Status: semi active

You Can't Hurry Love

Chapter nine

We had officially landed in Blackthorn city as of half an hour ago. We were pooped, so therefore the boys were happy to just kick back for a while.

The Lake of Rage was fun; even the boys enjoyed themselves and were ready to have an afternoon of fun after facing Pryce, with the typical result of Brent winning against the gym leader but Aaron losing.

The boys even managed to pick up, with one doing better than the other. Brent, being the classier one of the two boys got the numbers of a few swimmers as well as lasses, stating that he would one day fly from Goldenrod on his Flygon to visit them. Aaron on the other hand found the sluttiest lass trainer he could find and disappeared into the bush with her for a while.

Cat and I just laid down on the lakeshore, going in and out of the lake sometimes to cool down. We also dared to see who could go the longest distance in the lake to where the water would rise, the water being very cold. I’m not proud to say, I lost that challenge.

A few guys approached us (mostly me) but I kept my eyes closed and told them I wasn’t interested. I was going to take Larry’s advice and stop taking it so seriously and just enjoy life. It was a thing I was taking in small steps, but I already felt better from that moment on.

We started our trek to Blackthorn City late that afternoon, setting up camp in the evening.

Two days later, we arrived at the ice path. The plan was to go through early morning and make it out by the end of the day and set up camp whilst we got out. However, we failed to make that deadline and had to find the warmest part of the cave to set up camp. It was still very VERY cold and required our Pokémon to create fires and cuddle up to us.

Which is why we’re just kicking back today. We got here this morning, but I think Brent and Aaron were willing to spend today relaxing, and tomorrow they’d try and battle Clair.

We were now seated in a buffet restaurant. Not just any buffet restaurant. Because this was Blackthorn City, the buffet was dragon themed to celebrate the dragon theme of the entire city. Our Pokémon were in the Pokémon buffet next door, eating all they could eat as well.

Aaron was stuffing his face with dish after dish, and although I couldn’t keep up with him as vigilantly, I was faring pretty well with this technique too. The two siblings, Brent and Cat however, were both whining the entire time.

“There isn’t enough protein in this food. If I don’t find a real gym soon and bench press as much as I can, this fat won’t turn into muscle.” Were Brent’s complaints.

Cat’s however, were a lot less technical.

“I’m going to get fatter than I already am!” I heard Cat whine.

All I did to them both was roll my eyes. There was a salad bar that had healthy meats they could both choose to eat, they were just choosing the unhealthy options and complaining about it. Cat also ate a lot of junk food masqueraded as ‘healthy’ whereas I usually ate lean meats and vegetables. I could have a treat today.

I got up from the booth to get some more food. As I was piling my plate with foods, a boy about my age approached me. He had Sandy blonde hair that was spiked up at the front, and stunning blue eyes. He was very attractive, and although he was wearing a hoodie it was implied he had a nice body too.

Usually he’s the type of guy that I’d dismiss as being too attractive for me, but I remembered Larry’s advice and shrugged, ready to see what he wanted.

“For a small girl, you can eat a lot.” He smiled, referring to my plate of food.

I looked down at all the noodles I had piled onto it.

“Haha, yeah. I do get a big appetite, but I’ve been travelling for three weeks now and I kind of miss good food not cooked over a campfire.” I stated, feeling myself grow nervous and blushing at his interest.

“Really? It sounds interesting. Maybe you’d like to tell me over dinner tonight, I’ll buy you some more of that non-campfire food.” The sandy haired boy offered.

“I-um-I don’t know.” I stuttered, falling over my words.

“Alright, I’ll tell you my name then. I’m Jack.” The boy introduced

“Emily.” I introduced back.

“Now that we know each other’s names, you can say yes.” The boy grinned.

“How about I get back to you? I need to discuss everything with my friends and all first, I’m travelling with them, it might be a little rude to ditch them.” I explained, cringing on the inside at how he would take this.

“No worries. How about you give me your number, and I’ll give you a buzz in a couple of hours and see if you’re up for it?” The boy asked me.

I nodded and put my plate to the side, taking the pen he gave me and writing down my pokenav number onto his arm.

Just as he thanked me, I saw black cloud my vision. It wasn’t that I blacked out; rather something black appeared in front of me. It seemed silky, as if a black cape or other item of clothing had come into contact with me.

I fell myself knock to the floor, and I lay on the floor for two seconds before getting my bearings back and sitting back up. I looked for both the sandy haired boy and the person who knocked me over, but found neither.

I shrugged, thankful at least that nobody witnessed me falling over, before grabbing my plate and sitting back into the booth.

“Oh my god did you see him?” Cat asked me.

“See who?” I asked, realising that whoever she was referring to probably made an appearance when I was knocked over.

“Lance.”