‹ Prequel: No Turning Back
Sequel: Roots Beneath Ideals

Untitled

Break-ups

There was an annoying loud banging sound that was beginning to piss me off the next morning. Every time I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, it started again.
I finally opened my eyes to find out what the hell it was after about the thirtieth time the noise started.
Luckily the first thing I saw was Vic who was sleeping soundlessly.
I smile as I recalled last nights events, then that banging started again. Why isn't Mike trying to fix it before I do, he's the one down stairs.
I started searching for my cloths. 

Dammit, where's my shirt? For get it, just take Vic's. I swear I'm going to kill the person who caused me to wake up so early.

I marched down stairs ready to cuss some one out. More like Mike and whoever is at my door. Where's Mike anyway? Man whoever is at my Door is really irritating.
  
"I'm coming!" I swung the door open to find Cameron standing there.

Dammmmnnnnn whyyyyyy?????
  
"What are you doing here so early?"
  
"I thought I'd come over and make you breakfast, since I figured you'd be too hung over... Um isn't that Vic's shirt from last night?"

Shit!
  
"No. We have the same shirt, we bought it at the same time." I lied horribly. "So um, can you wait here, I'm going to shower and change really fast."
  
"Why can't I just come in and wait?" He asked trying to step in.
  
"Hon, please you know my mothers rule," I told Cameron, placing my hand on his chest stopping him.
  
"Right, I forgot. Well hurry up."
  
"Kay."

I closed the door slightly and darted up my steps back to my room.
  
"Vic wake up."
  
"Why," he whined.
  
"Cameron's here."
  
"What?!" Vic tried getting out of the bed, but failed epically, falling out if the bed instead. "Why is he here so early?"
  
"He wants to make me breakfast." I threw Vic his shirt and went to my draw, getting my own set if cloths.
  
"Why?"

Why do you ask so may questions?
  
"I don't know Vic, please just get dressed."

The guilt of last night was finally setting in.

He stopped mid putting his shirt on, "Why does it even matter. He might as well find out now."

I turned to look him squarely in the eyes, "Not until I'm ready. I'll tell him, but not now."
  
"Then when?"

Oh my god so many questions!!!
  
"Vic please not now."
  
"Your kidding right?"
  
"Does it look like I am? Look we'll talk about this later. Now what I need you to do is finish putting your cloths on and go home."

He did as I said. Before leaving, he placed a kiss on my forehead, "I'll be back and dont think we're not going to talk about this."

I sighed, "I know, now go."
  
"Keri are you done yet?" Cameron called from down stairs.
  
"Yeah give me two more seconds."

I made sure Vic dropped safetly before going downstairs myself. I let Cameron in.
  
"Hey."

He laughed, "Good morning to you too. What would you like to eat?"
  
"Anything is fine with me."

We walked over to my kitchen where Cameron started taking dishes out ready to prepare breakfast.
  
"So I thought Mike and Vic would be here, since they always seem to be here every morning."
Might as well let some of the truth out, "They were, they spent the night. When I woke up, try were gone."
  
"Oh. You know I've always wondered, where do they sleep when they come over?"
  
"Mike either sleeps on the couch or in the spare depending on wether he's drunk or not. Vic usually stays with me."

I guess I was too nonchalant about the whole Vic staying with me thing, since Cameron gave me a questioning look. "O-oh well he doesn't... Anymore... Since we started dating..."

Such a bad lie!
  
"Really?"

I sighed in defeat, "Well there were a few times... And last night."
  
"So then who's shirt were you wearing?"
  
"Vic's," I whispered.
  
"So, did you sleep with him." Cameron asked with boldness.

Why does he have to be so bold with the things he says. That isn't is his business, well yeah I guess since we're dating, but still.
 
 "Why are you asking that question for?"
  
"It's a reasonable question."
  
"God your so freaking bold, it actually pisses me off."

Cameron turned to me angry, "Okay and it pisses me off when you lie to me."
  
"When have I lied to you, for me to make you so mad?"
  
"Right now, Keri, right now!"
  
"What am I lying about?!"
  
"About sleeping with Vic."
  
"I didn't even answer you."
  
"Even worse. I saw Mike and Vic come over after I hung up with you. I thought I'd come over and hang out, but what do I get instead. My girlfriend singing some other guys name."
  
"Great, just great. Okay so since you want to do this. How about all the girls you slept with?"
  
