Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter seventeen

“I feel weird about this.” I admitted to Lance, putting my latte down to face him.

We were now sitting in a café in Goldenrod city. Yep, that’s right. Goldenrod city. Lance said we needed to really discuss this plan in great lengths, and Blackthorn City was no longer safe now that the Rockets had their presence there. He said there was no doubt the Pokémon centre was bugged, and the Gym was constantly being watched. There was no where we could discuss this without fear of being heard, so therefore the bustling Goldenrod city was the best, as we would go unnoticed.

The Rockets were terrified of Goldenrod, ever since Ethan came in a few years back and defeated them all.

Ethan was good, and I’d like to meet him one day. He was one of very few that had beaten Lance. It was well known he hadn’t beaten Red though, Ethan had even told reporters he trekked up Mt. Silver to Red’s hiding place and had lost. Red had since come down in that time, but was never seen. Some people said he was dead, but those theories were quickly quashed when every now and again people would see glimpses of him. It seemed he mostly stayed around the Pallet/Viridian area in Kanto, and was NEVER seen in Johto.

Now I’m just going off topic. But this is why I never admired Lance until I knew him personally. He was a good trainer, definitely one of the best, but he was just a title. Red turned down the champion role because he didn’t like the attention, and Ethan, although a celebrity himself now who loved the attention, didn’t feel he was worthy of being champion until he could beat Red. All these girls (including Cat it seemed) squealed that Lance was the best and that’s why he was sexy. Real trainers knew that Lance was very good and a person they’d love to battle one day, but there were other trainers on his level, that’s why there is no real need to squeal.

Ahem. But yes. Rockets weren’t going to touch Goldenrod with a ten-foot pole in case Ethan, or even worse, Red came to intervene.

It was fairly amusing getting here though.

A normal Pokémon would take a few hours to fly from Blackthorn to Goldenrod. A Dragonite, which is strong and built for flying would take maybe an hour with one passenger, give or take a few moments. Lance’s on other hand, with huge amounts of strength and speed was able to take Lance, Cat and I in 45 minutes.

I was in front of Lance, whilst Cat was behind. Cat made sure she was sitting behind, probably so she could do the ‘cute’ thing of holding onto the strong male who needed support and to be protected.

What she failed to realise though, was that I would be in front of Lance. Meaning I got to lean back onto his muscular chest and if I wanted to, I could get him to wrap his arms around my waist.

Whilst Cat was screaming into Lance’s back, I smiled and enjoyed the ride. I didn’t own any Pokémon that could fly, but I had been on my Dad’s Pidgeot many times and I enjoyed the thrill.

I did however, need to lean back onto Lance’s chest. I had tied my hair up, but it was still whipping Lance’s face. Leaning back onto him (which he pulled me into) meant most of my hair was held back and wasn’t going everywhere.

Lance also did move one arm around me loosely and placed his hand on my thigh to keep a small grip as we started moving around in circles to get to Goldenrod. Whilst this is nothing to fret over, he then began to absent mindly draw circles around my thigh a few minutes in. If I didn’t know Lance this would be considered flirting, but he had done no signs of flirting. So therefore I knew it was just him being absent minded.

When we arrived in Goldenrod we got coffee, and here we were now. Cat bat her eyes at Lance and hinted strongly she would be ordering a hot chocolate. Lance being the nice guy he is went to pay for it after ordering himself a latte, but I got in there at the last second and ordered myself a latte and handed the barista the money before Lance did. Lance had taken us all the way to Goldenrod on his poor Dragonite, this was the least we could do.

“So you two girls are native to Goldenrod aren’t you?” Lance asked us.

“We sure are.” I smiled, looking over at Cat who gave us a swift nod.

“That’s great. If we’re going on this camp it would have looked a little odd if you bought along the possessions you have now. Therefore I believe you girls should go home, spend a night with your family, pack some camp belongings and we’ll meet at this place tomorrow to go back to Blackthorn.” Lance proposed.

“That sounds good, right Emily?” Cat asked me.

“Yeah as good as going to this stupid camp will be. What things do you think we’ll need to take? I know nothing about this camp. Will there be tents or cabins?” I asked Lance, realising I took no notice about this ‘camp’ when it was being explained.

Lance gave me a smile at my brutal honesty.

“Apparently we’ll be sleeping in tents, but they will be provided. I think the camp leaders get cabins though. Relax, it’ll be fine. Just take a few change of clothes, some comfortable walking gear and some toiletries. They said there would be a few camp activities, but I doubt there would be that many. It’s all about brain washing and indicting people into Team Rocket.” Lance stated.

“Okay, so. Clothes, toiletries, comfortable shoes, a flash light, Pokéballs, pokenav, and the alike. That cool?” I asked.

“Can’t think of anything else.” Lance smiled.

“So…Lance, are we going to share a tent? Because those speakers said we’d be having two in a tent. Emily would be with that Jack guy to further the plan, isn’t she?” Cat said, not even looking at me as she eyed up Lance.

My jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t mind spending a tent with another person, even if it was someone I didn’t know. But that sleaze ball Jack…no way. I did NOT trust him, and I’d told Cat that numerous times.

So what does she do? Tries to place me in an uncomfortable position, just so she can spend time with her celebrity crush. A real friend doesn’t do that. She should be sticking by my side and making sure WE get a tent together just so I don’t have to be with the sleaze.

I’m getting very tired of Cat’s shenanigans. Ever since I could remember, she was always jealous of relationships I had with guys. The day my first boyfriend asked me out, the whole time after he left she kept saying he would leave me and it wasn’t going to last. Every boyfriend after that she said similar things, and always found some flaw to continually pick out. Every time I ended things with a guy, she would run after him and try to date him.

Cat was a good friend in every other aspect. But I was getting tired of this major aspect, relationships. She was spiteful, jealous and made it very hard on me to pursue one, which is a small reason why I gave up dating in the first place. She always made me feel guilty and make a choice I didn’t have to in the first place, her or them.

How is this relevant to the scene that just happened before me? Well, it isn’t really. But it comes under the main topic: relationships. Her major bitchy act is part of a main issue that’s been haunting me for a while, and right now everything that had built up was ready to blow.

Lance was looking at me sternly, waiting for my reaction. I could see he wasn’t impressed with what Cat had said, and was expecting me to just shrug it off like I usually did.

Not this time.

“I’m out. Not going to this camp, so you two can spend more time together. Have fun. I’m going home, and I’m staying there for the rest of summer.” I spat, grabbing my bag and storming off, but making a bolt for it as I turned around the corner so neither Lance nor Cat could catch up if they chose to follow me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear there will be some proper Lance action soon, bear with me. This is going to be a long story.