Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Packing

The next morning, everyone arrived early. We hung out in the living room until we heard the POD arrive. Everyone started to head down to the parking lot to check it out, but I held John back. Once everyone had exited the apartment, I spoke.
“Thank you for the book.” I told him.
“You're welcome.” He said, looking down at his feet.
“I forgive you John, you can stop moping.” I chuckled.
“Really!” His head shot up, grinning like a little kid. I just laughed.
“Yes. Just don’t go through my things ever again.” I said shoving his shoulder.
“Promise! Never again.” He assured me.
“Good.” I smiled. “Now let’s catch up with everyone.” I said and we left the apartment, jogging to catch up with the group.
We got down to the parking lot and filled out the paperwork for the POD and told them where to park it. We set it up for them to pick it up at 1, since that was the latest appointment they had available. Once everything was set, I turned to the group.
“Alright. We only have a couple of hours to get that whole apartment into this box. Furniture first, then boxes. Let’s do this thing!” I exclaimed and with that we all charged up the stairs and started working. It was almost noon, and we were about done, with just my room left. John and I were walking up the stairs after having carried a table down together.
“Is it just me, or have you not seen Garrett or Lauren around in a while?” I asked him as we reached my floor.
“Yeah, the last time I saw them was about an hour ago. Maybe we just haven’t crossed paths.” He said. I shrugged and we entered the apartment, heading down the hall to my room. I opened the door only to find Lauren and Garrett making out heavily on my bed.
“Really guys? My bed? You had to pick my bed.” I groaned. I must have startled them since they jumped apart like I had just thrown a bucket of water on them. “Don’t bother packing it, I’ll just have to burn it now.” I sighed and grabbed my desk chair and headed out of the room to load it. John caught up to me on the stairs, my nightstand in his hands.
“Well, that was unexpected.” He said.
“No. Not really. We all knew it’d happen eventually, I just wish it wasn’t on my bed.” I said.
“You know Jamie, you’re now the only one that’s not with one of us.” He commented suggestively.
“And I’m completely alright with that.” I smirked at him, causing a tinge of disappointment to cross on his face, but he recovered.
“We’ll see about that.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Comment!
I'll post chapter 30 tonight to celebrate 4th of July!