Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 9.2

God I need to stop drinking....

"Kara can you get me another drink?" I yelled at her by the coolers. I mean she's there, why not ask? Besides, I was surrounded by some of the sexiest women I've seen since I left Chicago.

I felt Kara tap me with the beer bottle which I gladly took. I'll thank her later.

"Kaner!" I heard someone call out. I turned and saw Brent, Corey, and Sharpie clustered together by the beer, "Excuse me ladies. I'll be right back." I told the girls as I brushed by them to my teammates. "Enjoying the party?" I asked them.

"Yeah Kaner, it's great." Brent answered. From the looks on their faces, they were hiding something, "What's going on guys?"

"We're just curious Kaner...what's the story behind her?" Sharpie asked pointing towards the lake. Why's Kara over there by herself?

"She's just a friend." The guys broke out in a fit of laughs.

"Kaner, you don't have 'just friends'. Now seriously? Seabs said you met her in Vegas."

"Yeah I did, so what?"

"Well....are you hitting that?"

"No, he's not." Brent answered. Corey and Sharpie starred at me.

"Dude, have you seen her lately?" Corey asked.

"Dude, she's like 19." I mimicked.

"So what? She's legal, hot, and nice. When has age ever stopped you?"

"We don't have that kinda relationship. She thinks I have a drinking and sex problem---"

"And you do." Sharpie added.

"And I asked her to help me out."

"Well she's not doing a very good job. That's like your fourth beer and all you've done is mind fuck each one of those girls." Brent said.

"It's my party. I'll do what I want."

"So are you like going to make a move on her or something?"

"Fuck no, she's seriously just a friend. I don't care."

"Okay then but if you're not going to make a move then someone else will." Corey said his gaze out by the lake. When I turned to look I saw Jon and Kara talking and laughing.

What the hell is that? Whatever, they're just friends. Kara would never get with Tazer. She's not like that. Besides, Jon knows she's my friend. He wouldn't just make a move without saying something to me first. That's like...in the bro code or whatever.

I mean, sure...Kara's hot. That little dress of her's defiantly compliments her very, very well but...look at the girls I have waiting for me just to drag up to my room; tall, blonde, curvy...probably an IQ of 56 but you don't need brains in bed. And there's probably like 2 out of all of them that I wouldn't mind seeing again. Kara....she's not my type really. Besides looking hot and stuff, she has like morals or whatever. She's trying to help me so by sleeping with me would pretty much crush that whole idea. And she is 19...that's just legal even if she looks older then her age. I bet Jon doesn't know that. He's not that kinda guy to sleep with a 19 year old. Psh, they'd probably work well with each other. He's Captain Serious and she'd be his First Mate or whatever.

God why am I thinking about this? She's still my friend...and so is Jon. I don't really want to picture them together because I know it will never happen. Kara's my friend.

"Hey Pat...how 'bout a dance?" Tall, blonde, and sexy asked, her look-a-like right beside her. Now this is what I'm talking about. I've got 2 sexy girls just begging to get in my pants...I wonder which one I should get with first....oo.....I wonder if I can kill two birds with one stone.

Just as I was about to zone out with sexy thoughts I recognized a certain little brunette joining the dancing crowd...and Tazer.

I watched as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

I watched as her hand held onto his shoulder.

I watched their hips move together at an extremely close distance.

I watched as he made her laugh.

I watched as they stopped any air from coming in between their bodies.

I watched as Kara looked at me.

I couldn't tell if she looked apologetic or if she was glaring at me. But I knew my face wasn't as happy as it was a second ago, "Pat are you alright?" Blonde 1 asked. I nodded my head and went back to me having a good time and not thinking about Kara...with Jon.

-----
Kara's POV

I've come to the conclusion that people drink way to much for their own good. And they're dumb drinkers too--meaning they'll open a bottle, take a sip, set it down, walk away, and completely forget they had a drink in the first place. Then the cycle repeats.

It's around 3am. The last group of people left about 15 minutes ago. I sat on the couch to get off my tired feet. I let out a giant yawn and then a sigh. This place is a disaster and it needs to be cleaned. But I don't want to do it now. I just want to go to bed. But I can't.

Pat has a girl in his room. And that's the last thing I need to hear when I'm trying to sleep. Psh, if I stayed very quiet, I could probably hear them from down here.

Then I guess I'll clean now, wait till their knock out, and sleep in. Yeah...That's a good idea. So that's what I did. I gathered the bottles and cans and set them on the island, throwing out the empty ones and draining the full ones. So much beer gone to waste....but there's a good profit in this once their recycled.

"Hey, what are you still doing up?" Jon appeared just like he had the other morning...shirtless. Not only am I tired, but there's a hot guy standing in front of me. So to answer his question I pointed towards up. "Kaner's got a girl?" I nodded. "Don't worry...it won't take long." I laughed at Jon's burn.

"I figured since I'm up I'll clean." I said quietly.

"Smart because I know Pat won't be up for it tomorrow." He was right. I might not have been by Patrick's side the whole night but I did notice how many drinks he went through...he'll be hurting in the morning....or later. Whichever.

Jon started tossing food, bowls, and cups away, speeding up the process. As I watched him, I can't deny that I wasn't starring at his movements. The way his muscles tightened with every motion. I can't figure out if it should be legal or illegal for him to not have a shirt on.

When Jon finished his task, he helped me pour the wasted alcohol down the drain, "Thanks...for everything." I said and I meant it. He made my whole night better then it was. Since joining me by the lake, I swear he never left my side. He kept me company, introduced me to some people that he knew, and was being a friend, unlike some. We danced, we talked, we even sat together to watch the fireworks go off. It would be wrong to say he wasn't being a real gentleman. This night reminded me of Vegas. It was like tonight with Jon was like the two nights with Patrick. I got to know both of them very well and vice versa. The only difference was that Jon spent time with me tonight...and Patrick didn't. He was too preoccupied with his puck bunnies to probably remember my name. After seeing his face on the dance floor, our eyes never met again. I know I was stealing some glances of him but I'm sure he didn't care what I was doing.

"Anytime." Jon said with a smile. Now I'll have this blush on my face until one of us leaves the room. Stupid Toews and his smiles.

By 3:45 we finished with all of the cleaning. The house looked as if there wasn't even a party...perfect. "I'm gonna attempt to go to bed. If you hear someone walking around, it's probably me which means they're not done yet." I warned Jon as I stood by the stairs.

"If you can't sleep, you can come down with me. I'll keep you company." He offered. Okay, I need to get out of his presence before my cheeks explode from blushing to much.

I gave him a small smile and tip toed up the stairs. The closer I got to the landing, I noticed that there was no sound. Good, they must have called it a night. I entered my room, changed, washed up, and passed out. Good night world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this one was alright. I wanted to get Kaner's POV in there.

Here's the dress. I don't think I put it up before but if I didn't here it is.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=33395794

Very simple. I'm trying to find out how to use hyperlinks on here. If you know, let me know because that would just be lovely.

Thanks for reading! :)