Status: Story in progress

Gravity Don't Mean Too Much to Me

Scans, worries, and Frank.

Lindsey handed Bandit the phone, smiling widely at her as she did so. Bandit's face lit up as she pressed the phone to her ear.

As her daughter left the room, her husband shot her a look of annoyance. "What?"

Gerard sighed, standing up from Bandit's bed. His forehead creased in a way that told Lindsey she had been right before. Her own daughter had lied to her. "She didn't say that she'd lied exactly, but I could see it in her eyes. When I asked if anyone were being spiteful toward her, she went silent." He rubbed his head and walked towards  his wife. "I could have sworn she was about to tell me something."

It took longer than it should have for Lindsey to respond. She was still in shock  that her daughter had lied so easily to them. "I'm sorry. I didn't realise.. I mean, I knew you'd be talking to her but..."

Gerard placed a finger over her lips. It felt like electricity was flowing through her body at his touch. "Shh. It's fine. What did Frank want?"

"He wants Bandit to visit him tomorrow. He hasn't seen her for a while, and he thinks it'll do her some good to spend time with his girls." Lindsey smiled. Bandit loved spending time with her Uncle, and she was sure it would take her mind from whatever was surely bothering her. Not only would it give Bandit a break, it would give Lindsey a break too.

Although she felt guilty for feeling relieved when Frank had asked to spend the day with her daughter, she had to admit she needed some peace.

She was worn out, stressed, and just wanted some quality time with her husband. Her first pregnancy scan was due tomorrow, which meant that she could enjoy it with Gerard.

"You don't think Bandit will mind missing the appointment do you?" Lindsey hadn't told her yet, and she wondered whether she should bother telling her. Kids weren't interested in baby scans, Bandit would prefer going to Frank's. Or so she thought.

Gerard kissed her forehead. "How can we know unless you ask her?" He winked, pressing his lips lightly against hers. "I can't wait to spend time with you." He paused, pulling away from her. "But I won't be dissapointed if Bandit decides she wants to come."

Lindsey nodded. Perhaps she should ask Bandit. She grabbed her husband's hand and led him to the living room. There, Bandit sat talking excitedly to her Uncle.

"I can't wait, it'll be so much fun! Oohh,  can I bring my comics?" There was a pause as he Uncle replied. Bandit giggled. "Yes, of course I'll give yours back! I've already read half of them!" Her daughter looked proud of herself. "What? That's impossible! No one can read that fast!"

Gerard chuckled and pulled Lindsey into the living room. Bandit glanced up and shot them a smile. Lindsey grinned, wishing Frank would hurry up and end the conversation so that she could talk to her daughter.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow! Love you, bye!" It seemed Lindsey's wish had come true. Her daughter began excitedly listing all the activities she and her Uncle would do tomorrow, and Gerard joined in, giving suggestions here and there.

"Hey, Bandit." Lindsey called her suddenly, interrupting whatever it was her husband was about to say. "You don't want to come with us to the doctors tomorrow, do you?"

Bandit took a while to respond. "Why? What's wrong?" Bandit ran towards her mother protectively, starring at her stomach.

"Nothing, honey." Lindsey pulled Bandit closer to her. "I'm having my scan tomorrow, you know, the one I told you about before." 

Lindsey had explained the process to Bandit when she had first found out about her pregancy. Lindsey shuddered at the memory of that first revealing. Bandit should never have found out that way.

"Oh. Well.. I sort of wanted to go to Frank's.." Her daughter looked upset. "But it would be so cool to see him!" Bandit placed her hand on Lindsey's stomach.

"Wait." Gerard looked at his daughter eagerly. "Him?" Lindsey hadn't picked up on it, but now she was curious as to what made her daughter think the baby was a boy.

Bandit giggled. "Of course! I want a brother!" Both her parents looked confused, which made Bandit giggle harder. "I would love a baby brother, that'd be so much fun. I could play Killjoys with him all the time, but if i had a sister she might be all girly and like make up." Bandit made a disgusted face.

