Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 29

The few days left in my vacation in Chicago came to a fast end and before I knew it I was packing up fro my flight home.

"Do you have to go?"

"Yes Pat, I do." I said with a sigh. Patrick was laying on my bed watching me as I folded and placed my clothes in my suitcase.

"If feels like you just got here." Got that right. And the sad thing was, I didn't know when I'd see him again. His season will be taking off and soon enough playoffs will be here, "You have to promise to come back when school's done."

"I'll try my best Pat." I zipped up my bag and dropped it at the foot of the bed. I crawled onto the bed, laying my head in Patrick's lap, tired from the day. His hand went to my hair, his fingers brushing through the curls.

"Do you think your mom would let you stay a couple more days?" I smiled.

"Probably not."

"What if I called and asked. Tell her that's what I want for Christmas?"

"Then she might think about it. She likes you."

"Because right now that's all I want." I felt my heart swell up at his words. He has no idea how much those words mean to me. Staying with Patrick for a few more days would make my holiday. You could give back all my gifts, I just want to stay right here.

"Kara?"

"Yeah Pat?"

"...I'm...I'm glad you came." I looked up at him, his blue eyes focused down on mine.

"Me too Pat."

Now, if I was going to picture this as a movie, usually the soft music would begin to play in the background, the camera would jump between his face, then mine. And ever so slightly, Patrick would lean down to press his lips against mine in the most romantic way ever. 'MTV Best Kiss Award' worthy of a kiss.

But that's not what happened.

No. Instead there was a knock on the door, "Kara? You might wanna put the news on." Julia said coming into the room with Jon towing behind.

Pat leaned over and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on to a news station, "Right now, the snow is piling up in the north and east coast. Numerous airports have shut down for tomorrow promising the flights to be moved as soon as there's a chance of a breakage in the weather. For now, we advise everyone to remain indoors and if you do go out, keep aware of the slick roads. This will defiantly be a white Christmas for Chicago." The weather man declared. Pictures of heavy snow falling onto the streets flashed by.

"So we're stuck here till the snow stops?" I asked for clarification.

"Looks like Christmas is in Chicago this year." Jon said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You don't mind, do you Jon? We can always stay at a hotel."

"Don't be ridiculous! You're always welcome here."

"Then I guess I need to break the news to my mom." I said grabbing my phone from the bedside table. "Hi mom." I said when she answered. Jon and Julia left as I had dialed my moms number.

"Kara, are you ready to come home tomorrow? You'll need to rest up so we can finish shopping and buy all the food we need for dinner."

"Mom I can't come home tomorrow." I blurted out.

"What do you mean you can't come home tomorrow?"

"They're shutting the airports down and we won't be able to get a flight till the snow clears."

"Well when do you think you'll be back?"

"I'm not sure mom. They didn't say."

"So..so you won't be home for Christmas?" I cold hear the sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry mom but there's nothing I can do."

"I suppose you can't drive."

"Seriously mom?" I rolled my eyes.

"Alright. But we will be skyping you at the party."

"Just text me with a heads up." When my mother said her good-byes, I know she was upset but I can't control the weather.

I heard a chuckle come from behind me, "What's so funny?"

"I just said that all I wanted for Christmas was for you to stay a little longer...and you are. That's crazy!" Pat explained.

"So I guess that means I don't need to give you your gift then." I commented, laying back on the pillows.

"You got me a present?"

"Of course I did! But I guess you don't want it so I can probably return it or--"

"No! I want it! What did you get me?"

"I'm not telling you. You'll have to wait till Christmas."

"Please Kara?" He scooted closer to me, a pout on his face.

"No! It would ruin the whole idea of being a gift."

"I'll tell you what I got you for Christmas." He tried to bribe.

"No Pat. You only have to wait a couple more days. It won't kill you."

"What if it does?"

"Then you can haunt me till the day I die."

"I'm keeping you at that." He promised joining me by the pillows.

"So what do you guys usually do for Christmas?" I asked Patrick.

"Christmas Eve we'll have a team party and Christmas day is really for the families. We might hang out with whatever guys don't have families to spend with."

"That's so cute. So do you have an awesome Christmas sweater to wear?" I joked.

"You mean like those goofy ass sweaters with the blinking lights and dancing reindeer?"

"Of course! Are there any other kinds of Christmas sweaters?"

"No, I do not have one."

"I think you should wear one. It would be so cute."

"I'll wear one if you tell me what you got me for Christmas." That is a very good bargain. To see Patrick Kane in a goofy Christmas sweater would make everything ten times better. But then I'd have to tell him what I got him for Christmas...hmm....

"Alright deal. I'll tell you what I got you and you have to wear the Christmas sweater of my choosing." He tilted his head, deep in thought like he was trying to figure out if it was worth it.

