Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 25

"You're going to Chicago for Christmas?"

"No mom, I'm coming back for Christmas."

"Why are you even going to Chicago?"

"You remember my friends Jon and Pat? They invited Julia and I."

"So Julia's going with you?"

"Yes mom." I replied rolling my eyes.

"I just want to know what's going on."

"So is it alright if I go?" She was quiet on the other line. Because she let me go to Winnipeg over the summer, I didn't think Chicago would be bad. But because I'll be gone close to Christmas, I knew my mom would be hesitant. With my dad being away and both her kids away at college, it's hard on her. Now asking to spend a week in Chicago before the holidays was going to be pushing it.

"Alright you can go. But you better be back for Christmas." Julia started dancing around the room when my mom answered.

"Thank you mom! I think the flight home is on the 23rd so we'll be home. And we're stopping in Pittsburgh first."

"Whoa Pittsburgh? You never said that. That's no where near Chicago."

"I know mom but their playing the Penguins first and we're meeting the guys there and we'll fly back with them."

"Are you seriously going to allow those two to create chaos in two cities?"

"Shut up Brenden." Julia and I said together.

"Fine but don't call me for bail money." He said. I finished talking to my mom and told her I'd keep her updated.

"You know...it would be a hockey game we'd get arrested at." Julia said. I just shrugged knowing she was probably right.

---

You ever have weeks go by fast but the days feel like they're about as slow as molasses? That's how Julia and I felt during the final weeks leading up to the show. All those days we were busy, running about making sure everything was perfect. It didn't help that the trip was closing in either.

The week might have kept us all busy but we had no problems.I didn't have to fill in anymore for the actors so I was able to keep my distance from Henry, not that he would've gotten close enough with Julia around. I knew Henry wouldn't want a scene if he got too close.

Julia and I were sitting in the back room by the stage, tossing a ball of yarn across the room when I asked her, "Hey, do you have an extra Pink Ladies jacket?"

"Um...yeah why?"

"I was thinking of giving one to Jon's mom. She loves the musical and she did help me on my jacket."

"That's so cute! I can make you a better one though."

"Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow. It wass only days before we had to leave for Pittsburgh and I wanted to mail the gift before Christmas.

"Of course! As long as you put my name on the card, I'll make you one." I smiled at her.

"Kara! My skirt ripped! A girl yelled running into the room in panic. I jumped off the table I was sitting on and went to work.

---

The show went on with no problem. I passed all my exams and registered for my next semester classes. Julia amazingly finished Mrs. Toewe' jacket in record time and I mailed it out with a nice letter inside the box. And we were both packed and ready to go.

Now we had to wait.

The dorms had closed around 6 on Friday so Julia and I stayed at her house so we could leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow.

It was finally Saturday and we were chilling at her parents house waiting to head to the train station that night.

"Now do you have everything? Toothbrushes? Your clothes? Underwear?"

"Mom! Yes we have everything!" Julia said as her mother went through the list.

"I'm just making sure. Don't want you forgetting anything."

"If we do we'll buy it there." she told her mom. Julia turned to me, "I cannot wait to go!" I smiled and patted her shoulder. Every time I went and check the time on my phone, one a few minutes went by. It was painful.

Buzzzzzz

"I'm about ready to fly to Rochester and pick you up. This is taking forever!!!!!" I laughed at Pat's text, showing it to Julia.

"He's preaching to the choir."

"Give it a few days and you'll want to get rid of us." I text back.

"Never ;) " He replied.

"Alright girls, ready to go?" Julia's dad said coming into the kitchen, picking up his keys. The two of us lept out of our seats and literally through our bags in the car, bouncing with energy.

Once we got to the train station, we said our goodbyes and made sure our luggage got on with us.

Julia and I found our seats and waited as patiently as we could for the train to leave. Soon enough, our tickets were checked and the train departed from the dock. I texted my mom saying we made it on the train and that I'd text her when we got to the hotel.

Julia snuggled into her seat getting comfortable for the long ride. She was soon sleeping soundly leaving me to my iPod and thoughts.

"We're leaving for the station now. I'll text you when we get to the hotel." I text to Jon and Patrick. I tucked my phone away hoping for sleep. So I leaned against the window and closed my eyes.

---

"Kara...carry me to the room."

