Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Statistics

It was about 4 by the time we arrived back to the bus. Pat and Garrett were sitting on one of the couches when we entered. I flopped down on the other couch and John did the same.
“Hey guys.” I smiled at them.
“Hey. Where have you two been?” Pat asked.
“We went and got food.” I answered.
“Oh, thanks for the invite.” Garrett said kidding.
“Welcome.” I smiled. “What did you guys do today?” I asked.
“Walked around and met fans. And played Xbox.” Garrett said.
“Sounds fun. I kind of feel like walking around too. Have either of you seen Mary?” I asked getting up. They shook their heads. I said good-bye to the guys and headed off the bus. I began to walk away from the busses towards the stages and pulled out my cell and called Mary.
“Hello?” She answered.
“Hey Mary, where are you?” I asked.
“The guy’s tent, why?” She inquired.
“I need to talk to you. I’ll be right over.” I told her and hung up. I made my way over to their tent and found her. There were a lot of people around so I pulled her away to a quiet area.
“So, what’s up?” She asked.
“I have a problem.” I said.
“What’s wrong?” She asked.
“I like John.” I told her.
“…And that’s a problem because…?” She asked.
“Because it’s not plausible. Think in term of statistics. When three girls meet five guys, the chances of one relationship forming is good. That’s you and Kenny. The chances of two relationships forming are slim, but could still happen. That would be Garrett and Lauren. The chances of all three girls finding a relationship in one of the five guys is just… it just doesn’t happen!” I said.
“Jamie stop. Look, I know you’re smart and rational and overanalyze everything, but life is not a statistic. You can’t be afraid to start a relationship with someone because statistically it’s not likely to work out. Sometimes you just have to take a chance.” She said. I held my head and closed my eyes.
“You’re right. I know you’re right. I’m just scared.” I admitted, opening my eyes.
“It’s okay to be scared. But you can’t let that stop you.” She said, putting a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. I nodded and hugged her.
“Thanks Mary.” I said
“You’re welcome sis.” She smiled. We said our good-byes and I headed back to the bus. The couch area was empty but I saw John riffling through his bunk.
“John?” I called, moving towards him.
“Yeah?” He asked, stopping what he was doing and standing up straight, smiling when he saw it was me. “Oh, hey Jamie.”
“You were wrong.” I told him. He looked at me curiously.
“Wrong about what?” He asked.
“That night by the lake, you said that you had probably ruined a chance at a relationship with me, but you were wrong.” I told him.
“So what are you saying…” He asked tentatively, hope filling his features. I didn’t respond. I just step closer to him, grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling his lips down to meet mine. He froze for a moment; from shock I’m guessing, but then relaxed and kissed me back. His hands found my waist and pulled me in closer. I released his shirt and wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were so sweet, like they were coated in sugar, and it made me want more. But after a few moments, I pulled back, smiling as I bit my lip.
“Well said.” He chuckled and I giggled, grinning up at him. “Still rather kiss a dog?” He joked, raising an eyebrow playfully.
“Oh shut up.” I rolled my eyes and swatted him in the arm. He just laughed and pulled me back into him, hugging me close and kissing the top on my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww :3
HeHe
Enjoy & Comment!