Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter thirteen

Staying true to his slimy words coming out of his slimy mouth, the Team Rocket grunt did call me, not too long after Cat and I left the Blackthorn City gym.

Before I left Lance did give me a few pointers. He said not to leave the city with the Team Rocket member under any circumstance, as it was not safe to do so. He said I should meet up and go on the date in a public place, however it shouldn’t be too crowded as I wouldn’t be able to get information out of him, and he wouldn’t try and ask me to join Team Rocket.

However, his last piece of advice made me laugh though.

“Most importantly, don’t fall for him. I have a feeling you won’t though”

Lance had no idea about my still slightly active fear of good looking boys, so it made his innocent joke even the more amusing to me.

As I was about to start getting ready for this ‘date’ with Jack (the Team Rocket grunt) Cat came into our room and informed me she would not only help me get ready, she was going to dress up tonight too.

There were no parties, nightclubs or bars in Blackthorn City. It was a small town, and quite quaint too. Not many visitors passed through, with Clair being too strong for most trainers. I’m also sure the dragon clan would object to their sacred city holding such shallow businesses.

Therefore Cat said she was going to spend the night at the Blackthorn City gym. Lance already gave her the OK, as did Clair, with Clair already knowing all about Lance’s plan for Cat and I to help him out.

She also decided to tell the boys in the morning we were going to stay in Blackthorn City. They had already bought alcohol and were sitting in some park getting trashed (not even bothering to prepare for their battles against Lance tomorrow) and because we were staying overnight there was no need to inform them yet.

“Hun you look SOOOOOO hot!” Cat squealed, as I finished applying my make-up and messed up my hair a little.

“Thanks.” I beamed.

“Where are you meeting up with him?” Cat asked me curiously.

“Um, I said I’d meet him on the other side of town. I told Lance I needed his opinion on what to wear and how I look, it wouldn’t look good if the guy saw me walk out of the Blackthorn City gym.” I replied.

“That’s true. If you have everything and you’re all ready to go, we should probably head off then.” Cat suggested.

As was the case in most towns, the Pokémon centre was within close proximity to the gym, and with Blackthorn being quite a small city the walk took less than five minutes. We stepped in, and made our way through the gym and towards the back.

I knocked on the door that lead to the back, and Lance appeared a short time later, dramatically throwing the doors open.

“What do you think?” I asked, not even bothering with a greeting.

“Very nice. You’ll almost have him eating putty out of your hands.” Lance smirked.

“I helped her! We got ready together. What do you think of me?” Cat asked, and it was obvious she did not like the attention that Lance was giving me.

“You look very nice too. It’s too bad you’re not going on a double date, you two ladies would make a fine impression and would work great undercover as a team.” Lance smiled.

“I’ll just have to do a kick ass job independently. Is there any thing you have to say I need to improve on my outfit?” I asked Lance innocently.

He then looked over my outfit and make-up with a deep in thought look on his face, seriously thinking about it.

“Nope. You look very nice. However, in the long run it doesn’t matter how you look anyway because he’s going to try to recruit you no matter how you look. It’s the innocent look you hold that he’s after, and no matter how much you alter your appearance you still hold that innocence. Either way though, you look lovely.” Lance smiled at me.

“Awww, you’re too kind. However I’m not going to stand here and dig for compliments, I’m on a mission as of right now and I’m already going to be fashionably late by the time I rock up, so I shall now depart. Have fun tonight guys.” I winked at Cat and Lance, who both blushed as I headed out.

***

The date Jack and I were on was quite simple. He didn’t try to lure me out of the city or into a bad and secluded area of town. Instead, we were in a semi-crowded café drinking coffee.

He had bought mine, a vanilla chai latte. He offered to buy me a slice of cake but I refused, being quite full from dinner.

He was being charming, and had I not known he was a Team Rocket member I hate to say it, but I’d be falling for his charms. I’m damn lucky Lance was in the diner at the time, who knows what he’d be capable of luring me into.

It had also once again reinforced my belief that good looking guys were dicks, and I should once again go for the not-so-good-looking guys who were nicer. I’m sure Team Rocket didn’t send just ANYONE out to lure girls.

“Hey um, I have a question, well more of a proposition for you.” Jack asked, as I was taking the last sip of my vanilla chai latte.

“Yeah?” I asked, a fake innocent smile on my face.

“Well I know you’re travelling, and I know this great group that helps travellers and makes it interesting. They’re an organisation that are committed to protecting Pokémon from this world.” Jack suggested.

“Yeah? Sounds like a noble cause.” I said, holding back a snigger.

“Well yeah exactly. They’re having a meeting tomorrow night, you should come along,” Jack started “Of course you don’t have to, only if you want to. You sound like a kind person who is committed to Pokémon. It’d be a great way to show your commitment to Pokémon and also make the most of your travels.”

“Jack, you are wonderful. Of course I trust you, and it’s kind of you to suggest this to me. I will be there with bells on.” I smiled.

Damn, I was good. I was probably on par with his slyness.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 6.45am, my flight isn't for another hour so I decided to write this story, having nothing else to do at the airport, and it's an easy going task for someone who got up at 4am. I'll write more on the flight, it goes for 2 hours, but I won't be able to post for obvious reasons.