Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter three

We had all reached Ecuruteak city, and unfortunately all had different ideas on what we wanted to do from here. Cat and Aaron wanted to check out the Kimono Dance Theatre, Brent wanted to go challenge Morty straight away and I wanted to go check out Burned Tower and Bell Tower.

We were only staying in this city for a day, so I wanted to check out everything I could. I was happy to go to the Kimono Dance Theatre, but that was a task we could do at night. The boys could easily go to the gym right now, but the Burned Tower and Bell Tower could only be accessed during the day.

I proposed this idea. Brent agreed to it, but Aaron and Cat objected. Aaron said he wanted to go to the dance theatre NOW, whilst Cat said she’d rather do anything than the Burned Tower or Bell Tower because they were ‘boring’

I sighed. No one was going to change their opinion and we’d waste more time just standing here and arguing about what we were going to do. It was just a decider of whether I preferred being alone and do what I like, or preferred to not be alone and do what I didn’t want to do.

“Let’s split up then. This city is small, it’s not like it’s Goldenrod city. Brent can go to the gym, Cat and Aaron can go check out the Dance Theatre, and I can go visit the towers. We all have our pokenavs, so we can all find out where the others are when we’re done.” I proposed.

Aaron and Brent looked at each other and nodded.

“That seems fair.” Aaron agreed, finally coming around to the idea.

“I don’t know. This is a foreign town, and for all we know it could be filled with murderers. That, and it’s more fun if we both go together.” Cat stated.

“It’s in the middle of the day, we’re just as likely to get murdered by a crazy person here as we would anywhere else. In fact, it’s probably more likely to happen in Goldenrod.” I stated, finding her blanket statement ignorant and borderline idiotic.

“But still! And we agreed to go on this trip together!” Cat whined, ignoring my argument.

“You’re right, we did. Want to go to the towers, and then the dance theatre?” I asked, finding another possible solution right now.

“No, why would I want to go see some old towers? How boring. We have better towers in Goldenrod, and they’re much newer and nicer.” Cat huffed.

I was flabbergasted. Nobody could be that stupid, could they? These towers were built seven hundred years ago, and were a symbol of friendship between people and Pokémon. The towers were very sentimental to the people of Johto, and to be allowed to enter them was a privilege.

“Kay. You go see the Dancing Kimono Girls, I’m sure someone with your attention span wouldn’t be able to handle the towers.” I huffed, storming off as an ‘ooooh’ from Aaron could be heard.

I then followed signs to the Bell Tower, but walked around a few times before I entered either of them in order to cool down. If I walked into the Bell Tower without a clear mind, I would not be able to gain entrance.

I also didn’t want to enjoy a symbol of friendship between Pokémon and humans in a bad mood. I had wanted to see these towers for a long time, and wouldn’t let her dumb words ruin that.

When I calmed down, I took a deep breath and headed into the tower.

A bald man wearing robes greeted me at the door. He bowed to me on entrance.

“Hello and welcome to the Bell Tower. I am Sage Koji and before I let you pass I must know your true intentions of coming to Bell Tower.” He stated politely.

I bowed back to be polite.

“Good Day Sage Koji. My name is Emily Robinson. I have travelled from Goldenrod City in order to witness the tower that represents the friendship between Pokémon and trainer. I would like to be inspired by such beauty in a tower that could possibly represent what my Pokémon mean to me.” I truthfully answered.

“Are you here to try and lure back Ho-Oh and be the pure hearted trainer it seeks?” Sage Koji asked.

“Well…. not entirely, no. I am only a rookie trainer, and I do not seek to disrupt Ho-Oh in its search. One day the pure hearted trainer will enter the same doors as I just have and will attract Ho-Oh without realising it. But I truly believe that trainer is not I.” I replied.

“You are truly pure hearted, and even if you’re not the trainer to bring back Ho-Oh, you are still pure and your soul will be used for another noble purpose. We would be delighted to have your presence within our building.” Sage Koji said, bowing and allowing me through.

“Oh thank you, have a brilliant day!” I said, overjoyed I was allowed in.

Whilst the Bell Tower wasn’t impossible to get into, a lot of people got knocked back. I knew of a few people who had. The Sages could easily tell what people’s true intentions were, no matter how well you lied

I then stepped inside and took a look at the surroundings. Even after seven hundred years, everything was still in tact due to the strong grip the Sages held on who could enter, and how well everything had been looked after.

The bottom had polished floorboards, whilst the walls were a charcoal grey. There were many paper screens scattered around, and many statutes of the legendary Ho-Oh.

The demographic that was inside was varied. Some were other Sages who were looking after the place, or here to find tranquillity. Some were battling the Sages in a separate special room made for battling the Sages upstairs (I could hear the noises from down here and hear people talking about the battles) and some were just like me, wound up here to inspect the tower and it’s greatness.

I was going to make sure I scour this place and take in every little detail. This was almost a once in a lifetime chance I had just been granted, and I wasn’t going to take it for granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I heard this song in the supermarket today and it reminded me of this story, so I changed it from 'When I stopped Looking, I realised how far I'd come" to "You Can't Hurry Love" haha, and it's one of my favourite songs :) Sorry to confuse anybody.