"Fine, I'll do it. Now what did you get me?"

"I got you a cute little teddy bear to snuggle with just in case Jon doesn't want too." Pat's jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?"

"I'm 100% serious. I even named him Little Peek-A-Boo just for you."

"You have got to be kidding."

"I kid you not. It's funny because the bear...looks just like you! And now you get to wear a awesome Christmas sweater! Best Christmas ever!!" I cheered as Pat buried his face into the pillows. I so can't wait for Christmas. "I'll go looking for it tomorrow so you have it to show all of your friends!"

"You're going to make me wear it at the Christmas party? That's mean!!" He whined.

"You made your bed now you must lie in it."

"Can I at least come with you when you get the sweater?"

"Absolutely not! Do you not trust me?"

"Not right now I don't. All I'm picturing is ruffles and lights and bright colors."

"Funny...so am I." I said with a smiled. Patrick let out a frustrated.

"You're killing me smalls." He mumbled. I just laughed at him and couldn't wait for tomorrow.

---

The next morning, I filled Julia in on my evil plan and she was on board. Luckily we were able to get Jon to drive us around while Pat went back to his place for whatever.

"Where to ladies?" Jon asked turning his car on and pulling out of his parking spot.

"A thrift store. They'll have the best ones." I answered. Jon just shook his head and laughed, probably thinking he was lucky not to be in Patrick's shoes.

We stopped at several stores, most of them having some really good ones but nothing that was 'that' good.

"If we can't find on at this place, we'll just buy whatever is decent." I told them walking into another store. The three of us separated, searching the many clothes racks.

I was probably on the fifth rack, pushing the hangers to the left as I dubbed the sweaters not worthy until, like a gift from God. There it was. The sweater that Patrick Kane will wear tomorrow, "Guys...I found it." I called out to Jon and Julia. Both came over to me and looked down that the sweater, evil smirks growing on their lips, matching mine.

"You can't get any better than that." Jon said. Julia and I nodded. I took the sweater off the rack and walked over to the cashier only paying $5 for this wonderful sweater.

---

December 23rd flew by fast....thank god because I couldn't wait to see Patrick in his sweater!

I was finishing up with my hair when Julia came into the bathroom, "Well don't you look cute." I glanced down at my, what I thought was simple, outfit; black skinny jeans, a dark red sweater and a black belt around my waist. And my black heeled boots to give me a couple more inches to my short height.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I replied nodding at Julia's skinny jeans and flowly, cream colored top. Julia's hair was pulled back into a side braid with little curls framing her face. My hair was pulled back into big curls.

"Are the boys ready?" I asked her, spraying my hair so it'll stay in its curls.

"Yeah. Pat's been asking about this sweater he's gotta wear. Jon just sits there and laughs."

"Is Pat wearing what I told him to wear?" She nodded. "Good. This is going to be great!" I squealed. We took one last look at ourselves in the mirror and left for the front door.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw Pat dressed in a pair of jeans, a white button down shirt, and a pink bow tie I picked up for him to match his sweater. He looked like he was in pain and he hadn't even put the sweater on yet.

"How handsome." I said nodding at the boys. Jon looked comfortable in his jeans and red pull over.

"Can we just get this over with? I was having nightmares about this sweater." Pat complained. That evil smirk of mine appeared. I shrugged and went back to my room to grab the famous Christmas sweater.

As soon as Pat saw me, his eyes went to the bunched sweater in my hands. I stopped in front of him and spread the sweater out for him to see. He let out a mix of a groan and a laugh. "At least the pink bow tie makes sense."

Patrick examined his new sweater, taking in the green, blue, red, and pink stripes on the end of the sleeves. Green Christmas trees were the main patterns on the black knitting. But it wasn't the colors or the trees that made the sweater funny. It was the snowman that peaked out on the right side of the sweater as if it was hiding inside it.

I held it up so Pat could slip it on. The knitting was tight against his frame making the sweater a bit small for him. The sleeves rode up against his forearms and as I went to button the sweater together, it pulled like it wanted to rip open, "You look good kid."

"I can't believe you're doing this to me."

"You could have been patient but you chose not to be. No stop your whining and let's go. I can't wait to show this sweater off to your teammates." I teased, putting on my own coat and following Jon and Julia out the door.

We arrived at the Sharp's household a few minutes later, "Merry Christmas!" Patrick Sharp greeted as he opened the door for us. They guys gave their man hugs and Sharpie kissed Julia's and my cheeks. He took our coats and hung them up in the closet.

Once Pat took his jacket off, Sharpie's laugh over powered the house. Those that were already here, quieted down after hearing him, "Kaner...what the hell?" He said in between laughs.

"He made a deal with the wrong person." I informed him.

