Child of the Moon

My Love and Home Calling

The rest of that week moved by slowly. No longer did Edward flirt with me, or even talk to me. In fact, he could barely be in the same room as me. I assumed he wanted to detach himself from any feelings he had for me, and this was his way of doing it. At desperate times during the night, when I would curl up and think about how I was soon going to have to leave this vacation from life, and continue my existence elsewhere, I would call for Edward in my head. But he never appeared nor answered.

To keep myself from succumbing to depression or any form of being too upset, I kept telling myself that I could not be tied down. No matter what Edward did or felt, I could still never be tied down. But even as I thought this over and over again, it never made it any easier.

It was soon time for me to go. It hurt to leave, but what hurt more was that Edward was now bringing Bella back over. Being cursed with my wolfish ears, I could hear them making out from anywhere on the Cullens’ property, and when I would leave, the thought would follow me to Canada and back.

And the Cullens weren’t idiots. They could tell the tension between us, and it just was never the same again. So it was time for me to go.

I stood by the door, the dress I had stopped wearing while I was there was now clean and back on, as if a reminder of the world I was leaving this euphoria to go to. The Cullens stood sadly, as I hugged each of them goodbye. Each of them except Edward, whose arm was around Bella and warned me away.

“Hopefully our paths will cross again,” I said, waving to the family as I turned to the wilderness, of which was calling me. It was time to go home.

In an instant, I was gone, and sprinting through the forest again. I smiled, thinking of all the places I could go again. I calculated in my mind if I would have enough time to get to Europe before the next full moon, and from there I could easily get to Romania to visit…

Something caught my arm as I was on my tenth mile from the Cullens house. I stopped, very disappointed that my reflexes had faded this much in such little time without practice…

Then my thoughts stopped. I could smell the vampire before I turned to see him.

“You can’t go to Europe. Or Romania, or visit anyone… yet,” he said silkily.

“Oh? And why is that?” I asked with a small smile.

“Because,” Edward said, turning me around and pulling me into a hug. “I haven’t gotten a hug or goodbye from you yet.”

I smiled. Well here’s your hug, I thought, burying my face into his chest, as his arms held me even closer. I pulled back.

“Goodbye, Edward Cullen. I’ll never forget you,” I said sadly, giving him the best smile I could come up with.

He smirked. “I know you won’t. But that wasn’t the goodbye that I was looking for.”

I barely had a moment to look up at him questioningly before his lips were on mine. There was no time for gentleness, and we both kissed each other like we would never (and we never would) see each other again. There was no way Edward had ever kissed Bella like this before, because there was no way a fragile human could hold up against our intensity.

All too soon, Edward pulled away. I could feel tears making their way down my face as I held his face in my hands.

“It really is too bad I must go,” I said sadly. “for I know that each being only has one chance to find their match- their one. And I know that that is you. But this really is goodbye, for good. For I will not be able to see you with Bella again, not after this.”

Edward smiled. “You are my soul mate, but I love you enough to let you go. I am just glad that I got to find you, if only for such a little amount of time. Goodbye, Accalia-Houri.”

I smiled. “Goodbye, Edward Cullen.” And then, I was gone, having disappeared into the background.
♠ ♠ ♠
So very sorry for not giving you a warning that the end was coming up... I kinda forgot >.< Haha anyways, thank you to all my readers, and I love you all!(: