Status: Slowly Active

Sometimes the Truth Hurts More Than Lies

Twister

Image

"Left hand, green!"

"Kill me now!!"

As I snaked my arm around Andrew and Jimmy's body, I could feel my whole body shaking. 

"Fuck!" I yelled when I finally placed my hand on the green spot. I felt Andrew chuckle.

"Fall already!" I yelled in Andrew's general direction.
 
"Psh, if I fall, I won't have anything to fall on. Unlike you, who has Jimmy."

"Please don't fall on me," Jimmy whispered. I surpressed a laugh. 

"Don't laugh!" Jimmy warned. But, of course that just made me laugh more. I looked over a Jeff, who was in charge of spinning, and he was laughing as well.

Before I knew it, I was laying on top of Jimmy, with Andrew's heavy body on top of mine.

"Oh shit!" I yelled.

"Oh no, you can't complain," Jimmy whined from the bottom of the pile. I giggled and brought up my head - which made me notice how close I was to him. I was only inches away from his face, to where I could feel his hot breath touch my lips. After staring at his lips for countless, pointless minutes, my eyes made their way to his own. For some reason, when we locked eyes, shivers crawled up my spine. I've seen his eyes countless times before, what's different?

"Jimmy, Aiden, are you guys okay?"

I broke out of my daze and tore away from his gaze. I barely realized that Andrew had already gotten off and all the guys were staring weirdly at us. I felt my face turn instantly red and I hopped out of Jimmy's way instantly. 

"U-Uh, has anyone seen Mari?" I asked suddenly.

"Nope," Everyone said in unison. 

"She's with sexy Devin," Zach answered with a smile. Everyone snickered.

As if on cue, Mari barged in with stomping feet, followed by a distressed looking Devin.

"Mari! What did I do?!" he yelled, running after her. 

"Leave me alone!" she yelled while going up the stairs. Devin just stood at the stairs, looking heartbroken. 

"Devin..." I whispered while walking towards him slowly, "What did you do?"

He looked at me with confused eyes and then sat down on the first step.

"I," he took a breath, "Don't know. I was about to kiss her-"

"You were going to kiss her?!" I said almost too  loudly. Devin slapped a hand over my mouth and shushed me.

"The last thing I need right now is the guys to be making it awkward for Mari and I."

I nodded and pulled his hand off my face.

"But, if you silence me like that again, you won't need the guys to embarrass you."

I heard him gulp and I smiled and patted his head.

"I'm kidding. Now go with the guys, I'll talk to Mari," I said already going up the stairs, "Do you have any idea to why she's mad at you?"

His face went into deep thought. 

"No. I really don't know."

"Did you say anything to her?"

He shook his head.

"I honestly don't know."

After I saw the look in his eyes, and I knew not to push him again. I nodded and patted his shoulder and made my way up the stairs. I figured she would be in Andrew's room if not Devin's.

"Mari," I said while opening Andrew's door, "You in there?"

I soon felt the door being jolted out of my hands and I saw a sniffling Mari, her eyes were bloodshot and she was still wiping her eyes.

"A-Aiden-"

"Mari! What, why are you crying?!" I exclaimed.

"Nothing," she said, pushing past me. I rushed after her and walked side by side.

"What happened with Devin?"

"Nothing."

"Mari, I know when you are lying and this is one of those times. Now what happened?"

"Aiden, it's nothing."

"When you cry, that is not nothing!"

"I don't know if I should tell you-"

"Of course you can tell me! I'm your best friend!"

"Aiden! I can't tell you, because I don't even know what went on with those texts."

"Wait, texts? Did you look at his phone...?"

She nodded, "This girl had been texting him all night... And... He lied to me about it."

I felt my anger rise to dangerous levels.

"That fucking asshole!"

"Aiden!" she yelled quietly while slapping her hand over my mouth - for the second time. Once again I pulled a hand off my face.

"What?!" I exclaimed with equal tone.

"I don't want the guys to get involved! I have to work this out with Devin first and see what those texts meant."

I sighed, "Okay. But just give me the word and I'll kick his ass."

She chuckled and nodded. When we made our down the stairs I broke the silence.

"So I heard that you and Devin almost kissed."

With that being said, her face turned immeadately red and she hid her face. I laughed at her embarrassment. 

"Now, go find him and talk to him," I said when we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"What about you?"

"Honestly, no idea."

"Go find Jimmy," she teased. And as soon as she said that, I felt an arm around my shoulders and my face turned bright red.

"I heard my name being used."

"Not in a bad way," Then she shifted her gaze towards me, "Nothing of that sort."

"Go find Devin!" I hissed. Her eyes went wide and she speeded off towards wherever.

"Why does she have to find Devin?"

"Private things. I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Will I find out later?"

"Perhaps."

He smirked.

"Um, not to sound rude, but did you need something?" I asked.

"Actually yes."

I gulped, "What is it exactly?"

"The Twister thing..."

"What twister thing?" I lied.

"You know..." then I saw his face go slightly pink.

I internally smirked.

"No, I don't, explain," I played dumb.

"Well, you know... Being that close... You..." by this time, his face was red.

I smiled and giggled. He looked down at me with a confused look.

"Jimmy, I understand."

"You do?" his face filled with hope.

"Yes! I mean, it was an awkward position..."

I saw the hope in his eyes drain.

"Oh..." he said. His arm dropped from my shoulders.

"Jimmy, are you alright...? Is it something else?" I asked. He shook his head and walked down to the basement with the other guys. My eyes dropped down to the ground.

Of course I knew what he meant. I felt the same way. Why couldn't I express it to him?

I followed him glumly with my arms crossed and head dropped. When I reached the bottom of the basement stairs, I realized all the lights were off and a movie was playing. I scoured the room for a place to sit - of course the only seat available was by Jimmy. I sighed and made my way to the seat. When I sat down, I felt a certain pair of eyes on my back. I cringed but eventually relaxed. After I felt the piercing eyes leave my back, I looked around the room and saw Mari and Devin talking - well, it wasn't exactly like that. Devin was talking, maybe begging? Mari was just sitting there motionless staring at the TV screen. The rest of the guys seemed totally oblivious to what was going on. 

I shifted my eyes to Jimmy who was staring at the screen as well. See, there's a difference from watching and staring. Watching is paying attention, staring is just looking at the screen, an you don't know what's going on. When your watching something, your normal. When your staring, something's wrong.

"Jimmy," I whispered and placed a light hand on his arm. I felt him tense up but, he turned his attention to me.

"Yes?"

I looked around and already saw looks on us.

"I-Uh actually, can we speak somewhere more private...?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 cliffhanger. Don't hate. It keeps you reading, right? :)