"What the hell are you talking about? I've been faithful this entire time unlike someone in this room."
  
"Really because I could have sworn that I over heard you and your boys talking about how you banged Cara."

Cameron was at a loss of words so I continued.
  
"Yeah, I went there. Oh and there was also, Ashely, Donna, oh and Stacey, both of my best friends girlfriends." I stood from my seat and began pacing, "God and just to think you were changing, for me. For me! Why I even thought that I have abso-" I stood so I was right in front of Cameron's face, "Your jealous aren't you."

Cameron made a face of disgust, "Your kidding. Me, jealous of him? Haha man you're hilarious."
  
"Yes you are. You're jealous of Vic, because you know I rather sleep with him than you.I bet the only reason you stayed with me was because you thought I'd finally give in for some reason."
  
"Oh don't be ridiculous. You know, if I really wanted you, I would take you."
  
"So you'd pretty much take advantage of me?"
  
"No!"
  
"Then?"
  
"I'm very charismatic."
 
 "Oh my, I think he just used a words bigger than his ego, good job. Want a cookie?" I clapped my hands sarcastically.
  
"You're such a bitch."
  
"Tell me something I don't know."
  
"Your a lying, cheating, unforgiving slut."
  
"Right back at you sweetie." I said in the sweetest voice.

That guilty feeling that I had before was completely gone.

Cameron didn't reply after that so I took a seat, to which he followed.

He is such an ass I hate him!

Cam blew a breath of air, "I'm sorry."

I wanted him to admit what he was sorry about, "For what?" I crossed my arms.
 
 "I thought that I could change for you, I was doing such a good job for months then... I don't know, I screwed up. Big time. I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of the things I said. You had every right to do what you did. I'm really sorry, I thought I could get away with my crime, I should've known better."  Cameron reached across the table and took my hands, "I'm really really sorry, like I don't deserve you sorry. Can you forgive me?"

No I hate you with every living fiber in me.
  
"Yes, I'm sorry too."

Cameron's eyes went from sad to glowing, "Really?"
  
"Yes."
  
"Awesome." he got up and gave me hug. "So you remember what I said at the Matt's party?"

I laughed, "Do I ever, when I'm wasted?"
  
"You have a point. Okay about you and me..."

Me and him...? Oh shit hell no, not happening!
  
"Ohhh, right. What about that?"
  
"Well I was being serious, I wanted to wait till graduation, but I think now should do even better."

I laughed nervously this time, "Yeahhhh you're crazy and it's not happening. I mean I'm wayyy too young to even think about marrying anyone.  I like you Cam, a lot, but not to that extant."
  
"But the ring is really pretty."
  
"Don't try and bribe me Cameron. But seriously I can't, it wouldn't be fair to you."
  
"It's because of Vic, isn't it?"
  
"Yeah..." I averted my eyes from his.

Cameron sighed, "Figures. So what now? What about us?"
  
"I don't know, it still isn't fair to you, if I continue to see you and I'm in love with someone else." 

I still couldn't look at him.
  
"I understand. I'm not even ready to settle down yet, I don't know what I was thinking. I just thought if we stayed together, I would definitely change. Oh well, I still have a long ways to go."
  
"Yeah. You do. I'm really sorry though."

Cameron shrugged, "It's okay. So is it too much to ask for one last kiss?"

I gave him a look, "Your kidding right?"
  
"No."

I hesitated, "I guess... But only one."

And that's what he was supposed to get, but he didn't pull away and neither did I.
Things were getting a little to intense though, so thank you to whoever knocked at my door.
It was Mike and he looked pissed.
  
"I think it's time for me to go." Cameron said getting antsy.
  
"What about breakfast?"
  
"Another time. See you." Cam placed a kiss on my cheek then headed for the front door.

I opened the back door to let Mike in.
  
"Why do you look so mad?" I asked.
  
"Do you know that your boyfriend, slept with my girlfriend? I swear I don't know who to hit."

Damn, so much drama this early in the day.
  
"One, he's no longer my boyfriend, two lose the attitude and three, yes I know."

Mike was dumbstruck, "What, how is he no longer your boyfriend when I just saw you two groping each other?"

I rolled my eyes, "We weren't groping and I was giving him a last kiss or something. Whatever, we broke up, okay?"
  
"That doesn't explain how you know-"
  
"Look, I just found out at the party, Stacey was just as wasted as me and she confessed. If your here to bitch at me for something I didn't do, please leave I'm not in the mood." I turned away from Mike to clean the mess Cameron made.
  
