when it takes forever for someone to update. I don't wanna disappoint you guys!!

Thanks, Comment/Subscribe please!

Stay Beautiful.