Status: Story in progress

Gravity Don't Mean Too Much to Me

Life Has A Way of ***ing Up When Everything Seems Well.

Vicky sat down at the stand, seeming a little too confident in Gerard's opinion. He could feel Lyndsey tensing as Vicky looked directly at them with a huge grin on her face, and he was worried he was going to have to hold her down before she attacked right there in front of everyone.

"Calm down, sugar." He whispered, pecking her cheek.

It didn't help, so he wrapped his arm around her. She barely looked up at him, her eyes focused completely on the girl in front of them. Gerard still found it hard to hate her, after what she had told him at the hospital he had felt a little sorry for her. He didn't dare tell Lyndsey this, however. He didn't understand why Vicky had gone so far though. Sure, as much as it angered him, he could understand why she would bully Bandit. She was jealous of her. But why take it out on him and Frank too? Didn't Vicky's parents see what was happening?

He looked over at what he assumed was Vicky's stepmother, Shelia. She had blonde hair that had far too much product in it, and she had a eighties hairstyle. She wore just as much make up as her young daughter, which Gerard found disgusting in itself, and she wore a tight dress that was definelty inappropriate. She was slim, and looked around Lyndsey's age, if not younger.

Gerard was shocked to notice that Vicky's father was present too. Vicky had told him her father was always away on business trips. He was wearing a grey suit and tie and his hair was grey. He looked much older than the woman beside him, and Gerard frowned. He looked more like a grandfather than anything. His wife was definelty too young for him.

Gerard hadn't noticed them before as he had been too focused on Bandit. When she had taken the stand he had felt sick. The things that Bandit had already described were awful, and watching the tape wasn't any better. He knew that the descriptions were only going to get worse, as Bandit had said it had only started 'verbally.' Nevertheless he had already witnessed Vicky shoving his daughter into a table.

Dan stood up to question Vicky. Gerard had complete faith in the man after the last half an hour, and he knew that they were going to win this case.

"Vicky." Dan began carefully; "As Bandit has already told us, you have been bullying her for a while now. We've seen evidence of this. Do you deny that you physically and verbally hurt her in that tape?"

Vicky smiled sweetly. "I do not."

The Jury seemed to wake up a little as she said this. Gerard could hear people behind him muttering to themselves.

"I see. This hasn't been the only occasion you've hurt her, has it?"

Vicky's smile faltered slightly. "Yes. That was the only time."

Gerard felt Lyndsey stiffen. Gerard would've done the same, but he knew Dan could prove she was lying. Bandit still had much more to tell.

"Do you swear that you are true to your word? That the answer you just gave me is correct?"

Vicky hesistated. Gerard knew that if she said she was telling the truth now, she would be lying to the court. Then, when Dan proved that she was lying, that could lead to even more trouble. It was law to always tell the truth whilst on trial.

"I- I swear."

Dan smiled and dismissed himself. That was all he needed.

Vicky's lawyer approached the stand and Gerard was curious to see what she would ask her. The whole case was based on lies, had they managed to fill in the gaps that made that so visible? What about the fact that Dan had just proved only moments ago that Vicky had bullied Bandit, at least on one occasion.

"Miss Warner. When Mr Iero grabbed your hand-"

"-Objection, your honour. This case has already been settled. Miss Warner has admitted to have tormented my client, and we have proved that Mr Iero was more than able to grab Miss Warner legally."

Gerard didn't know why Vicky's lawyer kept bringing the same matter up, what did she hope to achieve?

The lawyer smirked and turned back towards her client. "Vicky, would you agree that the day you were at the park, Mr Iero physically hurt you?"

Gerard gasped. They weren't supposed to be talking about this yet. The rest of Bandit's story had not been told, and the fact that Vicky had been hurting Bandit before was prove that she would have a reason to lie about the park and hospital incidents.

"Yes." The little girl replied.

"Could you please tell the court exactly what happened that day?"

Gerard was incredibly interested to see how they would tell this so called story of theirs, because of course Frank and Bandit were going to say the same thing as each other. It was a two against one situation.

