‹ Prequel: Rise Above This
Sequel: Please Me

Always Yours

One of One

Zacky walked down the stairs of his home he shared with his girlfriend Gena. He wanted to tell her he was going out with his friends for the night. He heard her in the kitchen and something made him stop just outside of the door that led to the kitchen. He heard a name that he thought would never hear again.

“He can’t know Whitney is back,” Gena said harshly. “He’s just getting over her and I’m not letting her near him.”

The world stood still at the mention of her name. It had been three years since he last saw Whitney, and it still hurt to think about her. It wasn’t that things ended in bad terms, it’s that things never started. Before he could explain his feelings for her, she moved back to her hometown in Kentucky and last he heard, she had a boyfriend and she was happy.

It killed him to know she had moved on, but he figured he should too. It’s why he went back to Gena. The thought of seeing Whitney again excited and terrified him at the same time. Many questions came to mind too. Why was she back? What happened?

Then he quickly remembered something. Whitney’s best friend, Jena, was marrying Matt in just two weeks. The wedding was happening fast, but Jena and Matt were made for each other.

Zacky walked away from the kitchen door. He was going to meet his friends anyway. He didn’t want Gena to know that he knew about Whitney’s return. It would only cause problems and he had to do some thinking and know some answers.

The bar was full, like always and his friends already had a table for them. Matt was there and he had a shit eating grin. The other guys were there and he sat down next to Brian.

“Hey, Gena loosened the leash?” Johnny snickered.

Zacky stomped on his foot from under the table and then turned to Matt.

“Why didn’t you tell me Whitney was back?” he asked, nearly snarled.

Matt’s face went pale. “Um, I-I didn’t know.”

“Fucking liar, Jena tells you everything. Why didn’t you fucking tell me?”

“It was a last minute thing,” Matt defended himself. “She didn’t think she was coming, but then she called a day ago and now she’s here.”

“She’s at your place?” Zacky asked.

“Yeah—whoa, you don’t plan to do something, right?” Matt frowned.

“I need to see her,” Zacky stood up but Matt grabbed his arm.

“She had a nasty break up with her old boyfriend.”

“What did he do to her?” Zacky was ready to kick ass.

“He didn’t hit her. They just fought a lot. I don’t know about what, look give her some time to adjust and then you’ll see her. We’re having that rehearsal dinner, remember?”

Zacky reluctantly sat back down knowing Matt was right, but he was so eager to see her again. His heart felt like it was going to go into cardiac arrest if he didn’t.

-o-

Whitney had her most comfortable pajamas on and had a tub of ice cream with her. Her best friends were around her as they watched Mob Wives on VH1 together. She almost forgot how incredible it was to be surrounded by her best friends. Jena’s wedding couldn’t have come at a better time. Her relationship of two years ended and she didn’t want to stay at her hometown.

She had gone back to take care of her mom because no one in her family could look after her. Whitney was the only who could do it. Her mother was nursed back to health, and yet she stayed because she thought she had found someone who could make her forget Zacky, but it didn’t work out.

Zacky was always in the back of her mind and her boyfriend had enough. Her boyfriend always suspected there was someone else. He always argued it and she always denied it, but she was lying to herself.

She sighed deeply and frowned down at her ice cream. She found out Zacky was with Gena and it killed her. She didn’t like to admit that she hated Gena, the gold digger.

“What is that big sigh about?” Jena asked.

“Zacky’s on her mind,” Kayla said with a small smirk.

“Aw, what’s wrong, Whit?” Kari asked as she took the control and pressed ‘mute’.

“Nothing’s wrong,” Whitney mumbled.

“ERRR! We can always tell when there’s something wrong,” Jena said.

“I think it’s why we’re best friends,” Kayla added.

Whitney chuckled and looked at her friends. She was truly lucky to have them.

“I’m nervous,” she confessed. “I’m nervous about seeing Zacky. And about seeing with Gena.”

“Ew,” Kari scrunched her nose. “Her name is forbidden. We call her ‘witch’.”

Whitney laughed. “You guys are too much.”

“We all know he went back with her because he thought you had moved on,” Jena said.

“Which obviously you didn’t from what you told us,” Kayla chimed in.

“Now is your chance to get him back!” Kari said happily. “I bet he’ll dump Gena once he knows you’re back.”

“Does he know?” she asked looking at her friends.

“I’m sure he knows by now since he’s out with the boys,” Jena muttered. “I should text Matt and find out.”

“No, no, it’s okay. I don’t want to bother their bromance,” Whitney joked and it made the girls laugh.

-o-

Whitney waited for Jena and Matt to be ready. If she knew them well, and she did, then she knew they were probably doing a quickie. She got her answer when Jena walked down the stairs trying to act casual when her hair was a mess. Matt was behind her with his shirt outside of his pants.

She just shook her head. “What took you guys?”

“Matt couldn’t… uh… find his tie,” Jena laughed nervously.

“And I guess he found it under your dress,” Whitney smirked and laughed. “We’re going to be late and you two are the hosts. By the way, you should fix your hair, Jena and put your shirt inside your pants, Matt.”