"Oh, but you sure were in the mood last night when you were with Vic."

I didn't even have to look at Mike to tell he he had one of his cocky grins on.

I gave him the opposite reacting that I knew he wanted.

I shrugged and continued to clean, "What's it to you?"
 
 "I was expecting you to explode. Anyway since your being mean and not doing what I wanted you to, what ever happen to "we'll never happen.?"" he tried mimicking my voice, failing terribly.
  
"I changed my mind."
  
"God you two are such headaches." Mike took a seat, still wearing that damn smile, "So how was taking my brothers virginity?"
  
"None of your business."
  
"Oh, but I think it is, since he's my brother and because you two fucked right on top of me."

I seriously couldn't help but to laugh, "It wasn't on top of you, it was on top of my bed."

I saw Mike shake his head from the corner of my eye, "I wonder what the guys would think if they knew, matter of fact what our parents and school knew."

I grabbed the closet sharp object I could find and had it at Mike's throat, "Do you see this pretty shiny thing in my hand?"

Mike swallowed hard and nodded.
 
 "Okay, if this gets out to anyone, and I mean anyone. This pretty shiny object is going to have your blood all over it. Understood?"

He nodded, but I wanted to hear his answer so I pressed the dull part of the knife closer.
  
"What was that?"
  
"Y-yes Ker Bear."
  
"Hey, Keri is Mike here?" Vic called from the front door.

I quickly moved from Mike, "Yeah, he's here."

Vic walked into the kitchen and froze, "Uh, is everything okay? I can feel Keri's aura and it's scary. Where's Cameron?"
  
"He left before I could kill him," Mike said.
  
"Not even," I said.
  
"Oh, so what happened to breakfast?"

Let's make my day interesting, "So I broke up with Cameron."

Vic acted like he was oblivious, "Oh how come?"

Don't even act like your not happy as hell.
  
"Oh, don't act like you two didn't screw last night."

I turned to hide my smile.
  
"I don't know what your taking about. Keri and I slept throughout the night."

I bit my lip to stop from laughing hysterically.
  
"Right, with no cloths on, cause I heard that's the new way to sleep at night."
  
"Vic stop playing dumb, there's no point in hiding anything from him."
  
"Yeah and damn Keri was loud. I'm pretty sure  she woke the whole neighborhood. How'd it go again-."

"Mike, don't mock me." I turned back to the guys to see Vic blushing.

Mike and I laughed our asses off.
  
"I couldn't help it. You would have thought he was experienced."
  
"It's from all the blow up dolls with your face plastered on them. But now he's truly experienced thanks to you. But be warned he'll come running back for more, keep him on a leech."

We continued laughing as we teased Vic, who was still blushing hardcore. He looked like he was getting mad though.

I went over to him, giving him a big hug, "Aw Vic you know we're only messing with you. Don't get mad."
  
"No," Vic said trying to push me away, but I wouldn't budge. "Stop laughing, it's not funny. How can you laugh about this?"
  
"Bro come on, we always kid like this."
  
"This is different though."
  
"Vic be happy, I broke up with Cameron, because I know I belong with you. If your going to act like this, I'll just take him back."
  
"You better not-."
  
"You never asked, and I never said yes." I sang annoying him.
  
"Really?"

I smiled, "Really."
  
"Wow, of course. You would be doing your whole reverse psychology shit."
  
"Hey, not nice." I pouted playfully.

Mike got up from his seat, "I feel like there's going to be a smack down and as much as I would love to see it, I have my own business to attend to."
 
 "Byeeee."

Mike walked out the back door and I was left with a glaring Vic.
  
"Vic come on, fix your face."
  
"No, why would you-."
  
"I was only messing around, your taking things way too serious. Does it even matter, once the band gets signed you'll become Victor Vincent Fuentes, big time rocker and sex icon." I still continued to tease as I jumped on my counter.
  
"Really, sex icon?"

I shrugged, "Sure, why not? Trust me Vic, give it a few years, girls will be doing some serious drooling all over you."

Vic placed his hands on both sides of my head and began shaking me, "I don't understand what's wrong with you. Maybe if I blend things together up here you won't be so dumb."
  
"Stop it," I whined. "Your making me dizzy."
  
"Take it back."
  
"No."
  
"Stop being stubborn."
  
"Stop shaking my head Vic, you're really making me dizzy."
  