Gerard was he first to laugh. "Bandit, you are the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on." Bandit blushed, hiding behind her mother.

"You're just like me. I never wanted a sister when I was younger. I was such a tomboy." Lindsey shook her head. "Trust you to want a brother Bandit. Next you'll be telling me you want to grow a moustache." 

Her mother had been teasing, but Bandit's face lit up at the idea. "That would be so cool! Can I?!" 

"Oh Bandit." Her parents began laughing hysterically, smothering Bandit with hugs.

The next day was a fairly easy day, no stress. At least, that's what Lindsey had hoped. Getting Bandit dressed and ready on time to go to Frank's had been hard work. 

"Ready to go, Sunshine?" Frank stood on the doorway with his arms outstreched towards Bandit. She all but knocked him to the floor at the speed she hugged him. "Woah! Someone's eager." Frank winked.

"Well, she didn't seem so eager this morning. Took me ten minuets to wake her up. I was considering throwing a bucket of water over her head." Lindsey  said jokingly, giving Bandit a quick hug. "You be a good girl and we'll pick you up at seven." 

"She's always an angle, as good as gold. " Bandit blushed. "Where's Gerard? Uncle Frank wants to give him a hug." 

Gerard appeared from the sitting room, chuckling. "Who says I want you to hug me? God knows how long it's been since you've showered." He wrinkled his nose.

"Is this some kind of inside joke I don't understand?" Lindsey interrupted.

"Nah, Frank just doesn't like showering. The tour bus reeks because of him." 

"Hey! You guys are just as filthy as me!" Frank looked down at Bandit. "Did you know that the last time we were on tour, your father didn't shower for two weeks?" 

Bandit squeaked in shock, tutting playfully at her father. He grinned back, giving her a quick hug before she left. "I'll see you later honey. Have fun."

"Love you." She mumbled, grabbing Frank's hand and pulling him outside. "Come on Ghoul, let's go!"

Frank chuckled. "See you guys later." He turned to leave, but just as Lindsey was about to close the door, he came flying through the door. He hugged Gerard almost too enthusiasticly, and then kissed Lindsey's cheek, sending her a quick wink. He was always so playful.

"Ready?" Lindsey felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter. No, flutter was the wrong word. It was more like they were punching her. 

They walked towards the car, hand in hand. Frank and Bandit had just gone. Lindsey knew she shouldn't feel so nervous, but for some reason she was a lot more nervous than when she had gone through it with Bandit.

Gerard opened the door for her, not yet noticing how nervous she was. He drove at a steady speed, still holding her hand as he drove. 

What if there was something wrong with the baby? Lindsey was far to old to even be pregnant, what if she got there and there had been some mistake? What if she wasn't pregnant?

Gerard finally picked up on her mood. "Are you okay?"

She hesistated. Was she okay? "I..I'm just nervous. Extremely nervous. What if..?" She couldn't finish.

Gerard squeased her hand. "It'll be fine. We've done this before. The hospital ia private, they'll sneak us in through the back and make sure no one sees. They're professionals, and if they say anything to anyone, they'll loose their jobs." 

But it wasn't the paparatzi she was worried about. Not really. "I know, but what if.. If I'm too old to.. to cope?"

Gerard let go of her hand, looking out the window. Lindsey wondered if she'd upset him. "Lindsey." His face was serious as he looked straight ahead at the road. "You're not old. You're young, beautiful, amazing, and you're going to make it through this. We both are. We're in this together." He gently stroked her face, eyes still on the road. "You're overthinking this. The baby will be fine. Just as healthy as Bandit, and just as beautiful."

"Or handsome." Lindsey added, taking hold of her husband's had just as he pulled into the private parking lot. "Let's do this."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Merry Christmas!
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, I've been really busy with work. School work that is.
Yay, five days until my birthday! :D So exciting!
Anyways, I hope you like this chapter!!

Remember: Every snowflake is different. <3