Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Roses

Almost two weeks later, I was sitting on the couch with my laptop, checking my emails. My mind was cluttered with too many thoughts, like it had been for the past few days. I kept thinking about how the dinner with my parents would go in a couple days. I was deleting some junk mail when John came walking into the bus, holding something behind his back. He stood in front of me, not saying a word. I looked up at him questioningly.
“Yes?” I asked, but he didn’t respond, just put up a finger, telling me to wait. I sighed and closed my laptop, putting it to the side and waited. After a few moments, his phone buzzed, sounding like an alarm. He grinned and took a single rose from behind his back and handed it to me. I took it and smiled.
“Happy one month anniversary.” He said. I thought back for a moment; I guess it had been a month.
“Aw. Thanks baby.” I grinned and stood up and kissed him. “What was the alarm for?” I asked him.
“That would be the exact time that you barged onto the bus and kissed me one month ago, which is when I consider we started dating. I had checked the time right before you walked in, so I added a minute.” He smiled. I laughed.
“That’s adorable John.” I grinned and kissed him again. “You really are too good for me.” I told him.
“Yeah right. I will never be good enough for you, but I’ll never stop trying.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“Oh stop it.” I told him. “You’re perfect.” I smiled, kissing him a little longer this time. He smiled at me.
“I’m going to take you out to dinner tonight, okay?” He told me.
“Alright, I’d love to.” I grinned. He smiled and kissed me again. After a minute, I pulled back.
“As much as I’d love to stand here and kiss you all day, you have a set to play soon.” I reminded him.
“Aww, but I’d rather kiss you.” He pouted. I laughed.
“No you wouldn’t. And we both know it.” I teased him and grabbed his hand, pulling him off the bus, towards the stage.
That night, John took me to a cute little restaurant that he had found. The food was good and we talked about different things. The topic moved to the dinner with my parents.
“So, are your parents cool? Or should I be worried?” John asked.
“Nah, they’re cool. Don’t worry.” I told him.
“Do you think they’ll like me?” He asked, slightly nervous.
“I think they will. I’m just worried they will be upset over the fact that I didn’t get a job after college. They want me to be successful, so I don’t know how they’ll take it that I’m dating a guy in a band and working as their assistant.” I sighed.
“Don’t worry about that. You’re so young, they’ll understand. And I’m sure you’ll find a steady job whenever you decide you want one. What do you want to be anyway?” He asked.
“I don’t know. Something to do with music. Maybe working for a record company.” I told him.
“Ah, is that why you’re dating me? You need connections.” He joked. I laughed and kicked him lightly under the table.
“Yup. That’s exactly why.” I admitted. He grinned and grabbed my hand across the table.
“I guess I’m okay with that.” He said, smiling and interlocking our fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm such a hopeless romantic.
Enjoy& Comment!