"Hell no. You can walk to the room." I said to her as we walked into our hotel in Pittsburgh. The time was well past 11pm and both of us were tired from the train ride. Julia went and sat on one of the couches while I went to the front desk and checked us in. I thanked the receptionist and handed Julia her key card. We took the elevator up to the 3rd floor and walked to room 320 right on the end of the hallway. I opened the door and tossed my stuff on the bed closest to the door. Julia on the other hand, dropped everything in her hands and collapsed onto her bed.

"Don't forget to call your mom and my mom." Julia supposedly said but with her face in the pillows it was very easy to understand.

I pulled my phone out and called both our moms first then started to pull my things out for bed. I was in the middle of putting my hair in a bun when my phone rang, "Are you here yet?!"

"You knew it was going to take awhile to get here but yes, we're here." He laughed.

"If it wasn't for this curfew, I'd come down there and see you."

"Didn't think you were one to follow the rules."

"I am when I'm rooming with the Nazi captain." My turn to laugh, "How was your trip?"

"I'm very tired."

"Then you need to get some sleep. We have practice tomorrow morning but I'll come and see you before then so you can come with us."

"Awesome. Can you let Jon know we made it? I don't think I need to call him."

"Haha I can do that."

"How'd your game go the other day?" I asked.

"If you're going to keep talking please leave the room." Julia instructed from the bed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my key, heading to the hallway.

"It was great. We won. I scored and got two assists."

"Congrats. What was the final score?"

"4-2"

"Not bad. How'd Jon do?"

"He did alright. Not as awesome as me but that's expected."

"You're such a good friend Patrick."

"I know. Well I'll let you sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay Pat. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya tomorrow."

After hanging up with Pat, I went back in the room and crawled into bed. As I laid there, butterflies took over in my stomach and I couldn't help but smile at seeing Patrick again.

---

BANG BANG BANG

"What the fuck?" Julia yelled as the obnoxious banging scared us from our sleep. I'm not quite sure how I got out of bed but I did and walked over to the door throwing it open.

"KARA!" Two voices yelled.

"Don't you idiots know what time it is?" Julia asked pulling the covers over her head.

"We just couldn't wait to see you!" Pat continued to yell.

"Ssshhh Patrick. People are still sleeping." I said.

"Yeah, like me!" Julie retorted.

"You guys gotta get up. We leave for practice in an hour." Jon told us.

"And it's breakfast time." Patrick said rubbing his stomach.

"Fine. We'll meet you guys down stairs in a second." I told them and shut the door. I turned around looking between my bed and the bathroom.

To sleep, or not to sleep.

"Come on Julia, we gotta get up."

"No! 15 more minutes!"

"No get up! I'll even let you wear sweatpants." I said digging through my suitcase for a pair of sweats and a shirt. I went into the bathroom, changed and brushed my hair and teeth. When I came back out, Julia was sitting on her bed holding her clothes.

When she finished, we rode the elevator down to the lobby where they had some breakfast food set up. We grabbed a table in the corner and hunched over our bagels and coffee.

"Well don't you two look beautiful." I had stopped Julia from flipping Patrick off.

"We snuck over some food for you guys." Jon said setting the two plates in his hands in front of us.

"Yeah, we saw what they were serving here and knew it sucked."

"Guys, this is Julia. Julia...well you know." She grunted a response before digging into her hot food. "She'll be more awake later." The guys laughed. "So what's the plan?"

"We're gonna get you two a cab so you can watch the practice and after we'll come get you." Jon explained. Julia and I just nodded, mouths full of really good food.

"Tazer! Kaner! Let's go!" Someone called out. Jon waved at the guy.

"Come on ladies. Time for practice." Patrick said. Julia and I went and refilled our coffee as Jon and Pat took our plates back to where ever they were before.

For a December day, it was sunny but lightly snowing. When the wind blew, it gave you chills but the sun warmed your skin.

We stepped to the side as the Chicago team boarded their bus to take them to practice, all of them not noticing us. Jon and Pat were the last two out and instantly found us.

"You're cab is right there. Here's some money to pay him." Pat said handing me a wad of cash.

"Geez Patrick. People are gonna think we're doing a drug deal." I joked. He rolled his eyes.

"We'll see you two are the arena." Our groups went our separate ways and headed towards CONSOL Energy Center.

---

"I love it when they stretch." Julia said. I nodded my head, not taking my eyes off the entire Blackhawks team doing different stretches.

