Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 22

The rest of the week with Jon flew by. So did the rest of my summer.

I had now moved back into school, ready for classes to begin. But this year I was now rooming with my best friend Julia, "Okay since you lacked in giving me details of your adventurous summer, spill!" She demanded as we sat in our new room.

"I told you everything when I was in Winnipeg."

"You haven't told me how the rest of your trip went."

"I made the jacket and hung out with Jon and his family...that's it."

"What about Patrick? Did you see him before school started?"

"He called me when I was in Winnipeg."

"What did he want?" She looked at me, her head in her hands with an anxious face.

"He...he wanted me to leave Winnipeg."

"Why?"

"He said he wasn't happy that I was there. He wanted me to leave."

"Maybe it wasn't Winnipeg he wanted you to get away from." I furrowed my brows. "Maybe he wanted you to get away from Jon." I shook my head.

"No, that's not it. Patrick and Jon are best friends. Why would he care if I was with Jon?"

"...Maybe he likes you." I just laughed at her.

"Patrick Kane does not like me Julia. You're out of your mind."

"I don't know Kara. A guy wouldn't act like that unless he was jealous or something."

"That's not it. Can we just drop it?"

"...fine. Do you have the jacket?" I nodded and walked to my closet, pulling out the leather jacket, "Kara, that's awesome. Everyone's going to like it...Why does it smell like guy?"

"Um, Jon put it on." Her eyes widened and then she pressed the jacket practically up her nose smelling it, "Julia that's creepy."

"Kara, Jonathan Toews wore this jacket. We can't let anything happen to it."

"You're such a freak." I joked yanking the jacket from her hands and hanging it back up.

"So will I ever get to meet the famous Jonanthan Toews or Patrick Kane?" She asked flipping through my sketch book on my desk.

"Jon promised to let me know when they're playing Buffalo and we'd talk about meeting up sometime. I'm sure you can tag along."

"You know you're my best friend right?" She said smiling.

"So I've been told."

For the rest of the night we hung out in the dorm room getting ready for classes the next day when my phone went off, "Hello?"

"Hey Kara." I smiled.

"Hey Jon, how's it going?" Julia's head snapped up when she heard me say his name.

"It's alright. Getting ready to head back to Chicago tomorrow. How was move-in day?"

"It was good. I'm all settled in.

"Tell him I said hi." Julia hissed at me. I waved her off.

"That's good. You're with your friend aren't you?" Julia was now standing over my shoulder trying to listen in.

"Yeah I am. Hold on a sec Jon." I moved the phone away from my ear and put it on speaker phone, "Jon, please put my friend Julia out of her misery and say hi." He laughed.

"Hi Julia." I started laughing at Julia as she stood there trying to get her breath/ "Is she alright?" Jon asked.

"Yeah, she's just kinda hyperventilating. Deep breaths Julia, like you're having a baby." I said.

"Oo shut up!" She yelled smacking my arm.

"Ow! That hurt you jerk!" Jon just laughed on the other side of the phone as Julia and I had a slapping fight.

"Okay stop, my hands hurt." I told Julia.

"So Jon, you ready for the season?" Julia asked him.

"Of course."

"You should be since the Sabre's are gonna dominate this year."

"Yeah, okay." He doubted.

"He doesn't believe me." Julia said to me.

"No he doesn't....Aww shit Jon she's dropping the gloves. Shit's going down." I joked.

"Then it's a good thing I'm home. Maybe when we play Buffalo, I can get you guys some tickers."

"You don't have to do that Jon." I told him. Julia gasped and slapped my arm, "Stop doing that!"

"Don't worry about. I'd love to see you again and to meet your friend."

"I don't know Jonny Boy, according to my calendar you guys don't play in Buffalo."

"Yes Jon, she actually has the Sabre's schedule in her calendar." I told him and he laughed.

"Then maybe you two can come to Chicago and see a game." Julia started shaking her head up and down so fast I thought it would fall off.

"I'm sure we could do that." I said.

"When's you next break?"

"Christmas break will probably be best since we get over a month off."

"Then we'll do that. I'll get you tickets for a game then. We can talk more when it get's closer."

"Yeah we'll do that."

"Great! Well I need to get going. I've got an early flight tomorrow. I'll talk to you later Kara. It was nice talking to you Julia."

"You too Jon. Have a safe flight." She said.

"Thanks. Good night Kara."

