Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Don't Judge Me

“Hello?” an older woman says. It’s Pat’s mom. I’d recognize her anywhere; she was in fact my second mother. I miss her. “Hello, is anyone there?” I held my breath as I hid in the bushes. Okay, so I may of done a flying leap over the railing into the bushes when the doorknob started turning. Don’t judge me. I’m just not ready yet.
“Who is it mom?” a voice asks from inside the house. Pat? No, not Pat. It doesn’t sound like him at least.
“No one I suppose, Tim. Maybe another prank from the neighborhood kids.” She replies as she shuts the door. Tim, Pat’s older brother, my older brother in a sense. I miss him too. I wait a couple minutes before I get up and sneak back to my car. I sit in my car and breath. I can’t believe I just did that. I’m so stupid. After a while, I’m able to drive back to the apartment. When I enter, Mary is there on the couch watching TV. She gets one look at me and gives me a questioning look, knowing something happened.
“The house looks different.” Is all I say while I head to my room and shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow. sorry it's so short. and a bit late. I got dragged to the movies. I'll post another to make up for it :]