Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter seven

I was a bit hesitant to tell the old lady and Larry about my problems. But once I got talking, I couldn’t stop. I told them a little of the past, a few problems Cat and I had encountered due to the problem of guys.

I also reluctantly spilled to them my problem of going for the shy kind of guy because they weren’t jerks, but they were too shy for me and went for Cat, but to Cat they weren’t ‘perfect’ enough. The old lady then gushed on how much of a gem I was, and whatever guy I ended with would be the luckiest guy on earth to have a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart to match. Larry only gave a kind smile, and I could tell it was a smile to say non-verbally that he agreed with what the old lady was saying. Either way, both of their reactions made me blush.

Then I informed them of my troubles during our trip. The boys moving very quickly, and me and Cat getting into small fights and disagreeing with each other over small things.

“So yes, this dream trip Cat and I have planned since we were kids isn’t going as smoothly as we thought. Half because of the guys ruining it, and half because we keep fighting.” I huffed, crossing my arms.

“You young girls, you place such a big emphasis on finding love.” The old lady chuckled, in a ‘laughing with you’ way.

“I don’t care if I find a guy or not, I give up. The good-looking guys are jerks; the non good-looking guys are nice but just aren’t interested in me. Who do I go for?” I sighed, banging my head onto the table.

“My mother one said something to me.” The old lady stated.

“What was that?” I asked, raising my head from my hands.

“You can’t hurry love, no you’ll just have to wait. She said love don’t come easy, it’s a game of give and take.” The old lady informed me.

“Urgh!” I complained, dropping my head back into my arms “I’d rather just ignore this issue and get on with my life, having a boyfriend isn’t the most important thing in one’s life and I’d rather just enjoy the moment.”

“Well that’s a good philosophy there and as much as I agree with you and agree that’s the best course of action, I think you’re placing too much emphasis on the type of person you go for. Just because a boy isn’t good looking, doesn’t mean he is a nice person and vice versa, a good-looking guy isn’t automatically a jerk. Something tells me you’ve been burned in the past and it’s warped your view.” Larry said, speaking more than a short sentence for the first time.

“Yeah, I have. And it’s messing me up as well because I know it’s warping my view of things, just making things more complicated.” I said, raising my head from my arms to look at Larry before I dropped my head yet again.

However this time he pulled me up.

“Then do as this lovely old lady has suggested. Play it cool, sit this one out for a while. If it’s meant to happen it will happen. One day you’ll stumble across the right guy, good looking or not who will be right for you, and you’ll know it’s right and not focus on those small things. You’ll be lucky to have him, and he’ll be lucky to have you.” Larry said, pulling me up and placing his arms on my shoulders to make sure I’m focusing on him.

It was hard, because he was wearing sunglasses so dark I found it hard to see the intimacy of the conversation without seeing his eyes, but I appreciated the gesture none the less.

“Thanks, I’ll take your suggestions on board. I just hate sounding like a clinging whining idiot, but I’ve never been able to speak about this with anyone. I tried with Cat once, but she got a little angry and accused me of taking my so-called ‘beauty’ for granted. It’s just a problem that’s been messing with my mind, but now I can see clear.” I smiled.

“That brings us onto your second problem. Your friends…” the old lady trailed off.

“Ah yep. I’m pretty stumped for that one too.” I shrugged.

“Larry since you had such great advice for our new lovely young friend, what do you propose she does for this dilemma?” The old lady smiled at Larry.

“Hm…well I think you need to get rid of the guys. If you’ve been planning this trip for a long time, you’ll only end up disappointed at the end of the trip that it didn’t go your way. They’re speeding it up and making you feel more irritable.” Larry stated.

“Yes, Larry is correct. If you travel with your friend alone you are more likely to be happy, as is your friend, so you will be less niggly with each other and enjoy yourselves and have a good time.” The old lady interjected.

“At the same time, your friend could be a little more proactive in being a better friend. As we were saying before, finding a boyfriend is not the most important quest when you are nineteen and friends should always come first. She shouldn’t get angry at you for those ‘jerk boys’ as you refer them as going for you first. She should be more proactive and not let herself get used. It’s hurtful, but she has no one to blame but herself.” Larry said, muttering the last few lines.

“Yes, as they say. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It’s sad it happens to her, but she lets those idiots use her over and over. We’re on opposite extremes, I’m not very trusting of guys, and she’s too trusting. Instead of pointing fingers though, I think I should approach her and discuss it with her, and we can help each other with our problems.” I beamed.

“That’s a very good conclusion you have come up with, and it was all by yourself.” The old lady said.

“That’s true, your conclusion that is. And that way when you both least expect it, you’ll both find the right guys.” Larry smiled.

I smiled back, but before I could reply my Pokenav went off.

I got off my stool and headed a few steps away from Larry and the old lady before answering.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Where are you? Don’t you know it’s rude to ignore your friends whilst you go searching for someone else.” Cat hissed.

I rolled my eyes. It was true, but it was obvious my presence wasn’t required. It also strongly reminded me of the time when we were eighteen when Cat left me alone at a party, flirted with some idiot, and got so drunk she got kicked out and then yelled at ME for ‘ditching her’

“I was leaving you guys alone so you could get better acquainted. I was scared I’d cramp your style” I said, half truthfully.

“Alright. Well, where are you? I texted Brent, he said Aaron is battling the gym leader now and they will be done soon.” Cat asked me.

“Come to the random shop next to the Pokémon centre. I have two friends I’d like you to meet, and they are quite wise.” I said, smirking as a plan forming in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Schweet, managed 7 chapters in one day. However now I really do have to go to bed, as I have to get up in 5 hours for work -_-

Oh and Larry = Lance, in case any of you are tired and can't put 2 + 2 together, like me right now aha. He's in disguise.