Status: Thank you. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writting it :)

I Dare Not Ask Who's Been Helping You Fall Asleep

A Quick Fix To A Broken Heart

With the news that things between Jasey and her boyfriend were going south. Alex found a dire need to console her and for some reason I found it even more crucial to help him just so that I wouldn't lose him...

“So what did your mom say when we left?” Alex asked on Monday at lunch.

I shrugged, “Nothing special.”

“Are you sure? She looked pissed.”

I picked up the sandwich I was supposed to be eating and sniffed it. I put it back down and looked at Alex.

“Well, when I tried to explain to her that nothing was going on between us she ignored everything I said. It ended with her on her knees, crying things like, ‘where did I go wrong,’ ‘what happened to my little girl’ blah blah blah. I think she’s taking me to some clinic to get tested this weekend.” I tried my best to make it sound like I didn't care.

I reached over and stole some of Alex’s fries.

“Oh, she also said that if you ever step foot in her house she’ll rip your balls off.”

“Wonderful.” Alex grimaced.

“What did your mom say about Jack and Lisa?”

“Don’t touch me!”

We looked over and saw Jasey and her boyfriend arguing.

The cafeteria grew silent and soon everyone was watching the battle going down between Jasey and her boyfriend.

Jasey pushed him away once more.

“What’s the matter, babe. I thought you liked when I touched—“

He was about to grab her hand when she slapped it away.

“Why don’t you hold little miss skank bitch’s hand instead?” Jasey glared at Mary Jane who was sitting across from them. “Since you have sex with her all the time behind my back!”

All the people eavesdropping gasped.

Jasey’s boyfriend only shrugged, “Whatever I was going to break up with you soon anyways.”

“You were?” Jasey’s face fell and it looked like he had just crushed her like a bug beneath his feet.

He leaned over and whispered something that we couldn’t hear, but whatever he said made her burst out crying, and she ran out of the room.

“Wow, that was dramatic. I wonder what he said to her.” I said once everything went back to normal.

I turned to see how Alex was taking it. Would he be happy that Jasey was finally available? However, he looked just as bad if not worse than how Jasey looked.

“Alex? Are you okay?”

He blinked slowly, but his eyes were blank. “Did you see how hurt she was?”

I looked at Jack unsure of what to say to Alex.

Suddenly, Alex snapped out of whatever trance he was in. “Do you guys think I should talk to her?”

“Um… I don’t know. Maybe you should wait until she cools down a bit. You don’t want her to accuse you of making her go on a rebound. I mean she just broke up with her boyfriend, who was cheating on her. Usually when a girl rebounds the relationship doesn’t last long. It’s just to help her get over the heart break, you know a quick fix to her broken heart.”

And I didn’t want Alex to be used like that.

“That sounds like another lesson.” Jack said after awhile.

“What are you guys talking about?” Lisa asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing.” I said quickly, but Jack disagreed.

“Jasmine’s been helping us with girls.” Jack said simply, like it was a normal everyday thing.

“Has she really?” Lisa said quietly to her self as she looked off into the distance.

I had no idea what she was thinking but I didn’t know if I wanted to.

“So what time should we come over?” Jack asked hopefully.

“Hold the phone, who said I was even going to do this anymore?”

Finally, Alex said, “You promised that you would help me get Jasey.” He reminded me.

I inhaled deeply.

Why was I doing this again?

Oh right, it was because of that cute guy in front of me.

After what felt like forever, I exhaled. “Fine we can meet tonight, but not at my house. Alex is banned.”

“We can go to my house.”

The three of us looked up at Lisa.

Who said she was invited? I thought bitterly, but instead of speaking out like I usually did, I bit my tongue.

Alex smiled, “Lisa’s house tonight at seven. Everyone agree?”

They looked at me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Whatever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short and fillerish. I'm terribly sorry. It should pick up again soon.