Julia and I picked a spot high enough away from the ice so we didn't have to deal with all the fans or enemies starring right by the glass. The whole time, Patrick or Jon, but mostly Patrick, would look up at us and doing something weird causing the girls in front of us to freak out. Julia and I just laughed.

"Those girls have to be like...15 and they're wearing more make-up now then I've worn in the past month." Julia commented.

"I think that one girl shrunk her shirt one too many times." I said nodding towards a white blonde haired girl, the hem riding up and the neckline going down on her shirt.

"If she's that cold, she should have worn more clothing." Julia said after the girl complained about being cold.

"She's just trying to catch the players attention."

"Yeah? Well she's trying to hard."

"Ahem to that."

At the end of practice, Julia and I stayed where we were not really sure what we were suppose to do. Thankfully Patrick called to help out,"Alright here's what you gotta do...get off your asses."

"You're an ass." I said standing up, Julia following me. We followed his directions none the less and came face to face with a big ol' security guard, "Just tell him that you're with Patrick Kane."

"Yeah Pat, like every other female hasn't used that line before. Just come over here and get us." He let out a dramatic sigh and mumbled something about me being a wuss.

"Yeah? Well you're lazy!" And I hung up.

"His he coming?" Julia asked.

"Probably not...I hung up on him." We stood there waiting for Patrick to show up but he apparently decided to take his precious time. So we are now standing here with this security guy just watching us like we're gonna make a run for it.

"Um...hi...how's it going?" I said hoping maybe he won't look at us weird anymore.

"Good."

"Thats...good. So...any interesting stories of crazy fans?" Instantly, he cracked a smile as if he remembered the funniest times. He proceeded to tell us of this one girl that was literally convinced she was Sidney Crosby's wife, marriage license and all.

"I can't believe people are that crazy. They're just people." I commented.

"Kara!"

"Dear god Kaner, I thought we were gonna have to send Bill in to look for you."

"Who's Bill?" I nodded towards the security guy, "Oh, well Bill, they're with me."

"Okay Mr. Kane. See you around girls." Bill waved as he followed Pat to the locker room.

"Geez Kaner, couldn't shower first?" Julia said, both of us covering our noses.

"You love it!" He gushed wrapping an arm around me. I started gagging.

"Don't kill the poor girl Kaner." Jon said as we approached the lounge outside the locker room. "So how did you girls like practice?"

"It was good. I especially like the cute, little future puck bunnies dry humping the boards when you stood in front of them." Julia answered.

"They didn't do that." Jon said.

"How do you know? Your back was turned."

"Whatever. We need to shower, then we can do whatever you guys want. Just hang here." The boys want back into the locker room, leaving us surrounded by Blackhawk people and some Penguins people.

"I want to go back and see Bill." Julia blurted out. I shrugged and walked back to Bill.

We were chilling with Bill for about a half an hour when Jon and Patrick showed up, "You guys seriously couldn't have waited?" We ignored them and followed them out some secret door to the streets of Pittsburgh. Jon waved down a cab and it drove us back to the hotel. Instead of going all the way to their floor, the guys came back to our room. All of us collapsing on a bed.

"What time is pregame nap?" Julia mumbled.

"3:00." Jon answered.

"I nominate it to change."

"I second it." I said raising my hand.

"To what?"

"To now." We both said.

"But there's a whole city to explore." Pat argued, "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find the sleep button." I answered as I patted his stomach, his chest, his head, and then his mouth which kept him from talking, "Found it."

"At least put on a movie." Jon pushed.

"By my guest." Julia told him. Jon turned on the TV and ordered a movie, which he promised to pay us back for.

I turned on my side so I could see the TV. I felt the spot behind me move and I sunk back as the mattress was pushed down. Patrick's arm came around and rested on my waist, "Just like in Syracuse." He whispered. I smiled at the memory of all the movies we watched together during the summer. How could I forget? It would haunt my dreams; his body pressed against mine, his arm secured around me waist, his thumb battling mine in a childish game of thumb war. Just thinking about it now made me let out a sigh of contentment.

I closed my eyes, totally relaxed. And just like old times, I fell into a peaceful sleep in Patrick's arms.

---

I don't know how long I'd been out, but when I finally woke up Jon and Pat were both gone. I looked up at the bedside clock, the red numbers saying it was 2:45. I looked at my phone. There was a message from Pat, "Hey sorry we had to leave. You looked to peaceful to wake up. I don't know if we'll see you before the game so just use the rest of that cash for the cab fare. Your tickets are at Will Call along with your passes for after the game. I'll see you later Kara :) "

"Good, you're up. I was starting to worry." Julia said walking out of the bathroom.