Vicky nodded and faced then awaiting court. "I was at the park because I had wanted some fresh air. My mom- or step mom, told me to go play. So I went to the swings and was having a great time until I saw Frank and Bandit stood on the opposite end of the park. I kept my head down so that they wouldn't see me, because to be honest me and Bandit didn't really like each other too much. When Bandit noticed me, she ran over and sat down next to me. She told me to start swinging because that's what swings are for, so I did. The next thing I knew, I had tripped on her foot, which was far too much over on my side. I fell and scrapped my hands, and then I started screaming because I could feel my arm bent in a funny way." Vicky paused as if for dramatic effect. "Before Frank could even reach us, Bandit jumped on me and started hitting me as hard as she could. I tried to stop her, but I couldn't. Frank made his way over and pulled her off. I thought he was helping, but then he did something awful."

Vicky looked down at her lap. "Please, continue."

"W-well, Frank hit me. He hit me right here." Vicky pointed to her eye. "He yelled; 'How dare you come here, of all places!' and then people around me started to help and called the ambulance."

"Objection!" Cried Dan again, looking furious. "If I may your honour?"

The judge nodded and Vicky's lawyer sat back down. "I have a recording of Mr Iero calling the ambulance himself."

Dan played the call, and Vicky's lawyer looked devastated. Gerard relaxed, Dan knew what he was doing. This was why he had paid him so much money for this, he was an expert.

When the recording ended he said. "Vicky, you have previously stated the following to Police: 'Frank pushed me off of the swing and then Bandit, Gerard Way's daughter, started attacking me.' What you have just told the court however, is that Bandit was the one to knock you from the swing. Correct?"

Vicky looked ready for tears. Gerard didn't really feel too much sympathy for her now, she had brought this on herself.

"Y-Yes."

"Objection!" Cried Vicky's lawyer.

The judge waved her away and asked Dan to continue. "It is of course true that Bandit hurt you a little, but Frank was not the one to hit your eye. She was."

Gerard looked at his daughter who looked shaken. The full truth had to be known, and they had to be honest for the court to believe their case. Bandit was called up and she went to sit down where Vicky had previously sat. Gerard wondered when anyone else would be called to the stand. It had mostly been Frank, Bandit and Vicky so far.

"Bandit, please tell the court the rest of the bullying that Vicky has inflicted on you."

"All of it?" Squeaked Bandit, and Gerard knew that wasn't a good sign. He didn't want to have to hear this.

"If you please."

And so, Bandit described everything up until the incident at the park. Including times when Vicky had picked on Bandit's appearance and threatened her so that she wouldn't tell anyone. She had described the time Vicky had hit her and given her a black eye, and why she had hidden it from her parents. The whole thing was so hard for Gerard and Lyndsey to listen to as parents, and Gerard couldn't believe that had let this happen to their daughter.

Then, Dan asked Bandit for her side to the park story. Vicky's lawyer hadn't said anything as of yet, which made Gerard all the more positive that the Jury would side with them.

"Well, I was at the park with my Uncle Frank and his daughters. Everything was going fine until I got on the swing and noticed that the person next to me was Vicky. I was about to tell Frank, but she told me not to. He was busy playing with his daughters to notice. So, Vicky told me to start swinging faster because I was going too slow, and I had to. I didn't know what she'd do to me if I didn't. But then, she tripped me. Instead of me falling and hurting myself badly, her swing went out of control and she broke her arm when she fell. She started screaming and I tried to help her up, but she wouldn't let me. Frank rushed over and thought that I'd done something wrong, so he yelled and told me to ring the ambulance." Gerard looked over at Frank, who looked incredibly guilty. "I handed the phone to Frank when I'd dialed."

"Thank you, Bandit." Dan turned to the court. "As you can see, Vicky had been bullying this girl for months, why wouldn't she make up lies about what happened down at the park? It only makes sense that she would have wanted Bandit in trouble, so she changed her story from Frank pushing her to Bandit. Also, it was a little inbelievable that a grown man would behave as such, anyone can tell."

After having Frank's side of the story, the court had decided to stop and make a decision about Frank. Gerard was quiete positive that Frank would be deemed innocent, he could tell from the Jury's faces. There was no way people would believe Vicky now, Bandit had given much more detail in her recounting of the story and Vicky's lawyer hadn't had a defence.

Her lawyer had tried to bring up witnesses from the park, but they had told the judge that they couldn've easily mistaken the situation from what they had thought had happened, and one even admitted to seeing Vicky attempt to trip Bandit.

