Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter two

I was standing awkwardly at Cat’s door as her mum was scalding her. I didn’t know what to do, this was pretty awkward, and so I was just standing there. Awkwardly.

Today was the day that our small group consisting of Cat, Cat’s brother Brent, Brent’s friend Aaron and myself were going on a Pokémon journey.

Cat and I had always spoken about what we would do when we went on our very own journey. It was the freedom I adored, seeing new places with my best friend and being in control for once in my very structured high school life I had back then. Cat was excited to meet new people, mostly hot guys.

Sadly, we had never had the spare time to go. I had high school to begin with that prevented me from going, and then when I graduated I moved onto university, which gave me no time to travel.

Cat was going to go with another one of her friends whilst I was in my first semester of university, but that fell through. She said everything happens for a reason though, and she was glad in that time we had managed to become close again, and there was nobody else she’d want to go with.

But now I had deferred from University for six months, in order to go travelling at the ripe action of nineteen. If I was going to do this, it would be when I was young, and to be honest I needed the break.

Cat’s mother was scalding her about being careful on the road, and to look out for me. Whilst I wasn’t going to go so far as to say that Cat’s mother was like a second mother to me, she was always looking out for me and was there for me. Cat had told me numerous times I was her mother’s favourite out of all of Cat’s friends, and her mother had been worried for me during the time I was dating a guy and he was treating me badly, even going so far as to help us break up.

“Awww Mum, don’t worry about Cat. I’m sure she’ll look after Emily fine; they’re both pretty responsible. It’s Aaron and I you need to worry about.” Brent grinned, patting his mother on the shoulder.

“I haven’t started with you two yet! Just you wait. You better not lead these two into any dangers, they’re still innocent! Don’t corrupt them! You boys should know best.” Cat’s mum scalded.

Brent and Aaron had been on Pokémon journeys before. They had travelled around the Kanto region before, but instead of doing the normal thing of training Pokémon and collecting gym badges, they went to every town to party.

Now that they were older, they wanted to travel around their own region and collect gym badges.

Cat wanted to do what they previously did in Kanto. She wanted to go to every town and party. She wasn’t much of a trainer; in fact she only owned two Pokémon, an Eevee and a Marill. They were more companions and protection for her, rather than Pokémon to train.

I on the other hand, was a rookie Pokémon trainer. Although I wouldn’t be collecting gym badges this time around, I still sometimes battled my Pokémon and held a full party.

My party consisted of a Charmander, Cubone, Rattata, Furret, Poliwhirl and Butterfree.

I was still mostly going to see new places and travel, though.

“Awww come on guys, I think we should make a start. We’ve already beaten Whitney here, we need to get going to Ecuruteak City and beat Morty.” Aaron whined.

“Yes, the sooner you crazy kids leave, the sooner you’ll get back. Get on going.” Cat’s mother joked, pushing both her kids away from her.

We all took turns in hugging the woman, before picking up our gear and shuffling out of the yard and into the busy bustling Goldenrod street.

“So how did your parents take your departure this morning, Emily?” Brent asked me, as we were following them on the way to the outskirts of the city.

“Dad was already at work by the time I got up to go to yours. Mum took the morning off work to say bye though, she was all teary but proud. She’s obsessed with the fact I’m going to find true love or something on this quest, because that’s how she met Dad. Whatever.” I replied, rolling my eyes.

Brent and Aaron snickered, before turning to each other and discussing amongst themselves how they were going to beat Morty, the next gym leader.

“We’re going to meet some hot guys! We can go on a double date.” Cat snickered to me.

I just smiled in response. I had only turned nineteen a few weeks ago, and for the entirety of my eighteenth year I was boy crazy. I was obsessed with trying to find a guy to finally find something real. It fell through, but now I was at peace of mind and happy just to travel and see how life comes.

Cat was still just as boy crazy though, and it was useless trying to talk her out of it. It’s just how she is at this stage in her life.

***

Night time had fallen, and we had set up camp for the night. Aaron, Cat and Brent were going to be sharing a huge tent together, whilst I had bought my own very small tent to sleep in.

I was acting like a little bit of a diva I know, but I wouldn’t be comfortable sleeping with three, two or even one person close to me. I preferred sleeping by myself, and I was willing to sacrifice myself to look like a diva in order to be the most comfortable.

Using our pokenavs it was estimated that we’d be at Ecuruteak city not tomorrow morning but the next, including the three camping nights.

The boys were in a bit of a rush, but Cat and I were willing to take it slow. It’s not like we were in a hurry to get to a certain destination.
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh I just want to write about the main character meeting Lance, but I don't want it to happen right away. He'll be in soon though. Oh and the main character's name is Emily, just so you know.