Status: Finished! Part two is out. Go and Read :)

Death to a Blonde

Matt finds out

Janice wasn't in first period and I began to worry about her. I decided to skip second period and go to her house and see what was going on.

I dialed her number to see if i could reach her but it went straight to voice mail. Strange her phone was never off.

I finally got to her house. I knocked on the door but nobody answered. I called her mother since she told me after Janice's incident to call her if anything seemed wrong with Janice.

"Hello," She said.
"Um yeah Mrs. Coop is Janice at home?"
"Yes dear, she is."
"Well she's not answering the door."
"There's a key underneath the mat on the back door."

I thanked her and went around the back and found the key. I opened the front door and raced up to Janice's room. She wasn't in there. I ran into her bathroom and almost fainted.

There she was, the love my life, lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. I turned my head. I couldn't look, it pained me. I picked up my phone and dialed 911.

"Hello what is your emergency?" An operator asked.
"My girlfriend killed herself please help me."
"Where do you live."
"525 Sunshine Road."
"Someone will be there shortly."

I hung up the phone and picked Janice's dead body up and clung tight to it. For the first time in forever I cried. She was the one I wanted to marry and grow old with and it was ruined. I touched the side of her head.

My hand was covered in something warm:
Blood.

She shot herself in the head. I pulled her even tighter to me.

Suddenly sirens were audible and I heard someone scream. I looked back and saw Mrs. Coop standing over me. Guys came and tried to pull Janice's body away from me but I clung to her. It wasn't until Mr. Coop put his hand on my shoulder that I let go of her. Ever since I met him, he never showed much emotion but now in his eyes I saw so much emotion: love, anger, sadness.

He handed me a piece of paper and I saw Janice's handwriting.

Matt,
I love you and always will but everything lately has blown me over the edge. Always remember me when your cheating on your next girlfriend. Don't forget Matt that I'll always keep you in my heart even if it burns in hell. And don't worry Matt I forgave and forget.

I looked out Janice's bedroom window and watched as the ambulance men covered her body and put her in the back of their truck. More tears escaped and I stormed downstairs.

I went straight for my car. I have to get out, I have to go somewhere. But where? Anywhere but here. I started my car and drove off.