The judge turned to face everyone once the Jury had made their decision. "Mr Frank Iero has been deemed innocent."

Lyndsey cried in joy and wrapped her arms around Gerard. He smiled and kissed her forehead. He had always known it would be okay in the end, he had tried to tell Lyndsey that from the beginning. She pulled away and he wiped the tears from her eyes. "We still have my case to go, sugar."

Lyndsey laughed. "Well, that'll be a short one. It's obvious you didn't do anything wrong now, isn't it?"

The Judge continued. "As for Miss Warner, you have lied to the court willingly. This is against the law. You have also been bullying a girl for months, which is also illegal and has ill consequences. We have decided that, since Miss Warner clearly lied about the first case, she must have lied about the accusations towards Mr Way."

"You have to investigate the case!" Shouted Vicky's lawyer, making Vicky jump next to her.

"Not unless Miss Warner wishes to tell the truth now, before she lands herself in a prison cell for the night." The Judge looked stirnly at Vicky, and Gerard could see she was crying now.

"I lied. Mr Way never touched me. He was being really nice." She sniffed, and Gerard couldn't believe she was giving up so easily.

"So, I now leave Vicky's fate in Mr Way's hands. Please stand up front and tell the court the charges you wish to press against her."

Gerard made his way to the front, aware that all eyes were on him. He was trying to think straight. He didn't want to have this responsibility on his hands, and he didn't want to be too cruel. He didn't exactly hate the girl, but he did feel angry at her for what she had done. He tried to look away from her as he said; "I wish to press no charges against Miss Warner." Everyone gasped, and Lyndsey looked angry. "However, I would like to fill a restraining order against her. I would not like Vicky more within two miles of Bandit."

The Judge nodded. And like that, the case had ended.

************************************************************************************************************

"See, the truth is always revealed in the end!" Cried Frank, as he shook hands with Dan. He had a huge grin on his face.

Gerard and Lyndsey had been so happy at the end of the trial that they had promised Bandit they could have a take away meal delivered to their home that night, and this was huge for them because they never let Bandit eat anything so unhealthy. Bandit had been the happiest, skipping down the corridor to the main office and singing.

"It's not a problem, I'm glad I could've helped." He went to leave and quickly added; "I'm surprised we didn't have to use Vicky's parents as a defence, they were they reason she was bullying Bandit in the first place."

"Well, we still won, didn't we?" Lyndsey smiled, she was beyond happy.

She had hoped that Vicky would have to face a worse punishment, but at least she could never go near her daughter again. That was the greatest gift Gerard could have given, and Lyndsey knew that the girl would have to transfer school's. She wouldn't be so full of herself there, being the new girl.

Lyndsey took hold of Gerard's hand and Bandit's. The paparazzi were still outside, she could see them though the glass windows. The cameras were ready to snap as many pictures as they could, but if she was honest, she didn't really care at that moment. Her family had concurred the struggle they had been through for the last year, and now it was time to settle down and raise a family. Lyndsey rubbed her stomach joyfully.

She had put on a huge black top so that no one could see the bulge, they hadn't been about to ruin the secret because of the court case.

Gerard noticed that she was staring at her stomach. He smiled and kissed her passionately on the lips. "Let's go have a baby."

Lyndsey knew he didn't mean it literally but she nodded and they walked out of the door. Cameras flashed left, right and centre, and Lyndsey had to grip Bandit tighter. They were completely surrounded.

Ray and Ross were already at the car, they had somehow managed to get out before the trial had even officially ended. Lyndsey felt sorry for them, there was still reporters stood outside taking photos of them.

Lyndsey couldn't hear herself over the noise as she shouted to Gerard; "Take Bandit to the car! I'll catch up!"

He sent her a pleading look as if to say 'I can't leave you' but she pushed Bandit into his arms and deliberately trailed behind. He ran through the crowd with Bandit. Lyndsey pushed past a few me that had microphones pointed towards her. All she could hear was repeated questions from reporters, and her head rang from the noise.

Everytime she got close to the car, someone would pull her back into the crowd. She was too short to see over them all, and she worried about her daughter. Had she made it to the car? She couldn't see no matter how hard she tried, so she decided to just push through and step on as many feet as she could.

