Sequel: Listen To Your Heart
Status: Completed

Untangle Me

The Maine

We approached a giant half circle booth with two guys chatting in it, but they stood up when they say us coming. They were both very cute. The first thing that struck me was that one of them was very tall and very thin. The other was normal as far as height and weight and they both had messy brown hair. We stopped in front of them and they smiled at us. That’s when I realized how unbelievably gorgeous the tall one was.
“Girls, this is Garrett,” He gestured towards the average height one, “and this John.” He gestured to the tall one. “And this is Mary, Lauren and Jamie.” He pointed each of us out.
After the courteous hellos, we all sat down, with Kenny on one of the outskirts of the booth, and Mary next to him, then myself, John, Garrett, and Lauren on the end of the half circle.
“So, are you girls from around here?” Garrett asked.
“Well, I’ve lived here forever, but Jamie and Mary just moved back here last week.” Lauren piped up.
“It’s true.” I nodded. “We grew up here but our parents moved us to Boston. But we came back.” I smiled. “What about you guys?”
“Born and raised.” John smiled. “All of us.”
“That’s the way to go.” I smiled.
We continued small talk and learned a lot about them. None of them went to college and they all lived together. We found the reason for both of these things was that they were in a band, a successful one, and were on tour a lot, making it pointless to spend a lot of money on separate rents.
“So what’s your band’s name?” I asked.
“The Maine.” John smiled.
“Oh! I heard you guys, on the radio, on the drive up here. Um… what was the song… oh! Inside of You?” I asked.
He laughed. “Yup, that’s us. What did you think?” He asked hopefully.
“I liked it a lot. Interesting name though.” I laughed.
“We like to confuse our fans.” He shrugged. I smiled.
“Hey guys, it’s getting pretty late… or early. But either way, would you girls like to come back to our place, hang out some more?” Kenny asked.
“Sure.” Mary smiled.
“I’m in.” Lauren said. Everyone looked at me. I don’t mind going to hang out; I just don’t want this to turn into a hook-up fest. Well, I can always just leave if that happens. I’ll take a chance.
“Sure.” I smiled.
“Sweet, let’s blow this joint.” Kenny said getting up. We all followed and moved our way out of the club.
“We’ll follow you.” I told them and we all headed to our cars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy and Comment :]