Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter six

Our awesome foursome were now currently residing in Mahogany Town. Brent and Aaron were fighting the gym leader, Pryce.

We only spent one night in Olivine City. It took us two days to get there, which was three camp outs. The boys were annoyed that we got there later than expected, in the early evening and could not battle that day, so we were a day behind schedule.

Because of this, the boys planned to get wasted and party to compensate for lost time. Unfortunately the lighthouse light was out, making the town quite dark, and we were unable to see where we were going. Unknown to us, the S.S. Anne was to port that night, and with hundreds of passengers and no light to guide it, disaster was about to happen.

So the boys wandered up the stairs of the lighthouse, and found the top easily enough with me and Cat cautiously following, hissing about this being trespass.

Brent instructed his Raichu to use thundershock on the bulb, as he was an electrician apprentice and after looking at the bulb make he concluded the problem was not that the bulb burned out, but with the live wires. Aaron then got his Voltorb to use thundershock too, which got the lighthouse working again, so the town of Olivine could see again, and the S.S. Anne could find it's way safely.

All Brent and Aaron knew at this moment though was that now they'd be able to see the town and go and find somewhere to party.

However, there was no time for that. Jasmine the gym leader had rushed to the lighthouse, and as it’s keeper she had seen the entire episode. She offered Brent and Aaron the Mineral Badge instantly, stating they had earned it by fixing the lighthouse.

Suddenly Brent and Aaron weren’t in a mood to get drunk anymore, as much to Cat and I’s dismay, we were only spending the night in Olivine City and would be leaving at the break of dawn, and according to them there was no time to go out anymore and we would be better off sleeping.

We skipped Cianwood City, Brent and Aaron stated it was too hard to get to, and we might go back another time. Might.

Cat and I were disappointed, but they had a point. We had no way to get to the quaint, secluded beachside city. Perhaps Cat and I would go sometime for a holiday and stay there longer than we would have with Brent and Aaron.

Aaron and Brent were at the gym, battling Pryce. I had decided not to go, in a weak protest to show my annoyance at Aaron and Brent I was annoyed at not being able to stay in Olivine City even for a day longer. Cat agreed to join me, and here we were at the Pokémon centre, perving on hot guys.

“Wow, I’d want a piece of him.” Cat winked at me, as a guy walked past.

I nearly threw up at the smell of his cologne. It could be smelled from the second he stepped in, but the smell was overpowering as he walked past.

“You can have him.” I coughed.

“Shh! He’s looking this way! He probably heard you!” Cat said, clamping my mouth shut.

“Mmmm mmm mmmm!” I protested, throwing her off me.

“What was that? I couldn’t hear you.” She smirked.

“I said way to make it more obvious! If he’s looking over now, he’ll know something’s up by you silencing me. Good going.” I sarcastically said, and this time Cat had no reply as she turned bright red.

She was right though. The guy was looking over, and even chuckling at our conversation. We locked eyes for a second, and I swear I saw him wink at me. I saw Cat’s smile widen at the corner of my eye, probably thinking he was winking at her, but his direct path made from his eyes matched up with mine.

Man, seeing the boring gym battle would have been better than this, I’m sure we could have easily entertained ourselves that way.

He sent us a smirk and seemed to decide on something, as he took his arms off the counter and made his way over to us.

“Hi. I’m Daniel.” The guy confidently said, shooting Cat and I a cocky grin.

“I hate that name.” I burst out, trying to suppress a giggle, earning a nudge from Cat.

I saw his grin falter, as my outburst was not a reaction he expected. He obviously always got the same reaction every time, and didn’t have this one ‘presaved’ in his memory, therefore he could not act.

“Your eyes glow like a million glowing suns.” The ‘Daniel’ guy said to Cat, turning away from me to focus on her.

I rolled my eyes, as I got up and muttered ‘I’m going for a walk’ and suppressed my distaste at the record for the worst pick up line ever.

It had happened once again. I immediately shot down the guy, so he moved onto Cat. He didn’t want a relationship. No guy who wants a relationship confidently struts up to two girls and states his name cockily. He just wanted a good time.

And every time I shot down a guy and he moved onto Cat, when Cat realised this when it was too late, she blamed me, and it put yet another strain on our friendship. This trip was beginning to change my opinion of Cat. I always saw her as a caring friend, but after spending so much time with her, I was starting to see bad quality after bad quality it she didn’t look like the great friend she used to.

I sighed as I walked to the shop next to the Pokémon centre and collapsed into the doors, feeling a little down at the repetitive nature of guys. I was sick of this same cycle happening, but had yet to meet a decent guy. The way I was going, it seemed I’d be a crazy Meowth lady, as I got older.

I then looked around the shop. It wasn’t a Pokémart; instead it held weird and interesting items.
“You look troubled dear.” The old lady behind the counter stated, ceasing her conversation with the shop’s only other occupant, a male that had shades on even though it was indoors, and was wearing a black bandana over his red hair.

“Um, don’t worry it’s nothing to do with you. It’s just something that happened before I walked in.” I weakly smiled.

“It’s quite a warm day outside. Why don’t you sit here and cool yourself down with a glass of water while you speak about it. Such a young sweet thing as yourself should not look so troubled, I’m sure speaking about it will calm your mind.” The old lady kindly suggested.

“I’m not sure. As kind as your offer is, I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than hear a nineteen year old whine about silly little friendship dramas. I’m too old to be acting this way, and I don’t want to waste your time.” I replied.

“Oh nonsense. It’s serious enough to be bothering you, so I’m sure it’s not silly. I have nothing better to do, and I’m sure my good friend here doesn’t, do you Larry?” The old lady asked, addressing the man wearing the bandana.

“Of course. I always have time to cheer up a beautiful girl.” This ‘Larry’ guy said, pulling up a chair next to him on the bench opposite the old lady.

“Make yourself comfortable dear, I’ll be back in a few minutes with some lemonade.” The old lady beamed, shuffling from behind the counter out the back.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD. Six in one day o_O. I'm going to try and get a seventh one out, but it's 10.36pm and I have to get up at 6am tomorrow. DAMN, just as this story was beginning to pick up!