Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Sisters

We walked into the apartment without knocking and found Garrett, John and Jared all on the couch. I went over and hit each of them in the arm and then sat down on the couch next to Garrett.
“What was that for?” John exclaimed holding his arm.
“For not telling me you guys were leaving me for three months.” I stated. They all looked at me, then Pat, then back at me.
“Sorry. Pat made us promise.” Jared pouted.
“I know, I know. Just, no more secrets. All of you.” I looked at each of them and they nodded.
“We’re gonna miss you, you know.” Garrett said, putting his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer.
“Not as much as you’re gonna miss Lauren.” I smirked and poked him in the stomach. “Have you told you’re love bird yet?”
“We are not love birds.” He said and everyone scoffed. “We’re not! But no, I have not told her.”
“What is it with you boys a waiting to tell us. You better tell her soon, like today soon. You’re leaving in five days.” I pointed out.
“I will, I will.” He shrugged it off, but his eyes held a sad expression.
“It’ll be alright Gar.” I said as I pat his arm comfortingly. He nodded.
“So. Now what am I supposed to do for three months?” I asked them
“Well. What were your plans before you met us?” John asked.
“I didn’t have any.” I admitted. “I was just gonna try to get a job and go from there.”
“Well, then you should start looking for a job.” Jared suggested. I nodded.
“Yeah, my money is starting to run low anyway. I only had enough savings to last me two months here.” I said. The door to the apartment opened and Kenny and Mary came in. They were holding hands, which was a new development in their relationship. Mary’s eyes were slightly pink, so I knew she had been crying, which convinced me Kenny had told her.
“Hey guys.” I said with a small smile. They both greeted me and Mary came over and sat next to me on the couch. “I think I’m gonna head home. Do you wanna come?” I asked Mary. I just wanted to be able to talk to her. She nodded and we said our good-byes to the guys and left. I waited until we got back to our apartment until I talked to her.
“Are you okay Mary?” I sat on the couch and motioned her to sit with me. She sat and nodded lightly.
“I think I will be. It’s still soaking in. When did you find out?” She asked.
“Pat told me today.” I said.
“Well are you okay? This is probably even harder for you.” She said.
“I’m alright. I’m not happy about it, but I’ll handle it.” I told her.
“You know, I told Kenny that if he wanted out of whatever we were becoming, that I’d understand.” She told me.
“And?” I asked.
“He said that he didn’t want out, that he wanted to make it serious. That if he had to leave me, he rather leave me knowing I would still be his when he came back.” She smiled lightly.
“So you guys are together?” I asked. She nodded and I hugged her. “I’m so happy for you. And I’m proud of you, that you didn’t run away from this guy, that you opened up.”
“I’m gonna miss him.” She said, as we pulled apart.
“I’m going to miss all of them. But we’ll get through it, we have each other.” I smiled at her. She nodded and smiled back.
We spent the rest of the day hanging out together, something we hadn’t done much of lately, but something we’d be doing a lot of once the boys left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]
And thanks for the comments, you guys don't understand how happy they make me. They make me want to write and post more, so you guys benefit too!