Status: Slowly Active

Sometimes the Truth Hurts More Than Lies

Pancakes

The morning after what happened the previous night was bittersweet. Jimmy and I were doing great, as for Devin and Mari... not so great.

I was currently cooking breakfast for us and everyone was crowded around the island where I was cooking the food. While waiting for the food, I took a look at Devin and Mari.

Devin looked like absolute hell. He had bags under his eyes and his eyes were bloodshot. According to Andrew, when he got up to get something to drink around three AM, Devin was still awake, just sitting upright staring at the blank TV screen.

As for Mari, she didn't look any better than Devin. Her eyes were also bloodshot and she was disheveled. She was skiddish and looked everywhere except in Devin's direction.

"Aiden! Pay attention, you're gonna burn them!" Andrew shrieked. I snapped out of it and flipped the pancakes and bacon onto a nearby plate, it being scavengered by the guys. I rolled my eyes and began to make more as the guys filed out. When the group thinned out, it was just me, Mari, and Devin.

"Do you guys want some?" I asked. No response. I sighed and began making food, knowing they would be hungry at some point.

As I put the last of the pancake batter and bacon on the skillet, I felt a kiss on my cheek. I looked over and smiled.

"Good morning Jimmy," I replied. He waved lazily and took the seat next to Devin, laying his head down on the table. I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was nine-thirty — that being early for him.

I glanced over at Devin again, catching him staring at Mari with forlorn eyes, and of course she didn't acknowledge him.

"Okay," I said dropping the spatula on the countertop, "You two, fucking talk. Now."

All three of them looked at me, confused.

"You know what I mean. Ever since last night, Mari, you won't even look at Devin. You two... whatever you guys did upstairs besides almost kissing, screwed up your friendship. Fucking fix it. Now," I said, looking at Devin and Mari. They gave me incredulous looks. I paid no attention to them, just returning to cooking breakfast.

When the food was finished, I grabbed everyone a plate, placing one pancake and two slices of bacon on each plate.

When I set Mari's plate in front of her, she stared at it for a few moments and then exited the room. I sighed and put her plate by the stove, gradually eating my plate.

"Devin, you gotta do something man. This isn't healthy... it looks like you were crying last night and you didn't sleep. Same goes for Mari," Jimmy commented, nibbling on his bacon.

"Mind your fucking business Jimmy. Just because you finally got the relationship you've wanted for forever, doesn't mean you can go around giving advice about other people's relationships," Devin snapped.

"Whatever, say what you want, but you know I'm right," Jimmy said, finishing off his bacon.

"And just because you fucked up with Mari doesn't mean you can be an asshole to everyone who tries to help you out," I added on.

"Fuck you two. Ganging up on me," he complained, eating the rest of his pancake. We both smiled. Soon when Devin finished, he put his plate in the sink and made his way upstairs, where Mari went.

I checked on the boys and they were all gone, probably downstairs. When I turned my head back, I was greeted by Jimmy's soft lips. It was brief, but great nonetheless. I smiled when we parted.

"So, you're gonna help me clean right?" I smiled wider. He groaned and shrugged.

"I guess I have to now, don't I?"

I nodded and kissed his cheek once more.

"You wash, and I'll dry," he told me, grabbing a clean dishtowel. I chuckled.

"Of course."
♠ ♠ ♠
lol why did I even update this?