"Fine." he dropped his hands.

I held my head for dear life. I've never been so dizzy in my life!
  
"Are you-."

I put a hand up to stop Vic from talking, "Shut up for about five minutes."

Oh my god even with my eyes closed, my world was still spinning.
When I finally opened my eyes, Vic's face was only centimeters from mine, causing me to jump.

Jesus!
  
"Sorry, are you okay now?"

I wanted so badly to smack him around till no end, but that would take up too much of my valuable energy. 
  
"I'm hungry. Feed me and I'll be fine."
Vic smiled, "Mom made omelets. But I can give you something better."
  
"A ham, egg and cheese sandwich on maple wheat bread with bacon and hot chocolate. With extra whip cream!"

Vic rolled his eyes mouthing wow. "Anyway, no. I mean I could do that, but I don't feel like it."

I folded my arms, upset. "Then what?"
  
"Well, there's this," Vic places kisses on both of my hands. "This," another on my neck. "And this," lastly on my lips where he lingered longer, sliding his hands up to my waist, pulling me closer.

Dammit. Think Keri think. You can't lose your thoughts while kissing him. You have to be able to stop things when needed.

I pulled back out of air, along with trying to get my thinking straight.
  
"Wow, I'm really going to have to get used to this. But I see where your going with this and Mike was right."
  
"Do you really care what Mike thinks?"
  
"Sometimes, it depends on the situation.""
  
"Does this one count?"
  
"Hmmm yeah." I jumped off the counter, "I'm seriously hungry, and your not helping."
  
"Fine, I'll treat you to Denny's."

I patted Vic on the head, "Good boy that's more like it."
♫♪♫♪
Vic and I made it to Denny's in almost record time and were seated immediately. And I got what I requested and the food came fast. Today was my day.
  
"I really wish you could be a salad type girl every now and then," Vic said while taking a sip of his tea.

I made a noise of disgust, "I rather not be a friggin twig with no ass. Almost like Cara."
  
"Her chest makes up for it though."

I stared Vic down.
  
"Oh, come on. You can't get mad about that. I used to look at her that way. Now your the only girl I have eyes for."

I tried my hardest to hide my blushing by rolling my eye.
  
"I know I got you blushing and it's cute. Hey your done with your food."

I looked at my plate and all my food was gone. 

I frowned.

[i/]I'm still hungry.
  
"Let me guess, your still hungry."

I put on my best puppy dog face, "Please?"

Vic looked into his wallet and sighed, "Fine."
  
"Yes! Hey Dave!" I called to our waiter.

The guys and I knew the entire staff since we're here so often.
But Dave was my favorite, he was a sophomore at UCLA. So we often talked about the school with one another, plus he's hot.
  
"Ready for the check?"
  
"Pfft, no. Put in an order for an omelet with bacon, onions, sausage, and tomatoes with another cup of hot chocolate, please?"
  
"Extra whip cream?"
  
"Yes sir."

Dave picked up our empty plates. "I just don't understand why, you two aren't dating. I mean Keri, Vic treats you like a princess. I just don't understand. You both are crazy if you don't start dating soon, and Vic if you do get Keri, don't fuck it up. I'll be back with your food."

Dave's right. I never knew until he mentioned it. Vic does treat me like a princess.

I smiled, "I have something great and I never even knew it."

I leaned over the table and gave Vic a kiss. 
  
"Well I'm happy you know now. Come, sit next to me."

I moved next to Vic and he wrapped his arm around my my shoulder.
  
"You know, I absolutely adore you. I could just pinch your cheeks."
  
"You do it anyway."
  
"I know, but your just sooo cute." I started kissing his cheek repeatedly.
  
"Stop, your embarrassing." He laughed. 
  
"Oh well." I continued.
  
"The elders don't seem to be liking it."
  
"Old people enjoy and envy young love."

Vic put his hand up by his cheek, "What if I started attacking you with kisses?"
  
"Try me."

Vic stared at me with intense eyes then shifted, "I would, but I'm afraid of your counterattack."
  
"Why would I counterattack?"
 
 "Really?"

I huffed, "Okay fine. Let's do this. I'm going to try my hardest, not to attack you anymore. I'll try not to punch you in the face when you piss me off. Okay?"
  
"Fine, but I know you can't guarnette  that."
  
"Why not?"
  
"How many times have you promised that?"
I rolled my eyes, "I never promised. I always said try, not promise."
  
