Psychosis

Chapter 1

The clock said 1:45. 1:45 what? in the morning in the afternoon? There was a signifigant difference. All I could see was the white ceiling, bright white lights. They were rushing by me and there was a weird feeling that I was flying. Through the big doors, down the long halls. I was so disoriented I had no idea where I was. There was something in my arm, I tried to look down. Couldn't move my head, couldn't move anything. I could hear screaming faintly in the background. I could hear crying. A baby maybe? I started to piece together my surroundings. I was in a hospital. But why?

The clock glowed bright in my dark room. Windows covered. Lights out. Dark. 7:30. Why is it that pm and am couldn't follow. I was looking around, mostly just moving my head back and forth. There was no one in here with me. I was alone. I went to get up and fell over. To weak in the knees to explore. I laid back down and tried to make sense of anything. I had no idea where I was in terms of what hospital. The last thing I remember was being at home watching TV while my parents made dinner. Parents? Where were they? Maybe they were sent home? Why was I here anyway?

I was awakened my a gentle shake and opened my eyes to see a wide smile.
"Goodmorning, it's about 9:30 are you hungry" the nurse moved around the room opening things and closing them. She looked at me again.
"You took quite a hit but I think you'll be fine. I'll be back in half an hour to check on you and change your dressings. If you need anything press the button" and with that she left out the door. I was more confused now than I was when I was being wheeled around. A doctor walked in and looked at me. He looked somber and pained. I sat up a little straighter.
"Cecilia? Cecilia Robinson? Could you please tell me your birthday?" he asked looking at me intently.
"July 23 1990" I said looking at him. He nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. He looked extremely distraught. Two police officers walked in. That got my attention. I started panicking. Why were there police officers? Where were my parents? Why did the doctor look like that?
"What's going on?" I asked. The doctor walked out of the room. The taller of the two officers walked towards me.
"I have children myself. They're younger than you but I... I know... This isn't easy to tell you" the officer looked just as pained as the doctor.
"Where are my parents?" I asked again. The officer looked down at the floor.
"You're parents were killed last night. You're lucky to be alive" The older looking officer said.

I just looked at him. Lucky. I'm lucky. My parents are dead and I'm lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright first chapter