The photographers cried in pain, putting it on in front of the cameras. She hadn't stepped on them that hard, just hard enough for them to get the message. She just wanted to get to the car and go home.

About a metre from the car, something awful happened. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as she tried to run to the door of the car. She could see Gerard's panicked face through his window, and she knew he'd come out and save her. Before Gerard could even out a hand on the handle however, it happened.

A tall muscled man was knocked over by a few other photographers. Lyndsey saw his falling, but couldn't react on time. She screamed as he fell towards her, knowing that he was about to crush her. She felt his strong arms elbow her in the stomach, and she cried in pain. She collapsed on the floor, holding her stomach in agony with tears down her face. The man was still falling, and she screamed a second time, as if expecting him to stop just because she had done so.

He fell on top of her, his face inches from hers. She yelped as she felt his body press against hers, and a sharp pain jolted through her stomach. She screamed even louder this time, and the man sensed her ergency. He pushed himself off of her and noticed her stomach. His eyes popped in shock and he snapped a picture.

"Really?!" Lyndsey screamed, and he stepped back into the crowd. Cameras were flashing everywhere, capturing her exposed stomach.

Lyndsey didn't care. The pain in her stomach was excruiating, and she bent over gasping for breath. She could hear Gerard's desperate cries, and she began to black out. She couldn't let this baby get hurt. She couldn't. She rubbed her stomach as if hoping to make it better, and she began having a panic attack.

"M-My b-baby!" She cried repeatedly, sobbing and rocking back and forth. "It hurts!"

"Lyndsey!" She heard her husband's voice cry from being her, and she felt his arms wrap around her body as he picked her up from the floor. "Fucking move!"

He pushed his was easily throught the crowd, growling at anyone that stood in his way. He opened the door and threw Lyndsey in the back, slamming the door behind her. She could feel Ray's arms wrap around her as he did up her seatbelt. He rubbed her knee soothingly as she heard Gerard get in the car.

He started the ignition and the car roared to life. He honked the horn furiously and Lyndsey didn't know how he did it, but they had pulled out of the parking space in less than two minuets. Before she knew it they were speeding down the highway.

"I'll fucking kill them!" Gerard yelled, turning into a winding road. The whole car tilted at the force.

"Calm down!" Cried Ray, clearly seeing that his son was growing distressed. Lyndsey couldn't blame little Ross, Gerard was driving like a bad man.

"I will not fucking calm down! They've hurt my fucking baby!" Gerard turned another sharp corner.

Lyndsey yelped in pain as she felt a strong pain jolt through her stomach. "It hurts!"

Gerard seemed to speed up at this. "Don't worry, baby, everything's going to be fine."

Lyndsey felt it again, but stronger. She bit back a scream and Ray put an arm around her shoulder. "He's dying! He's dying! Make it stop!"

Ray took out his phone and dialed 911. Gerard saw and sped up even more. Lyndsey thought they'd be lucky to even make it to the hospital with the way he was driving. Lyndsey didn't know the baby was a boy, but everytime she felt pain she would cry for him. She wasn't going to let her baby die, over her dead body. Her maternal instincts had kicked in, and she didn't care about anyone but him.

"Hello, ambulance please!" Ray gasped down the receiver, Lyndsey had grabbed his leg and gripped it as tight as she could. She was now screaming her lungs out.

"I'll make it stop!" Cried Gerard, tears down his face. He pulled onto another road that Lyndsey recognised. "Just hang on, we're almost there!"

"She's bleeding!" Ray cried to both Gerard and the medic down the phone.

Lyndsey looked down at her lap and noticed a puddle of blood. She screamed the top of her lungs and grabbed her stomach desperately. She had to do something or she would loose him. She held as tight as she could, as of hoping the tighter she grabbed her stomach the less chance he would have of dying.

"Get him out!" She yelled, grabbing the phone from Ray. "Help me, please! My baby!"

"Calm down, take deep breaths." The medic instructed but Lyndsey couldn't handle it. She began breathing even healthier and she was panicking so much by now that she couldn't even talk. "Listen to me sweetheart. You need to try and calm down."

The car jolted to a stop and Lyndsey noticed that they had pulled up outside of the hospital. Gerard flew from the car and raced to lift Lyndsey out. He ran towards the front doors with blood smeared down his shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, but a dramatic one. And a very important one. Don't hate me?