"You and your reverse logic."

I shrugged, "But I definitely can't promise anything when we wrestle."

Vic moved so his lips were next my ear, "And now that were together I can't promise that your clothing will stay on either."

Oh boy, here we go.
  
"Oh really?"
  
"Yup."
  
"I guess we'll have to test your theory out someday, but not today. My foods here."

Dave walked up, right in cue, "For the lady."

I got really excited as Dave set the plate in front of me. 
  
"Thanks Dave your the best."
  
"I know. Is there anything else you guys need?"
  
"No the check will be all." Vic said.

Dave gave, Vic and I a knowing smile.
  
"What?" Vic and I both asked.
  
"I saw you two. Bad, shame on you. Your both seeing other people and your messing around with each other."

I laughed, "No, I'm no longer seeing Cameron. But Vic's still..."

How could I forget. Vic didn't even end things with Cara yet.
  
"Oh right, I totally forgot to ask you. Have you talked to her at all since last night?"
I gave him a look.
  
"Right of course. But uh when I left your house I went to go end things and no one was there.
The house was empty."
  
"As in... It's vacant?" Dave asked.
  
"Yeah."
  
"Wait, Cara, just suddenly moved?"
  
"Yeah."

Dave an I both shrugged.
  
"Less competition for you."
  
"I know, right."
  
"Well congrats. I'll be back with your check."

After Dave left I dug into my food.
  
"Now can you explain to me once more, how you eat so much and never gain anything?" Vic asked.

I swallowed before I spoke. "First, I have a high metabolism, second it all goes to my butt, and last from all of the fighting me and you do."
  
"Oh, okay."

I giggled and continued to eat. I was in food heaven. I wish everyday could be like this.
  
"Hey can I get a bite of that?" Stacey asked sliding into our booth along with Sam. "You two look super comfortable this morning."

And there went my amazing morning.
  
"Stacey, Vic and I are always like this. There's nothing different."
  
"But shouldn't you not be like that while your dating my cousin?" Sam asked.

I simply shrugged.
  
"Um, I need to use the bathroom."

I moved so he could get out, "Hurry back. I'm almost ready to go."
  
"Sure."

I went back to eat the last few bites of the omelet an took a sip of my hot chocolate.
  
"Sam, I hate to bug you, but do you mind leaving Stacey and I for a bit?"
  
"Uh, sure. I'll meet you at the table."
  
"Thanks." I took another sip before I continued. "So when did you plan on telling me?"
  
"Listen Keri I was wasted and I-."
  
"Don't give two shits. If you had told me beforehand, I probably wouldn't have been so pissed at you. You know how Cameron is and you knew exactly what you were doing. But also it's the fact that your messing with my best friends heart too. Did you even tell Mike yet?"

Stacey held her head high, but I knew she wanted to hang it down.
  
"No, I haven't told him and like I said I was-."
  
"Your just a whore."

Dave came over with the check, "Here ya go. Let me know when your ready. Hey Stacey."
  
"Here you can just take this now," I pulled my card out and handed it to him.

After Dave left Stacey continued, "You have no right to call me that."
  
"Really, because I think I do. You better tell Mike soon. He already knows and if he announces it to the whole school tomorrow-which he plans on doing- I suggest you talk to him now and beg for his forgiveness."
  
"Why are you acting like this, your supposed to  be my friend."

I made a noise of disgust, "I don't recall ever saying anything like that. Even if we were I forgot as soon as I found out what you did. You screwed me and Mike. And just to think I thought you were better than those other girls he's ever dated. Well you just proved that wrong."
  
"But, I am better. I love Mike." Stacey said now crying.
  
"If you really loved him, you wouldn't have slept with Cameron. It wasn't a mistake, you even said so last night."

Vic came back from the bathroom interrupting our conversation, "Did the check come yet?"
So after Dave walked back over, "Just sign and your good to go."

I signed the check, "If I were you, I would beg on my hands and knees for Mikes forgiveness. I feel no sympathy for you and I hope karma comes to bite you in the ass." I slid out of the booth taking Vic's hand, "Let's go."

I stormed out of the restaurant leaving Stacey crying and Vic totally clue less of the situation.
I may have over played the big sister role, but Mike really is dear to me. If anyone is messing with him, they're also picking a fight with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man I thought Monday would never come! Here's the next chapter, I hope everyone enjoy's. Remember, comments and subscribes are much appreciated, let me know what you think so far. <3