Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

Back in Action

Mary came into my room quietly after a half hour. I was lying on my stomach looking out the window.
“Do you need to talk?” she asked as she sat on my bed. I stayed silent for a moment still staring out the window.
“Do you remember Pat?” I asked her.
“Of course. What about him?” She asked curiously.
“All I can think about is finding him.” I confessed and sat up and looked at her. “The only reason I saw the old house was because I went to Pat’s. I rang the doorbell, but bailed before it was opened. I hid in the bushes.” Mary laughed at this. “It’s not funny! I was scared shitless! But his mother answered and didn’t see me. At least I know his family is still here, so maybe he is.” I told her hopefully.
“Why did you bail?” she asked.
“I was scared Pat would answer. And think I was some freak for coming and finding him after all this time. Or worse, not even remember me.” I said sadly.
“That won’t happen! He’ll definitely remember you. And you have to ask yourself, Jamie, would you rather have him reject you, but you at least know you tried and can have some closure, or would you rather live with never having tried?” She asked.
“You’re right.” I sighed. “I know you’re right. I’m just scared.” I admitted
“I know; it’s okay. I’ll help you, if you want.” She said comfortingly. I nodded and hugged her.
“Thanks Mary. It means a lot.” I said.
“No problem. Now, do you know how you want to go about seeing him again? Do you want to go to his parents house again?” she asked.
“No.” I shook my head again. “It would be awful if I went there and he rejected me. Somewhere else. We just need to find out where.” I sighed.
“We’ll think of something. But we still have time. It’s okay. However, I’ll only help if you do me a favor.” She smiled devilishly.
“What…” I asked cautiously.
“Have some fun! You haven’t done anything fun since we got here. You’re coming to the club with Lauren and me tonight. It will be fun!” She said cheerfully.
“Okay, fine. You’re right. I need to have some fun, get my head off everything.” I agreed.
“Yes!” She cheered and threw her arms in the air. “Here we come Arizona! The Duncan sisters are back in action!” She exclaimed and I couldn’t help but laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :] And I'd love some comments! Criticism, Complaints, Complements, Anything!