"Night Jon." When I hung up, I turned to Julia who was about ready to explode. "You are so weird Julia."

-----

School started off with a bang. I had tons of homework going into October plus all the work I had to do for the musical coming up in December. My classes spread from Costume Design to Stage Management. I even had to take some acting classes but those I can just have fun in. Julia was taking similar classes but had them at different times.

In the time between September and October 25, Jon had called and texted me non-stop. He'd ask me about my day and I'd ask about his and how the team was doing. Sometimes the conversation was just to say something funny. The weird thing is, no matter what we talked about or how often, I felt this little pang in my heart. Jon was practically a best friend to me but when my phone goes off and I see his name I feel...let down.

The guys had a game tonight and I was hoping to watch some of it, but the Sabre's were playing as well, "Know your priorities Kara." Julia told me when I suggested it.

"Fine but on a commercial, we're checking out the Blackhawks." She rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else. As we watched the Sabre's game, I received tweets from the Blackhawks group giving me details of the game. The Hawks had yet to score making the game tied in the third period.

"How are they doing?" Julia asked not taking her eyes off the TV screen."

"Score less. Third period."

"Then you better tell your boyfriend to score a goal or they're going to lose."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Whatever." She mumbled before jumping out of her seat as Derek Roy scored, adding another point to the 4-1 scoreboard. The game went to a commercial so Julia changed it to the Hawks game.

"The whole Chicago team looks like their playing hard but it seems like there's some tension between Toews and Kane. Usually they're able to work off each other but today it looks like their at odds or something." the announcer said.

"That's not good." Julia added. I automatically found Jon's number skating around the ice doing whatever he could to get the puck and into the net. Every shot he took, the Ducks goalie was blocked.

As Jon took another shot at Jonas Hiller, the puck bounced off his hockey pads and began to slide away from the goal until a red jersey can flying in, sending the puck at the back of the net. Blackhawks score.

I screamed with excitement as the team gathered around the player, "Who scored?" Julia asked.

"I don't know, I didn't see."

"He caught Hiller at a bad moment because he was still trying to stop Toews shot." One announcer said.

"Jim, that's why Patrick Kane was the number one draft. He knows where to be at the right moments and he knows when to take the opportunities and make results." Another added.

"Pat scored?" Julia said gazing up at the TV as they replayed the shot. This time the giant 88 on the jersey was visible. It was Patrick Kane.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts finding Patrick's number and typed him a message, "Awesome shot Pat! That was amazing!! :) "

I turned my attention back to the TV to see the end of the game when it changed, "Hey!"

"Commercial's over."

Around midnight, I was getting ready for bed. Julia was already passed out so she didn't even budge when my phone vibrated on my desk. I picked it up and walked into the hallway, "Hello?" I asked not checking the ID.

"Hey Kara."

"Patrick?"

"The one and only. I got your text."

"Oh, yeah. Great score Pat. I was getting nervous."

"You watched the game?"

"Well I tried. The Sabre's were playing but I was able to catch your goal. Congrats."

"Thanks. I'm glad you texted me. I haven't talked to you in a while." Of course you haven't. The last time you got mad and demanded I leave Winnipeg...but I wasn't going to say that.

"I know, but you've been so busy with games and me with school."

"How is school going?"

"It's great. The classes aren't too brutal but there is a lot of homework."

"You're a smart girl, you'll get it done." I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up. "So when do I get to see you again? It's been forever."

"I don't know. You guys don't come to Buffalo."

"That sucks. You'll have to come here or meet us someplace."

"Defiantly."

"Well I need to get going. Sorry for calling you so late, I just wanted to thank yo for the text."

"Anytime Pat. I'll talk to you later."

"See ya Kara."

I let out a long sigh as I looked at my phone.

Either he doesn't remember being mad, or he just didn't bring it up. Whatever the case may be, I'm just happy to talk to him again.

I went back into my room and locked the doors. As I lied there in bed I smiled. I really missed Patrick. Maybe I shouldn't after what happened before but he was most likely drunk. Anyone else might hold a grudge against him for what happened but me, I couldn't. It's over and done with.

Since that night, Patrick continued to text me, occasionally calling.And that little pang in my heart...started to go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I thought I'd update.
Pretty short chapter I think but it got Kara in school and the season started so we can move on. I hope you enjoyed it none the less.

More to come...along with the hockey season! :)

Let's go Sabre's!!.....And Blackhawks :P haha

Thanks for reading!