"I feel so relaxed." I said stretching.

"I'm sure you do." She smirked.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I saw the way you and Kaner were all cuddly. It was cute."

"Shut up."

"Get up whore. I'm hungry and we need to eat before the game." She said smacking me with a pillow. I groaned at her but got up.

---

I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

The Blackhawks and Penguins were scoreless going into the fourth period. And even though we were Hawk fans, the Pens fan were sharing the same amount of frustration as we were.

"Somebody needs to score or I swear to God I'm gonna beat someone up." Julia threatened. The guy next to her took a step to his right, away from Julia.

I don't blame him.

The minutes counted down and we were still with no score. We had plenty of opportunities they just weren't going in.

They need to score and they need to score now!

Down to the final 3 minutes. Both teams were exhausted, frustrated, hungry for blood. The tension between the players was thick. Fights broke out, penalties given. I was sure we were heading into overtime.

Malkin takes a shot at Crawford. The puck bounces off his pads and Seabrook sends it up. The offensive rushing to retrieve it before the Pens defense sends in back in. Jon's the first one too it, carrying it forward. The Pens two defensemen challenging him. Sharp coming up the right giving Jon someone to pass too. Sharpie carries it sending it back to Jon to make a move to the net. The Hawks pass it to one another trying to find a Penguins mistake.

1:14

Jonathan gets the back again and like an answer from the hockey gods, Patrick Kane is open...and right in front of the net.

One pass. One hit. One goal.

1-0 Blackhawks.

Julia and I jumped to our feet screaming as loud as we can over the booing of the Pens fans.

"They'll come back." the guy next to us grumbled.

But sadly, the Penguins didn't. Chicago wins.

We race down to where we met Patrick earlier jumping and cheering, Bill shaking his head at us.

"Come on Bill. It was a good goal." He just rolled his eyes and let us through. We waited in the lounge for the guys to finish up their media and shower stuff. When Patrick and Jon emerged, giant smiles on their faces, Julia and I started cheering.

I wrapped my arms around Pat's neck as he lifted me off the ground, "Congratulations!" And then I hit him.

"What was that for?"

"For waiting until the last possible moment to score." Then I did the same to Jon.

"Love the outfits ladies." Jon said glancing between us.

"You're lucky we didn't come in Sabres gear." Because we were going too. I had to convince Julia not to wear anything Sabres to this game so we settled for Blackhawks stuff. She had on a red Toews shersey and I had a black Kane one. We were totally color coordinated for this game. If it was a Sabres game, we would be sporting the blue and yellow look.

"Hey Jon!"

"Holy cheese and crackers." I said. From down the hall, none other than Sidney Crosby was walking this way. Julia and I both stood there awestruck as he approached.

"Great game guys. Nice goal." He said looking between Jon and Pat.

"You too Sid." Sidney obviously felt the awkwardness in the group as we continued to gaze upon him.

"Hi." He said.

"Holy cheese and crackers." I repeated.

"Sid, these are our friends, Kara and Julia."

"Nice to meet you." I think we said 'nice to meet you too' but from the look on his face, it didn't come out that way.

"They're not usually this weird. We can't get them to shut up sometimes." Patrick joked.

"You're one to talk Mr. Chatty Cathy." I said, breaking from my trance.

"Are you from Chicago?" Sidney asked.

"No, Rochester." I answered.

"They're actually Sabres fans." Pat added.

"That's cool. Well I gotta get going. It was good seeing you guys." Sid said.

"You too. It was good to see you back on the ice again." He smiled and said good bye.

"So...who's ready to party?" Oh Patrick Kane.

---

"Okay...that's the last time we send Patrick Kane to get our drinks." Julia said throwing her hands in the air. As soon as we got to some club in Pittsburgh, we grabbed a table and Pat volunteered to get us drinks...30 minutes ago.

"Maybe there's just a long line or something." I tried to reason.

"He probably found some chick already." Patrick Sharp said from across the table.

"I'll just go get the drinks." Jon said sliding out of the booth and off to the bar.

"So tell me Kara...what is it you see in Kaner?" I furrowed my brow at Sharpie.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you seem to always stick by Kaner's side even when he screws up. You must obviously see something in him to put up with it."

