Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter four

I was now outside the Burned Tower, after leaving the Bell Tower. I did look at everything I intended to, and even watched a few people test their Pokémon’s skills on the Sages. It was an enlightening experience.

I was sad to come to the Burned Tower, especially after a good time at the Bell Tower, but it needed to be done. I needed to see this piece of history as well.

The Burned Tower was also a symbol of the friendship between humans and Pokémon. Before it Burned Town, it was the Brass Tower. The Bell Tower was the Tin Tower, but had been renamed to the Bell Tower in recent years. The Tin Tower was the tower that celebrate the birth and lives of Pokémon. The Brass Tower celebrated the resting place of Pokémon. Therefore both of them together celebrated the eternal bond of us humans and our Pokémon. Therefore it was important to visit both towers, to pay respects.

I sighed as I entered the Burned Tower.

Unlike the Bell Tower, there were no rules about who could and could not enter this tower. Since the burning day one hundred and fifty years ago, this tower had remained deserted. But nobody wanted to enter this tower, it was creepy.

Immediately the damage was visible. The walls, ceiling and floor had many holes in them, black everywhere. The damage had almost mummified itself, if somebody didn’t know the story of the Burned Tower they would swear it burned down last week.

Although no strong burning smell could be smelled in the air, the faintest hint of burning wood could be smelled, but this didn’t make sense as this place has been aired out for one hundred and fifty years, so it makes the sniffer wonder if they’re really smelling it or if it’s just the scenery playing tricks.

Besides a few pillars, there were no decorations in the tower. Just rocks, debris and one ladder that went to the bottom, the other ways being the hole in the floor as damage, which I wasn’t too keen to use.

I climbed down into the basement, and it looked exactly the same as the top level, only debris and rocks were the only decorations. However it did have something the top level didn’t have, two trainers, which were training their Pokémon against wild Pokémon. Immediately their attention turned to me.

They were two fire breather trainers. They were both carrying unlit sticks, and had on a clown suit and a funny hat. I had seen them before, and always stayed weary of them. Unlike other friendlier trainers such as schoolboy, poke fan or Sage trainers as I just met, these ones were not friendly and could not be trusted.

I didn’t want to shock or offend them though, so I stayed firmly put with my hands on my Charmanders pokéball.

“Why look, if it isn’t some girl who managed to actually venture down here. What’s a pretty girl like you doing down here?” One of them said.

I then got chills down my spine. This is what happens when guys are about to attack girls in movies. If I tried to run, they’d attack me. No, I must use smooth words to get myself out of this situation.

“Just checking out the scenery, ya know. Thought I’d train my Pokémon down here, however I can leave you guys to it if you’d like.” I nervously stated, but tried to remain confident.

“No, no. That sounds like a good idea, why don’t we train against each other?” One of them suggested.

I still felt a little scared, but calmed down a bit as I saw a way to get out of here. I could battle them once, then state I needed to go to the Pokémon centre and then leave.

“Okay.” I shrugged, grabbing Charmander’s pokéball and sending him out.

“Oh, how cute. A Charmander let it meet my Charmeleon.” The fire breather smirked, letting out a Charmeleon.

I tried not to panic. Although it was evolved which meant it was stronger, it still knew all the same attacks as my Charmander, which gave me a small advantage.

However before I could strategically plan my match, the other fire breather jumped in.

“Why don’t we do a tag team match? It’ll train more of our Pokémon.” The second fire breather stated.

“I don’t know…it’d be hard to control two Pokémon at once and I’ve never really done a tag team match before…” I stated nervously.

“Oh, who said it’d just be two on two?” The second fire breather stated, and then threw three Pokéballs onto the ground.

I growled as two Koffings and a Growlithe were revealed. Knowing this match was now illegal; I threw down all of my Pokémon. I was still at the disadvantage, as I had to control six Pokémon, but it was better than four Pokémon picking on one or two of mine.

“Poliwhirl! Use water gun and cover the Charmeleon and Growlithe!” I instructed, and Poliwhirl seeing the danger immediately complied.

“Good idea. But is it good enough? You have a Charmander as well, and if the flame on it’s tail goes out, it dies. Are you willing to risk your Charmander’s life for a battle?” The first fire breather smirked.

“Idiot, Poliwhirl knows to not attack it.” I snarled at the fire breather.

“What if it can’t see? Koffing, use smoke screen.” The fire breather said.
I fell to the ground and covered my mouth, coughing. Because we were underground the smoke screen was even worse than usual. I saw the fire breather’s strategy; I wouldn’t instruct Poliwhirl to use water gun in the case of it hitting my Charmander. But they obviously only focused on two of my Pokémon, instead of all of them, which would render this attack useless and I could start using Poliwhirl again.

“Butterfree! Use gust to blow away the smoke!” I cried out to Butterfree, who let out a cry as hurling winds were blown throughout the basement.

“You bitch!” The fire breathers grunted together, realising their plan was flawed.

“Oh well, we can still win this with brute strength. Charmeleon, grab onto Charmander and hold him in place.” Fire breather one stated.

“Wait, what?!” I asked, confused at his actions.

“Koffing, both of you as well as Growlithe, move behind Charmeleon.” The second fire breather stated, and his Pokémon did as he said.

“Try and use water gun now. You’ll kill your Charmander.” The first fire breather smirked.

“Fine, I surrender. This battle was illegal anyway, I don’t care, I just want to get out of here and go back to my friends.” I sulked.

“If you do exactly as we say, your Charmander will be safe and sound in your arms in no time.” The second fire breather stated.

“Ewwww you PERVERTS!” I screamed at them.

“Please, don’t flatter yourself. You’re pretty, but you’re too whiny for my tastes. I prefer a beautiful matured woman, not an immature little girl. I’m too good for you.” One of the fire breathers stated.

Hahaha….WHAT!!!!

I began to burst out laughing. This guy was fat, ugly and annoying. He was lucky if even a Jynx would give him a second look, let alone a ‘beautiful matured’ woman.

As he was snarling and building his own rage, a Haunter appeared. That was strange…even though this was a Burned Tour that was haunted, it was usually pre occupied by rodent Pokémon such as Rattatas. The only ghost Pokémon that appeared were Gastly’s, Haunter’s pre evolved form.

I looked around to see if a trainer was behind this Haunter appearing. I looked at the entrance, and I was correct. A new trainer stood there, a pokéball in his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted Lance to be in this by part five but that's not going to happen...I wasn't going to have Ecruteak City go for so long, but it works out well because it means I can skip the others. It's also good because it means this story goes for longer :) Lance will be in it soon, I promise.