Status: Active :) Updates ONCE or TWICE a week <3

You're Grinning Like A Fool

Chapter Sixteen.

I lay in bed thinking about what had happened just not so long ago with Lisa. I couldn't sleep, I felt like the weight of the world was just tumbling on me. I finally remembered Lisa telling me about Alex, and how much she actually did love him. It was at a family bar-b-que, and we were sitting by the pool.

Her long blonde hair was brushed gently on her left side as she spoke so passionately about this boy she had met three years ago. That's how long it was since I seen my cousins. She was moving her hands in wild directions, describing this boy down to every finger nail and for once she was happy to see one of her cousins this happy and excited over a boy.

"Hes in a band, too." Lisa whispered staring into the pool with a wide smile on her face. "He sings in it. Hes an amazing singer, Peyton. You should come over one of the days at listen to them practice. They're amazing."

I smiled at her and nodded, "Maybe one day." I knew it was never going to happen, because this happened at least once a year, me and Lisa would get along for a day or two during the year and than never talk to each other that much again until we were forced to. That's what happened here. Do you really expect me to listen to my cousin gush about her boy toy, when I'm all alone in this miserable world?

"He has long brown hair, with eyes that would make you melt if you stared to long. His name, oh, I forgot to tell you his name, its Alex. Alex Gas-" She got cut off with someone calling my name, I looked over the fence where it had come from. I smiled wide when I say my two best friends, Charlotte and Jay, waving me over. I nodded and mouthed 'One minute' to them.

"Well, Lisa, it has been great catching up with you, but I think I should get going. Bye." I said fast and got up from the pool carefully so I wouldn't fall in and rushed past my mother who tried to speak to me. I walked out of my house and saw Charlotte and Jay outside my house.


Maybe that's why I couldn't remember her telling me about the amazing boy laying next to me right now. I was too bored to even listen to her, I didn't even get his full name. Than guilt washed inside me as I recalled all the things she once said about Alex. About how in love she was, and how proud she was of herself to grasp someone as amazing as him.

I bit my lip and sat up, staring down at Alex. Nothing as happened between us, and I doubt anything will, but I couldn't help but wish something would. Is that bad? Wanting your cousin's ex boyfriend? Was that in the so-called rule book that everyone knows of? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Either way, I know someday Ill break the rule if it is in it. Alex moved a bit, taking his arm away from my waist and turning so his back was facing me.

I smiled lightly, and got out of the bed. I threw on Alex's hoodie that was laying on the floor and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I looked around and noticed he did clean up the terrible mess my cousin made. I turned on the kettle to make myself a cup of tea. I searched for a cup, which had a cat on it, and the teabag. When I finished making tea, I walked into the sitting room and made myself comfortable on the big sofa, with a blanket keeping me warm.

I picked up the controller and turned the TV on and was greeted with Shaggy's voice from Scooby-Doo. That was what I did for the next two hours, spent the whole morning watching Scooby-Doo replays, to say the least I enjoyed it.

I heard foot steps coming down the stairs at around half ten, and I waited until Alex came and sat next to me, but he didn't. I looked up at him and saw he was on my phone.

"I'm Alex, Alex Gaskarth," He said, I got up and made my way over to him, and he looked down at me with a smirk on his gorgeous face. The person on the other line answered him, and Alex began to talk again, "You see sir, your daughter stayed in my house last night," Daughter, my eyes widened as I grabbed the phone out of his hand. I shot him a look and stepped back putting room between us.

"Dad? Hi." I muttered as I stared at the floor, tracing patterns in the carpet with my foot.

"Sweetheart, there you are. Was that your boyfriend?" He asked sternly.

"No, no, no, we're just mates." I said fast, hoping he understood me.

"Okay, if you say so. Come home will you, dear?" He sounded like he was on the verge of crying, but I knew my dad, and I knew he'd never cry. He didn't even cry when his own father died.

"Wheres mam?"

"Shes gone for awhile," He answered fast.

"Oh okay," I mumbled, I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I looked up to Alex and smiled lightly, in which he returned it.

"Why did you leave in the first place?"

" Its just, you and mam were fighting. I heard it all." I answered truthfully.

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"Just come home, bring that Alex dude with you, I want to meet the boy that has been doing a better job then I should be doing." I bit my lip and stared at Alex. He wasn't taking my dads place.

"Okay, Ill see you in a bit." He muttered an 'I love you' and I did the same before hanging up and smiling at Alex. "He wants to meet you," I told him. He looked at me and than closed his eyes at which I chuckled at. I wrapped him in a hug and rested my chin on his chest looking up at him, "Hey, you okay? So, you want to come home with me?" I asked biting my lip. He nodded and let out a short laugh.

"But why does he want to meet me?" He asked, looking down at me.

I sighed and looked down, "He wants to see the boy that has been minding me while my mam and himself were fighting." And it was true, Alex was looking after me when my parents forgot about me.

"Don't worry. Ill always be here for you babe." I smiled slightly, but was taken back when I felt a pair of lips cover mine. It was nothing like Ive ever experienced before, It was perfect, just like him.

"That...That was something," I mumbled before he pulled me back in making me smile against his lips. How was he so perfect?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hey there :') I'm finally back to writing this story. I was thinking about it all night last night, and since the weather is shit here in Ireland, I was like 'Fuck it, Ill start writing Chapter 16'. So yeah:)

I just needed a break from this story, and all. I started writing a new one, This is it:). Its an original, I'm really excited to start getting into it. Don't worry, this story will still be my number one.

Also, Ill be updating this one later on tonight, yous should all start checking it out, because it hasn't really been getting a lot of love. I don't think people like original fictions, or I'm not good at writing, one or the other.

SOOO I got a Tumblr, actually, I think Ive had it for about a year, Ive just never used it, but I am now, A LOT. So yous should all Follow me. I follow back, also I give yous all permission to keep annoying me if I dont update fast enough.

Also my Twitter, yous should follow that too, I follow back on it also, and once again feel free to nag me on it if I dont update soon enough.

I'm also thinking about starting a writing contest, dont know why, but they just look fun. Could anyone tell me what a Picture Contest is? Anyone? please.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter, and me ranting on about nothing<3

Do not forget to comment lovies. :)

<3ztnewpete<3