Status: Slowly Active

Sometimes the Truth Hurts More Than Lies

Sugar Coated White Lies

Image

Devin dropped me onto the pavement just before the porch steps were under my feet. With a small scream escaping my throat my ass hit the ground. Laughter erupted around me.
"Shit... Mari I thought your feet were touching the ground! You're shorter than I thought." Devin offered a hand to me. My eyes shot daggers up at him. "Awh. Someone's angry." Andrew's voice took on a mocking tone. Andrew, along with Brent and Zach, snickered as they walked into the house.
Aiden sat down in front of me and stared. "Can I help you?"
"You okay?" Her voice was a whisper. My head nodded slowly. "Devin has a surprise for you... I'm not supposed to tell you that though." She giggled. My eyes rolled a little. Leave it to Aiden to ruin a secret.
Jimmy leaned forward and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped up quickly and ran inside. Jeff hesitantly followed along, leaving just Devin and I alone.

His body looked even taller than normal to me. For the first time ever all I could see was how well his clothes hugged to his body. He looked great.
Devin spoke quietly. "...Mari..."
"Devin it's okay. Really." He sighed and plopped down next to me. "Are you tired?"
"No...?"
"Let's go. Just me and you." He sounded serious. I almost took him as a joke. "You're kidding, right?"
"Not at all."
"Well... Where..."
He took my hands and pulled me up. The look on his face showed that I shouldn't talk, shouldn't ask questions; just listen.

All of my life I've never been a huge fan of walking around at night but for some reason... Having Devin next to me made me feel more relaxed. "So did you enjoy the show?" He asked awhile steering me which ever way we were turning. "Well yeah, of course. You guys never fail to entertain me." A twisted smile took form on my lips. Devin chuckled. "Good to know."
Up ahead was a figure. It wasn't a person... but it also wasn't anything I could figure out from a distance. "Do you remember this place?" Devin asked. His feet stood still as I kept walking forward. The view of the area cleared up. We were at the park. The park Devin and I first met at when we were very, very little. "Of course I remember being here!" I turned around to find Devin standing right behind me. One hand on my shoulder. "You stole my toys over there." I pointed at a group of trees. "And remember over there?" Devin asked, pointing towards one of the slides. "That's where we pinky promised we'd get married." I laughed. In the dark I could see a small smile come across his face. "Still keeping that promise?"
"Well of course." My face blushed red instantly.
His hand took mine lightly. Step by step he led the way towards the set of trees. My stomach filled with butterflies at his touch.

Time ticked on and on into the night. Our conversations of childhood memories seemed to be never ending, but at one point it did. Devin sneaked an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. His heartbeat steadily pumped in my ear.
"Mari..." His voice broke the silence. "Devin." He tilted my head up slowly. I could feel a vibration under my elbow, not just one but multiple. "Who the hell is texting you? You've been having texts all night..." I raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Uh... I really don't know..." His arms shifted just enough to reach into his pocket and pull it out. "Oh it's just Andrew." He mumbled. "What does he want...?"
"To know if I plan on coming home tonight."
"No. We're sleeping here." Devin stared curiously. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Make me a promise." Devin said randomly. "What is it?"
"If I ever get famous... you won't forget about me."
"What?"
"Promise me Mari." He said again. I nodded and held out my pinky. "I promise Devin."

Time seemed to pass by slowly. Being with Devin always made me happy, no matter what. Well... that is until I decided to take a sneak at his phone.
The texts he had weren't really from Andrew, or any of the guys for that matter. They belonged to some girl. some girl who was sharing some very... unflattering information with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merrrr.
Fuck my horrible writing skills.