Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

So Naïve

As I trailed behind the guys’ car I got the need to ask the questions that were rattling in my mind.
“So Mary, is Kenny the guy you spent the night that you never came home with?”
“…. Yes.” She replied quietly. “I thought I’d never see him again, so it kind of shocked me when I did.”
“Are you glad you saw him again?” Lauren asked.
“Normally, I wouldn’t want to see past one-night stands, but Kenny’s different… I think I kind of like him.” Mary blushed.
“My sister actually has feelings about a guy deeper then sexual attraction?!” I gasped.
“Oh shut up!” She growled and I laughed.
“Are you two gonna sneak off and hook up tonight?” I sighed.
“Anything could happen.” She shrugged.
“That’s not the best start to a relationship, don’t you think?” Lauren scolded.
“Just because I like him doesn’t mean I want a relationship.” She pointed out.
I sighed. “You need a steady guy. To keep you grounded. But anyway, what about you Lauren, did you like any of the guys?”
“Well. John is smokin’ hot. But it obvious he has the hots for you. So I’ll take Garrett, he’s a cutie too.” Lauren smirked.
“What are you talking about? John does not have the hots for me.” I retorted.
Mary scoffed. “Even I saw that. He was staring at you all night and talked to you every second he got.”
“He was being nice and making small talk. That’s what people do.” I explained.
“You are SO naïve!” Mary exclaimed. “You need to jump on that hot man before he finds out you’re a prude and losses interest.”
“I am not a prude! I’m sorry if I’m not as loose as you are. And I will not be jumping on anyone.” I said starting to get mad.
Mary shrugged. “Alright, I guess he’s yours Lauren.”
“Nah, I’ll stick with Garrett. Jamie will come around and realize she wants John.” Lauren giggled.
“Oh shut up you two.” I growled and turned on the radio to tune them out. They got the picture and talked quietly to each other in the back seat for the rest of the trip.
Because none of us were paying attention, we didn’t realize that the apartment complex that we followed the guys into was our own.
“Uh guys.” I said as I slowly followed the car in front of us to their building. “They live in the same apartments as us.”
Both girls looked out the window. “Whoa.” They both said.
“But this isn’t where Kenny brought me home the other night…” Mary said.
“Well, I guess we’ll figure this all out now.” I said as the guys parked and I slid into the spot next to them. I looked at the building number. It was only two away from ours. I got out and looked at the guys who were getting out of their car too.
“You guys live here?” I asked.
“Yeah, why?” John asked discouraged.
“Because we live two buildings that way.” I pointed to our building.
“Small world I guess.” John smiled. “Do you guys still want to come in?”
I looked at the girls and they both nodded. “Alright.” I shrugged.
“Great.” He grinned. “Come on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]
And I don't think you guys realize how happy it makes me when you say you like my story or something like that. I get the biggest smile. So thanks for that. :3