Status: Weekly updates

The Redheaded Wonder

CHAPTER FIVE

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE PLEASE

“Alice, are you coming to the quidditch game tonight?”

Alice stopped in her tracks at the sound of her name. She scrunched her nose at the voice, one of the Weasleys, though she wasn’t sure which one.

“You might as well just walk in the other direction Weasley. I don’t talk to people like you.”

She continued walking in the direction of Snape’s classroom. Draco would be saving her a seat, though he would have a hard time keeping Parkinson away. The boy kept following her, much to her disappointment. Someone with a reputation like Alice’s shouldn’t be talking with a blood traitor.

“Go away Weasley, before I hex you.”

“But we both have potions next”, he stated.

Alice rolled her eyes.

“Take a different way. Preferably one where people wouldn’t have to look at your face.”

There. That should keep him away…

But he kept following her like some lost puppy.

“If you think I’m joking, you had better go get a better sense of humor.”

The boy simply shrugged his shoulders, smiling stupidly.

“Do you want me to help carry your books?” he asked her.

“Of course I don’t! What don’t you understand when I say I hate you and I don’t want to be near you? Honestly! Why do you have to be so stupid?”

He stopped suddenly, hurt written all over his face. Alice smirked triumphantly. Maybe he would finally stop bothering her for good. She didn’t have time for those who were obviously far beneath her. She glanced back at him just once more, still standing in the middle of the corridor, and felt the slightest twinge of regret. She shook her head though, as if that would clear it, and resumed her quick pace to the dungeons. He deserved it, she told herself.

-----

Alice was about to pick up the books from the library table when she heard footsteps from behind her.

“You better watch out Walker”, came a wavering and uncertain voice.

She smiled to herself.

“I thought you would be paying me a visit Potter. It seems I was right. What on earth could you possibly want from me?”

She turned, coming face to face with the boy who lived.

“I think you know why I’m here.”

Alice laughed at his attempt to look menacing and gave him an evil glare than would put Tom Riddle to shame.

“Standing up for poor little Weasley, are you? Oh Potter, you could do so much better than that. And that little creature of dirt… Granger, was it? I mean, really Harry. Being the chosen one, I’d think you could pick out some friends who are even a little better than that?”

Harry’s hands were balled up into fists at his sides. Alice laughed quietly.

“Harry Potter, you chose the wrong side. And it will come back to haunt you someday, I can promise you that.”

With that, Alice picked up the stack of books and left the library, leaving only the scent of lavender behind, making Harry wish that he had hexed her while he had the chance. Ron’s a bloody idiot, he thought to himself as he walked back to the common room. Only idiots fall in love with demons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there were no comments for the last update... That kind of made me sad, but I've decided to give it one more go. If there are no comments for this update, then this story will likely come to a permanant hiatus. Feedback is what keeps me going!

But even if you don't find this story interesting anymore, I've started a new Draco Malfoy fan fiction that I think you should definately at least check out. I think it'll be a lot better than this story. It's called When Winter Comes Early.

I suppose that's it for now...

Sincerely,
Loony