Status: Slowly Active

Sometimes the Truth Hurts More Than Lies

Rage Fit

Image

"Mari just give me a chance..." Devin whispered quietly in my ear. The warmth of his breath made my arms breakout in goosebumps. Part of me wanted to give him the chance he deserved to explain himself. The part taking over my emotions was the one that wanted to rage at him over and over. So I didn't show my feelings incredibly well... I didn't think they were that hard to miss, even for him.
I forced my head to stay straight. I had no idea what was going on in the movie but I wasn't about to let Devin win. I was raging, and I knew he could tell.
"Mari seriously..." His voice pleaded. From the corner of my eye I could tell his face was made of depression. Deep inside me I felt a small twist of pride. He usually always broke me like this, and for once I'm staying strong.
"Mari..."
"Fuck Devin, what do you want?" I snapped. "Look at me... Please."
"What do you want Devin?" I snapped once more. "Talk to me. Let's go outside please, or my room." My eyes rolled around in my head. "Fine."

Devin crowded me as we walked to his room. His body tensed as I flopped onto his bed and stared. "What do you need?" I asked, still somewhat snappy. "Mari..." Devin sat on his knees in front of me. "Tell me... What made you so upset?"
"What made me so upset? I know about that fucking cunt of a girl you're screwing around with. 'Oh Devin, I can't wait to see you again. I miss everything about you.' What the fuck?" He looked down at his hands. Talking about this only made me rage more. "Do you think I'm not going to care?! You and I have been best fucking friends for so long and you don't tell me this shit?! You don't tell me about some skank you're fucking?" At this point I was yelling.
Devin still said nothing.
"I wouldn't have been as mad if you would have came clean. I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't find out through your texts. If I didn't see the pictures she sends you. The way she talks to you. The pictures of you two." Tears flowed down my face. Devin stared at his hands, still saying nothing.
He stared with wet eyes. "Mari I..." He stopped speaking. "You what?" I sobbed. "I... I was going to tell you but... It's not anything official but... I didn't think..."
"Just stop Devin..."
"Why were you going through my phone anyway?" His voice raised a little. "You don't trust me?" This time it was me who said nothing, who stared awkwardly at my lap. The only thing I could think of to do was leave. And that's what I tried to do.

Arms grabbed me and pinned me to the wall. Devin's face was directly in front of mine, his lips just inches away. "Devin..."
"Just listen to me Mari." His eyes begged without him needing to say anything else. I sniffled and nodded, trying to collect myself.
"I didn't tell you because I didn't think you would care. We're not even dating, just... Having fun." He questioned the last two words, he sounded unsure of what he was even saying. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm having enough problems admitting anything to you."
"What are you...?" I stopped talking when a tear fell from one of Devin's eyes. "Devin..." He laughed a little. "Who knew love hurt this much."
His hands let go of my arms and gripped the doorknob. "Devin..." My voice couldn't even go above a whisper. He opened the door and took a step out, not even looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this turned out bad .__.