Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter sixteen

It was now the day of that Team Rocket “meeting” and I was quite curious as to what would be happening. Would they be admitting they were Team Rocket or would they be using a different guise? What would they admit their mission and vision statements would be?

Brett and Aaron had left Blackthorn City a few days ago. Aaron was going to the nearest train station to get a train back to Goldenrod, whilst Brett was going to be flying to New Bark Town in order to start Johto from the beginning in order, and to meet Professor Elm for some tips.

I told Aaron I’d keep in touch, but it would probably only be a short text message or email every now and again. I knew I’d email Brent weekly, he was an alright guy and was Cat’s brother of course Cat would probably email him daily.

I hadn’t seen Lance since our encounter at the lake, but I had heard from him. I saw Clair not too long ago who communicated me some information and asked how things were going, and last night I came back to my Pokémon centre room to find a note left on my bed from him.

It was from there on in I was beginning to see the appeal of Lance. He was a superhero, looking over the region when needed, and had the skills needed such as sneaking up and remaining unnoticed (the incident at the lake) and being able to subtly break into places without anyone knowing. He seemed like a cool guy, and he never did use his powers for personal gain.

However obviously not as much as Cat, who was sulky all night and even went so far as to state “Why would he like you more than me? I’m nicer than you, and have a better personality. Out of any guy, you’d think Lance the Dragon Master would you go for personality over looks”

She didn’t pick up on the fact I ignored her for the rest of the night and didn’t apologise in the morning believing she hadn’t done anything wrong. Her spirits were only lightened after I told her that Lance had said in the letter that he would be attending the meeting, and that I should bring Cat along too.

“So…what are you going to wear?” Cat asked me, as I slipped out of the bathroom, having already applied my make-up after my shower.

“A skirt.” I shrugged, realising how hot the weather was.

“Which one? And what top to go with it? Oh my god, you should see what I picked out. It’s so nice!” Cat squealed.

I just nodded and smiled. Cat and I had a different taste in fashion. I liked basics, just plain colours with a black or white skirt. Some of the clothes I owned were ‘nice’ they weren’t boring, but I never wore any fashion statements. I never wore frills, or sequins or any of that kind of stuff. Just “basics”

Cat on the other hand, always wore bold fashion statements. She’d wear a plain skirt with tights, but always had a frilly or sequinned top with a bright colour. Some may call it “trashy” but I never said anything because it wasn’t my place to say. We all different fashions for a reason, what I like, other’s may not. What I don’t like, others may. It wasn’t up to me to say what fashion was “right”

She then showed me a black skirt with black tights, and a pale pink shirt with a few frills around the neck with a white cardigan.

“That looks quite nice!” I said truthfully.

Not something I’d wear, but minus the frills I wouldn’t mind it. It looked smart, and it suited her figure nicely.

“Great. So how about I put on my clothes, you put on yours and we head off? Where are we meeting Lance?” Cat asked me.

“Uh, he didn’t really say in the note…he said it wouldn’t be secure to say or something, which is also why he didn’t just email me the note. He said he’d be there, and would make himself apparent to us.” I shrugged.

***

It was so hard not to laugh at this “meeting” of this “organisation”

Jack was sitting by my side, with Cat on the other side. How could anyone not know this was Team Rocket in disguise?

The speaker had stated this was an organisation that existed to show that Pokémon, whilst companions, needed to be used for ‘efficiency’ as well. This went hand in hand with Team Rocket’s oath of “Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket.” That Pokémon champion Red had said was plastered all over their walls in a television interview.

The speaker even tried to say that using Pokémon to be productive and efficient made them happier. Don’t know about her, but my Pokémon are happy just being my companions. I barely even used them to fight.

The name of this “exclusive club” that everyone seemed to be allowed to join was “Tough Route” which of course, started with the same letters that “Team Rocket” started with. Fishy much?

I was barely paying attention to this meeting. It was pointless and the more I paid attention, the harder it was not to laugh and mess up everything. I would look around the room and feel depressed that all these young Pokémon trainers were being brainwashed to eventually join Team Rocket, so then I started to look around to see if I could spot Lance.

I couldn’t, but every time I’d look around I’d see Jack smiling at me. Then I’d quickly avert my eyes back to the presentation and the cycle would start again. I just wanted to get out of here, see Lance and him tell me the next course of action. Even lectures at High School and University weren’t this torturous!
“So, yeah. We believe Pokémon aren’t being used to their full potential. They love helping their trainers, why shouldn’t we help them? Using them as productively as possible means that they’re getting the best workout possible, and get to know they’re helping their trainers!” The girl speaker finished.

Everybody began to clap, and I slowly did too not wanting to look suspicious.

“We will now bring out some snacks both for trainers and Pokémon so we can all discuss what we’ve learned today and look at joining our organisation. We have a camp next week that’s always a lot of fun, so feel free to sign up with the lovely lady at the door.” The male presenter stated.

Jack then turned to both Cat and I, as soon as it was over.

“I do hope you’ll both be joining us in this camp. It will be a great chance to bond with your Pokémon and learn all about us at the same time. I’d also love to spend more time with you, Emily.” Jack stated.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. He was using the prospect of “us” by dangling it in front of me to get me to go to this camp. I wanted nothing more than to tell him he’s a horrible person and I’d never date someone like him.

But I stayed quiet, for the mission’s sake.

“Well er, I don’t know. Are we going Emily?” Cat asked me.

“Um…I’m not sure…” I stated, not knowing what Lance wanted us to do.

“Of course they’ll be going. Right Emily? Right Cat? These two girls are my best friends.” An unknown person said, jumping into the middle and grabbing Cat and I with both of his arms.

I looked to my left and noticed it was Lance, in a disguise. It was hard not to laugh at it; he looked so childish compared to his normal mature demeanour.

He had on a black cap that was sideways, that hid his hair well, although some of his spikes came out from underneath. He also had on a gray hoodie and baggy jeans, with black skate shoes.

“Who are you?” Jack asked, looking a little disgusted at Lance’s appearance.

“I’m Lance, and I’m coming to this camp with these two girls.” Lance admitted, and my eyes nearly bulged out of my head at how he used his real name.

“Lance, right, that’s easy to remember. Well Emily, if you want to we can do something right now, I am free…” Jack propositioned.

“Can’t, sorry. Em and I are going for a coffee date, we already pre planned it. Maybe you guys can have a play date another time.” Lance grinned, not letting go of Cat and I as he dragged us off.

We however, were willing to go at the same time. I just wished we stayed around for seconds later so I could see the annoyed look on Jack’s pretty boy face.
♠ ♠ ♠
No more uni. More time for updating :D