Child of the Moon

My Vampire.. Family?

It was a terribly long flight back to Washington, where Alice and Carlisle were waiting at the airport. No one said anything about what happened a week ago, and I was thankful. I didn’t want things to get anymore awkward than it was.
We had to run back, leaving false trails at the same time.

“I really doubt that they would come to our house to get you, but you never know for sure.” Carlisle explained after we had gotten out of the busy airport. “You’re going to have to stay at our place for a while.”

I sighed. I think I could do that. I would need a few things, though.

“Alice can get them for you. She loves shopping,” Edward said, and Alice nodded enthusiastically.

“Oh, I would love to get you some clothes! I’ve never shopped for someone like you before, so this should be fun…” she went on and on, and I eventually tuned her out.

Eventually we got back to the house, but everyone else was out hunting. When I heard this, I must have made some horrible face because Edward had to tell me that they only drank animal blood. I was starting to like these vamps more and more.

Everyone else came back while Carlisle and I were talking about what all goes on in my world, which had reminded me that I needed to find out when the next new moon was. Unlike popular belief, we wolves transform at the full and new moon.

I asked if any of the vampires coming in had a laptop I could borrow. Emmet said he did, and it was sitting in my lap a moment later.

“Thanks,” I said with a smile, and with a grin Emmet and most of the others were gone.

I waited for the laptop to power on, and when I glanced up, Jasper was the only one in the room besides myself.

“Hey,” I said brightly, but another look at his expression told me that this was a serious conversation.

I sighed. I bet he was here to threaten my life if I ever touched anyone in his family again. My heart sank, and I gritted my teeth. You brought it on yourself, I thought sadly.

He gave a small smile. “I wasn’t planning on doing that. I wanted to-err- apologize.”

My eyebrows inched up my forehead. “Apologize? What for?”

“For wrongly accusing you of trying to kill my brother,” he said slowly, as if I should already know that much.

“But… but you weren’t wrongly accusing me. Technically, I did have a dagger at his throat.”

“But you thought that it was the Volturi. And you were trying to protect yourself,” he countered.

“Yeah, because I was acting stupid. So, so, stupid!”

“Everyone’s really embarrassed about it,” Jasper said suddenly. “That’s why they’re not saying anything.”

“Really?” I asked with a smile. Well, they definitely weren’t the only ones.
“Yeah. Especially me. And I’m really sorry about that.”

I smiled, “Apology excepted. And I’m really sorry for the mix up, too.”
He smiled and just shook his head.

He held his arms out for a hug, and I guess I gave him a weird face because he just laughed.

“It’s a hug. Cause we’re family now.” I hugged him awkwardly, but I was smiling like crazy on the inside. I had never gotten a hug before.

Days passed quickly, although the Cullens didn’t do too much.

“We’ve lived for about a hundred years,” Edward explained. “and will probably live much longer than that. So it doesn’t really matter if we don’t do something every day.”

What was the most irritating was Bella. Not her, exactly, but just that she was still together with Edward, who obviously had feelings for me as well. This must be how normal teenage girls today feel. It was pretty different when I was a human…

What was even more annoying (in a different way of course) were the glances and smiles Jasper and Alice would give me. It was infuriating that they obviously knew something that I didn’t! If only I could mind cast and find out what they were thinking!

But anyways, all too soon, the new moon came. Not a fun experience.