"Pat and I are just friends. I'd do the same for anyone." He answered.

"He talks about you a lot." Corey Crawford said. The rest of the guys at the table started nodding.

"Yeah, sometimes he'll go on and on about you and other times it's a 180 and he won't talk at all." Duncan Keith added.

"What's your secret?" Sharpie joked.

"But Jon's like that too." Corey said. I glanced at all the guys and realized they weren't just making this up. Why would either one of them talk about me? I barely see them, there can't be much to say. I looked over at Julia to see what she thought about this, but all she did was shrug.

"I don't know what you did Kara, but they're wrapped around your finger." Sharpie said just as Jon was coming back with the drinks. I stayed quiet as Jon and the guys talked hockey.

Just as a remix of "Stereo Hearts" came on, Julia nudged me "Let's dance." I nodded and we made our way out of the booth to the dance floor. With Jonathan sitting right beside me, and I mean right beside me, things felt a little weird. Why did the guys have to fill me on Jon and Pat's gossip sessions? Questions about it filled my mind.

"Just forget it Kara." Julia yelled into my ear. I shook my head of the thoughts and closed my eyes. I let the music take over and tell me what to do instead of my brain.

As the music took me away, I didn't even notice a body press tight against me. At this point, I didn't care who was around me. As long as things didn't get too weird, I'm good. I just want to have fun. Plus, with Julia here, she won't let creepers too close.

I was completely into just having fun when the person behind me started to move their hands down my side. I grabbed his hands and put pushed them away, but he kept gripping at me.

"Knock it off or fuck off." I warned.

"Come on baby. You have such a sexy body. I can picture this body bouncing underneath--" I didn't let him finish. I pushed him away but he pulled me back into his chest. His sleek dark looks covered his dark, green eyes. The familiarity of his eyes had me starring.

But it was that smirk that had me struggling.

"The more you keep struggling, the more I get turned on."

"Hey!" The creep was pulled away from me.

"Get your own chick dude. This one's mine!"

"Not if she's my girlfriend!" I starred at Patrick confused. He wrapped his arms around me, "Are you okay?" He asked once the creep left.

"Um...yeah."

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" I shook me head. "Let's get you back to the table." We weaved through the crowd back to the table where Jon and Corey sat.

"What happened?" Jon asked noticing Pat's angry face and my confused one.

"Some fucking creep was hitting on Kara. I wouldn't doubt he's a rapist or something." Pat answered. I sat down next to Jon who put his arm around my shoulders. "Keep an eye on her." Pat instructed and walked off.

"He's not going to do anything stupid, is he?" I asked turning to Jon. He just shrugged and offered me his drink

---

I spent most of the night sitting in the booth with someone on the team. Julia was up and down, dancing with a bunch of guys. If I wanted to go dance, I had to have someone with me. When I told them I didn't need a babysitter, they'd reply, "Sorry, Kaner's orders."

If Kaner cared so much, why wouldn't he just stay with me?

I hadn't seen him since the whole ordeal. There was no major commotion so I know he didn't go back to that guy. Where could he have gone too?

---

"Just go to her." I said to Corey. It was his shift to watch me but he had been starring down this girl the whole night, and sitting with me wasn't helping his chances with her.

"I'm fine."

"You do not need to babysit me. Go and have some fun. I'm gonna look for Pat anyways."

"...You sure?" I nodded, patting his hand. We both got up from the booth and went our separate ways.

As I was making my way down to the bar, Julia spotted me, "Hey, where have you been?"

"I was stuck in the booth with the guys. Pat made sure I had a chaperon. Now I'm going to go find him."

"Um...are you sure?"

"...yeah. Why wouldn't I?" I trailed off as she pointed down the bar.

Patrick Kane's hands were glued to this chicks thigh. He was whispering something in her ear. She bit her lip, smiling about whatever he was saying.

One

For someone who cared that some creep was hitting on me, he's doing a great job giving a fuck now. He'll make his friends watch over me while he's whoring around.

The girl brushed her fingers through his hair, down his neck. Her left hand went to his shirt collar, touching the little bit of his chest that was visible. Patrick brought his right hand around her waist and his left, higher up her and just under the hem of her skirt.

Two

She stood up from her seat on the stool, pressing her body tight against his, obviously leaving no room for Jesus, and his lips came crashing down on hers.

