Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 16

As the days went on, I went back into my normal routine. I'd wake up and got ready to babysit, meeting Pat on our way to our cars, then return home with enough time to change and eat before I headed to the theatre.

Thursday came around and I was off from babysitting and the show. I looked forward to sleeping in Thursday....but someone decided they didn't think I needed a few extra hours, "Kara? Wanna go to practice with me?" Pat said walking into my room.

"Patrick Kane do you have something against me sleeping?"

"Of course not but I figured since you're not working you can come with me to practice."

"Hmm....sleep or go to practice.....tough choice but I'm gonna pick sleep."

"Come on Kara, it'll be fun."

"That's what you always say." I mumbled into my pillow.

"But you do have fun. Come on! I need to leave soon." He said getting off my bed and leaving. I let out a long sigh, a few bad words and rolled out of bed. I through on some yoga pants and a tank top. I was too tired to care what I looked like. I tossed my hair in a bun, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Pat was waiting by the door, a giant smile of his face. I just grabbed my wallet and keys, grumbling as I walked past him to his car. "You owe me a good lunch for this." I said to me.

I had never been to the Tennity Ice Pavilion before but it was quite nice. I guess women's ice hockey played here.

On the way over Patrick explained that there were summer hours at 12 but he was able to get an extra hour of ice time. "What so you have 2 hours on the ice, what do you do for the other 2 hours?"

"I work out at the gym."

"Two hours of working out?" I whistled, "Damn, maybe I should start working out with you." He laughed.

Currently I was sitting on the players bench as Pat skated back and forth doing various drills. I've never seen him skate in person but TV didn't do much justice for him. He was very good, very balanced, focused when he was on the ice. All the shots he took went in. His passes were clean and crisp. He was a fast skater, flying by like he would take off at any moment. There was a reason he was a #1 draft pick.

As Patrick's trainer went and set up another drill, Pat came over to the bench, "So how am I doing?" He asked accepting the water bottle I gave him.

"Not too shabby kid. You could make it in the big times with talent like that." I joked leaning against the wall. He rolled his eyes and squirted water at his face.

"We've got a few more things to cover then we'll head on over to the gym."

"Take your time. I'm in no rush." He playfully squirted water and me and skated off to his trainer, "10 suicides for squirting the coach!" I yelled out to him.

Pat and I had been at the gym for an hour. He was intently working out with his trainer. I, on the other hand, was intently watching him working out. "Come on Pat I'm barely breaking a sweat."

"I thought,"He dropped the bar on the hands, sitting up from his second set of bench presses, "You were going to work out with me."

"But it's much more fun bossing you around." I said with a big smile.

"It's much more fun to work out with someone."

"Want me to call Jon?" His eyes narrowed at me, "No."

"Okay then...." Pat laid back down placing his hands on the bar. I walked behind the bar to spot him. He lifted the bar and continued his work out.

"Pat when you're down with that, do some sit ups and push-ups." Pat's trainer said. Pat nodded as he got ready to finish his last set. After we walked over to the floor of mats, Pat sitting down to start his sit-ups, "Make yourself useful and hold my feet." I rolled my eyes but knelt down and held his feet in place as he counted off sit-ups. "So what do you want to do after this?" Pat asked as he did his exercise.

"I don't know. Today was my lazy day....I see a nap in my future."

"I could go for a nap." He says stopping his sit ups, his back resting on the ground.

"We could grab some food and just chill at home."

"I like that idea. Maybe we could watch a movie." I shrugged pressing down on his feet as he continued his exercise.

---

"What movie do you want to watch?" Pat asked taking a seat on the futon in the basement which was currently dressed in bed sheets and pillows. I handed him his bowl of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese that I made while he showered. I plopped down next to him with my own bowl, "I'm in the mood to laugh."

"Well that narrows it down." He said sarcastically.

"If you're going to be like that I'm gonna make you watch a girly movie." He laughed obviously not taking my threat seriously. So I set my bowl down and marched upstairs returning with a movie in hand.

"What are we watching?" he asked but I ignored him. He'll have to wait and see.

"Tangled? What's Tangled?" He asked as the main menu appeared on the screen.

"It's a funny movie."

"You're kidding, right? This is a kid's movie."

"So it's perfect for you." I said resting against the back wall as the movie started.

As the movie began, Pat was quiet eating his lunch until, "Are they singing? Is this a singing movie? You've got to be kidding me." He laughed.

"It's a Disney movie, it's mandatory to have singing." I set my bowl down on the floor and got comfy, Pat doing the same thing.

"I can't believe you're making me watch this." Pat mumbled.

"You didn't pick anything so I did. I hope you learned your lesson."

The two of us sat in silence, with the occasional chuckle from me, as the movie went out. I let out a yawn and laid back on the pillow. "Hey, hey, hey...you can't fall asleep and leave me watching this alone."

"You're not going to die by watching a Disney movie."

"Fine then...move over." He said slapping my leg.

"Excuse me."

"If I'm going to be forced to watch this I want to be comfy." He answered lying down beside me. I felt his chest press against my back but space between the rest of us. He had his hand holding up his head so he could see over me.

Things stayed like this for most of the movie. When the scene where Flynn Rider realizes he's falling for Rapunzel Pat says, "Aww it's that cute! He loves her!!" He wrapped his arm around my waist, "How adorable!"

"Are you making fun of the movie?"

"What? Me? How could I make fun of such a movie?"

"You're a smart ass." I mumbled.

"You love me." He whispered into my ear. I felt a shiver go down my back. I had't realized he was that close to me, even with his arm wrapped around me holding tight. His head rested just above mine. I kept my face tuck down so Pat couldn't see how flushed my cheeks are.

He was warm. He was comfortable. Being so close to him like this just felt right. I remember being at the party with him so close to me but this moment was different. At the party we were dancing, constantly moving. Here, we were as still as water. A totally 180 from before.

It had to of been 10 minutes later when I heard a snore from behind me. I looked up and saw Pat completely out. I was going to get up and let him sleep when his arm tightened around me. "Okay then..." I relaxed back in Pat's grip and just let my eyes close.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been a while. There has been alot of things going on and I just haven't had time to sit down and think about what I was going to write, on top of writers block. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get to the main idea for the story. I know what I want to do, it's just getting there. It might be a while for the next chapter just because i have a lot to deal with. I promise to get it up though.

Thank you so much for reading and being patient with me. And sorry if the chapter isn't the best.