Status: Weekly updates

The Redheaded Wonder

CHAPTER ONE

Everyone in the Great Hall became silent as the Sorting Hat began its song.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;


You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;


Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;


Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.


The first years looked around at the surrounding children, nervous that they might be standing next to future rivals. Names were called, students sorted, and the crowd cheered. Hermioine Granger was sorted into Gryffindor, Draco Malfoy to Slytherin, Harry Potter to Gryffindor. Applauding sounded from the rival houses.

"Walker, Alice?"

Ron, who had been standing to the side, nervously awaiting his turn, became wide-eyed as the so-called Alice Walker took her seat on the stool, the sorting hat lowered onto the mess of red curls atop her head. All time stopped for Ron as he crossed his fingers, praying that she be sorted into Gryffindor. She was beautiful, glowing and radient as her rosy red lips curled into a smile.

The sorting hat mumbled something too quiet for anyone to hear. Alice whispered back to it.

"Then I suppose you belong in..."

Ron squeezed his eyes shut, hands clenched into fists. Please be Gryffindor. Please be Gryffindor. Please, please, please be Gryffindor.

"Slytherin!" the sorting hat boomed.

Her robes were suddenly adorned with the signiture green and silver that sent every Gryffindor into a bad mood. Alice stood and skipped across the room, away from Ronald. She took a seat next to Draco, who immediately began to converse with her, smirking. Ron's dreams were crushed, or so he thought, though he had never even talked to this girl.

"Weasley, Ronald?"

Ron stalked up the steps, sullen at his loss. For a split second, he almost wished it would sort him into Slytherin. He was immediately sorry for this though, for he knew his entire family had been sorted into Gryffindor. Yes, that's where he belonged. He would have to forget about this girl. This girl who had stolen his heart the very second he laid eyes on her.

"Gryffindor!"

As Ron sat next to his siblings and his newfound friends, he couldn't help but glance back at the Slytherin table, catching one last look at the redheaded wonder that filled his every thought to the point of confusion.

"Not having any second thoughts, are you Ronald?" asked one of the twins.

He gave a weak smile, shaking his head.

"No, not at all."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!!! I've been dying to write a Ron fanfiction lately, and I thought that this would halp get the creative juices flowing. I've kind of been stuck on my other stories so maybe this will help some.

Comments?
Subscriptions?

More comments=More updates