Status: What is Love?

Love is...

Priceless

He looks at me then back at the sparkling jewellery scattered over the glass table. His facial expression bouncing from one to another. I knew he was stressed. I knew this meant the world to him. But I just couldn’t pick.

“How about that one?” He pointed to a heart sharp sliver necklace.

“Nope.” I quickly spat out, while entwining my hand into his as I couldn’t help but bring the smile upon my lips.

“Um... How about that one?” His voice sounded more urgent as he asked. It was a fourteen carat gold ring that will make me look irresistibly remarkable.

“Nope.” I repeated, watching his posture fall.

“What must I get you?” He argued ripping his hand out of mine and lashed at me.

“Nothing.” I answered nicely. My eyes flicker as he wanted to shower me in goods.

“Nothing?... Nothing?!” He pouted as he looked at me clueless.

“Well there’s one thing...” I whispered lightly.

“Sure. What is it?” He begged me to continue.

“I want you to stop buying me things and just kiss me.” I spat out and smiled wildly.

He couldn’t help it either. His smile lit up his face as he wrapped those strong arms around my tiny waist. He drove in for a kiss, making my heart skip a beat each time.

“You’re really something.” He spoke.

“You should know better that money doesn’t buy love.” I whispered into his ear and drove my lips back onto his.

Love is priceless. The person you care for doesn’t care about money, jewellery or things to make them happy because the only thing that makes them happy is being with the one they love.