Three

I took off for the door, Julia calling after me, "Kara! Wait up!!" I walked to the curb and realized I had no way of getting back to the hotel, "Kara, what are you doing?"

"I want to go back to the hotel."

"You can't just walk out. You need to tell Jon or Pat that you're leaving."

"Fuck Pat! He's too busy sucking the air out of that slut!"

"Then at least call Jon."

"I don't need a babysitter!" I yelled. I was done. I just want to get out of here.

"Kara, just call Jon." But I didn't budge. I crossed my arms trying to keep warm on this cold December night. Julia let out a frustrated sigh and stormed off back in the club.

I didn't mean to get mad her Julia. None of this was her fault. She's just trying to be my friend and I'm yelling at her. Does she even understand what I'm feeling right now? She knows me better than anyone else. She knows what I've been through. And all I'm doing right now is being a shitty ass friend.

It just doesn't make sense. If he cared enough to stop the creep, why wouldn't he be there with me instead of making his friends do it? I know I sound ridiculous but seriously? He's trying to find a good lay and letting his friends have a bad night.

And what was with the whole "She's my girlfriend" thing? Pretend to be my 'boyfriend' then go find a fuck buddy? The whole thing just pisses me off.

It was well known that Patrick Kane is many things; a partyer, a player, and sometimes a screw up. But I was foolishly convinced that Patrick Kane was a good person, a good friend. That belief is what had me falling for him. But when put in different environments, Patrick Kane is many things.

One the ice: He's tough, hardworking. He wants to win and is determined to reach that goal. He wants to succeed and be the best there is.

In front of the camera: He's shy, conservative about what he does and says. He seems nervous and unsure of what to say at times, so he just beats around the bush.

With his teammates: He's outgoing, the center of attention. He wants to have a good time. He sends off a positive energy that get's everyone smiling and laughing.

At a party: He's drunk and carefree. Savvy with the ladies and determined to have a good night. Drunk or sober, doesn't matter. He can be a man on a mission or he'll just have the ladies come to him.

But with me: He's my best friend.

"What's going on Kara?" I heard Jon's deep voice ask. At that moment, I couldn't stop any of the angry, heart broken tears from falling. "Sshh, it's okay. Come on, let's go back to the hotel." He said, his arms secured around me as he got a taxi.

Fucking Patrick Kane.

---

"Go get cleaned up and I'll be right back." Jon said letting me into my room.

My eyes stung from the hot tears that fell the whole way back from the club. I know I look like a raccoon and it's probably a horrific sight.

I grabbed my pajamas and went to the bathroom, not even bothering looking in the mirror to see my appearance. I stripped down and turned the water on, the hot water overpowering the cold.

I just stood there. The whole scene playing in my head. I kept trying to figure everything out, to figure Patrick Kane out but...I just couldn't. I looked back hoping to find where everything went wrong but it was useless. There's only one conclusion: Somethings wrong with Patrick Kane. I've tried to help him, tried to get him away from those puck sluts and mistakes. I thought he stopped, but just seeing him tonight proves otherwise.

I washed down my body and hair, hoping to scrub away the memories but even as I dried off and put on new clothes...I felt the same. I let my hair air dry and brushed my teeth, praying to just sleep the pain away.

Jon had come back at some point now dressed him sweats and a shirt. He was sitting against the headboard of my bed, TV on softly and providing the only light in the room.

I absentmindedly walked over to my bed and got in, curling up against Jon's side. He secured his arm around me, his thumb stroking my skin softly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head no and he stayed quiet.

We stayed like that just watching whatever we could find on TV this late at night. I felt my eyelids get heavy. But when my eyes finally closed there was only one image that taunted me.

It's going to be a long night...and a long fucking ass week.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! I got this chapter up!! It had been sitting in my drafts for a while and I just had to get it finished. I struggled with ideas so I had to write them out and I was usually in class when I was writing...oops. Oh well, all that matters is that I updated.

I'm sorry if this is kinda confusing. There's quite a bit going on but I promise it will come together.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know my writing isn't the best. I do prefer more dialogue than the expression stuff because it's easier to write. I struggle trying to find the right words to say but none the less, you've stuck with me this far and I couldn't be happier. I'll try to get better at posting but with school work and trying to come up with ideas get's a little hectic.

Thank you so much for reading!

BTW: it may only be preseason, but the Sabres are 2-0...I am happy :D