The couple hastily fixed themselves.

The restaurant the rehearsal dinner was going to take place belonged to Kari’s parents, so she made sure it was just going to be their friends and family. When Jena, Matt and Whitney arrived, there were cars already in the parking lot, but not too much.

Inside, Kari was making sure the decorations were perfect and Kayla was making sure the food was ready to be served once the guests arrived.

Whitney’s eyes wondered around the room and like magnets, she was drawn to a pair of emerald eyes. Her body froze and her world stood still. Her breath was hitched and her body recalled their entire love making. That same look he was giving her at the moment was the look he gave her when he was determined to have her.

She and Zacky had a sexual relationship. It had begun like friends with benefit that grew to something more, but she didn’t know if he felt the same way. The news of her mother had given her the excuse to take some time off and when he didn’t stop her, he assumed he didn’t care for her the way she cared for him. Now, she wasn’t so sure if that had been the case.

It took all of her strength to look away from Zacky. Her face was hot and her body was too. For the next few hours she avoided him. She would walk around seeing old friends and talking to them, but she stayed away from Zacky.

She didn’t see Gena anywhere, so she assumed they had broken up.

“Why are you avoiding Zacky?” Jena walked up to Whitney.

“I’m not avoiding him,” she played dumb. “He’s here?”

Jena rolled her eyes. “You’re just getting him more excited. Oh, look, who it is.”

Before Whitney could turn around she felt a presence behind her and her body came alive as a pair of hands went to her hips to hold her still. Zacky’s hot breath met the back of her neck and she nearly lost it. She shouldn’t have worn her hair up and exposed to the back of her neck, it was her ultimate weak spot.

“You say hi to everyone but me?” he genuinely sounded hurt and it made her feel like shit.

“It—I---um—“she couldn’t think of a legit excuse. He turned her around and the proximity of him was fogging her mind.

He smirked like he knew something she didn’t. “I still make you nervous?”

She narrowed her eyes. “A little bit, yes.”

“How does it feel to be back?” he asked and looked at her like she was the only one in the room.

She licked her lips and she saw the moment his eyes had noticed it. “It feels good. I missed my friends.”

“Did you miss me?” he asked and his eyes were blazed with something.

She didn’t hesitate and didn’t lie. “I did.”

“I did too.”

“Why didn’t you stop me when I left?”

“Your mom was sick. I couldn’t tell you not to go,” he said seriously. “I’m not that selfish.”

She chewed the inside of her cheek and twisted her lips to the side in thought.

“I want to show you how much I missed you,” he said as he got close enough to whisper in her ear. “How much my body missed you too.”

His words made her putty in his hands. She nodded slowly, not even sure if she actually made the movement.

It wasn’t long before they locked the bathroom of the restaurant and used it as a secret place of their reunion. Zacky was too desperate to wait and he lifted her dress until it was a bundle around her waist. Whitney didn’t mind his desperation and rushed kisses. She was just as desperate as he was.

In a swift movement, he was inside of her and they both gave sighs if relief. The hole in the middle of their hearts was filled. He stayed inside her for a second cherishing how good if felt to be surrounded by her. How amazing her kisses tasted and how arousing her shallow breathing was when he was inside her.

He started to move, no longer able to contain himself. He started slowly, and then he went at his usual pace, fast and hard. He was repossessing her. Every part of her would be his again. He was so glad he broke up with Gena the night he found out Whitney was back. He didn’t want any complications. Whitney was the one for him. No one else made him feel like what she made him feel. He couldn’t put words on it.

He could just feel it and know it was right.

She clutched his shoulders and he knew she was close. He captured her lips for a more sensual kiss. He showed her that he felt more than a physical attraction to him. That his heart ached every day she was gone.

“I’ll always be yours,” he said through the kiss.

“I have always been yours,” she said right before she became apart at the seams. Zacky captured her cry. He didn’t want to be interrupted.

He grinned and then turned her around and bent her over the sink. He smirked at her through the reflection of the mirror and entered her from behind. It would be a while before they would come out.

-o-

Whitney and Zacky exited the bathroom discreetly with grins on their faces and hand in hand. They were about to join the others when a blonde came in their way.

Gena sniffed and her eyes widened. “You guys were fucking?”

“Please don’t cause a scene in my best friend’s rehearsal dinner,” Whitney stepped up with a dangerous look in her eyes. “If you want to talk about this, let’s go somewhere else.”

“You’re a fucking slut,” Gena hissed lowly.

“You’re just jealous because I stole your boyfriend,” Whitney smirked.

“I knew you were going to do this,” she spat.

“Just shut the fuck up and leave, Gena,” Zacky spoke up. “I’m not getting back with you, ever again.”

As they walked past her, Gena grabbed Whitney’s arm and it pissed Whitney off. She took the hand Gena had on her and twisted it back. Gena cried out in pain.

“Do not lay a hand on me. It’s not my fault you can’t keep your boyfriend.”

Whitney released Gena and Zacky chuckled and pecked her cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it, Whitney. This was fun to write :)