"You did that?" I nodded. Sharpie gave me a big hug, "I'm so proud of you. Guys, you gotta see Kaner's sweater! It's fuckin' ridiculous!!" Sharpie announced, dragging Pat into the living room. A burst of laughter erupted from those in the other room.

"Shut the fuck up." I heard Patrick reply to his laughing teammates.

"Kara is that you?" I heard Abby yell from the kitchen. Julia and I went and joined her. Some of the other WAG's that I kinda recognized were there as well, sipping on glasses of wine. Abby was just putting a ham into the oven when we got there.

"What did Kaner do now?" She asked, obviously hearing her husband.

"He couldn't wait a couple days to find out his Christmas present." I answered smiling at the very pregnant wife. She laughed.

"Maybe once I see it, I'll laugh so hard this baby will pop out." She said, rubbing her baby belly. Usually when I saw Abby, she was sporting a very large Sharp jersey one that, when looking straight at her, you might not really see the belly. But now in her light maternity sweater, she was about ready to pop.

Abby poured Julia and I a glass of wine and the conversation was casual between all of the WAG's and us. Most of them talked about the upcoming road trip after the holidays, the events that the players had for the new season, and the Stanley Cup playoffs, "Can you imagine a Cup win two years after we won it the last time." One WAG said.

"That's just what the boys need, an ego boost. But it would be amazing." One joked.

"We defiantly need to do something for them. We should take a section at the games and wear their jerseys."

"That's a great idea! The boys would love that. Having all the women and children there in their jerseys." They went on and on about the plans for playoffs while Julia and I glanced between each other, feeling a tad left out.

Could you blame us though? We're not part of the WAG's. We're just friends with the guys. Plus we'll have finals and who knows about the internships we have after school. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be there cheering for the Hawks, but I might have school or a job. These ladies live here with them. They can go to the home games. I'm lucky if I can watch it on TV.

"You two are always welcome to come. I'm sure we can get you some seats." Someone said to Julia and I. We just smiled and nodded. I glanced at Abby. From the look on her face, she knew what was going through my mind and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Come on ladies! Let's open some presents!" A voice yelled out from the living room. All of us filed out and joined the boys in the living room, taking a spot near our significant other, or in our case, friends.

The guys went around and gave each other their little gifts. Most of them were gag gifts that had my sides splitting. The WAG's gave each other their gifts, some apologizing for not getting Julia and I anything. We told them not to worry about since technically we were suppose to be home right now.

When presents ended, dinner was served. Abby had set up several tables for people to sit at. Each table held multiple bowls of food from veggies to gravy. The boys were defiantly lucky they didn't have practice tomorrow because I'm sure none of them would be able to move after the meal Abby had set out for us.

And what a meal it was. I had two helpings of pretty much everything. I'm sure I won't be able to eat for a couple days, I was that full.

As dessert was being passed around, conversation continued amongst the tables, "So Kara, when are you headed home?" Sharpie asked.

"Whenever the airports open again."

"That's too bad you have to leave. Kaner here is finally doing good. You must be his lucky charm." He teased. The guys let out a chorus of 'aws' but I just smiled.

"Patrick has been doing just fine without me here." I defended. Pat smiled and put his arm around the back of my chair.

"We might have to keep you hostage if he keeps playing like this." Brent added.

"I don't think my mom will approve of that plan. I already broke her heart not being home today."

"But you've helped this Grinch's heart grow three sizes being here." I looked down at the apple pie I was trying to eat. I knew my cheeks had gotten hot at just the thought that Patrick cared for me more than a friend. But I'm not about to spoil my evening with fantasy.

Because the ladies had cooked and served the meals, the boys were in charge of clean up. Julia and I took a seat next to the warm fireplace while the WAG's sat on the couched and chairs, waiting for their men to join them.

More wine was passed around and stories of the past were told between the players and the WAG's. I just sat intently, listening to everyone joke around.

I gazed around the room noting the smiles on everyone's faces, whether it was the story being told or the thought of being with their loved one was the cause. When my eyes ended at Julia and Jon, I saw that she was leaning into his shoulder, his arm behind her, supporting himself as he leaned back. It might have looked innocent but when I saw the glint in my friends eyes I knew it was more than just innocence.

Patrick was to my right, out backs resting against the wall next to the fireplace.

If a stranger walked in and looked over the room, they could easily point out the odd couple here. All of the guys had their arms around their girl. Pat and I...just a simple shoulder touch.

Maybe it's my own fault. Maybe I'm not as obvious in displaying my feelings for Patrick. But I was never one to be so straight forward, I mean, I don't know what he's thinking. I could make a fool of myself and end up heartbroken if he didn't have similar feelings for me.

I had been in my own little world long enough not to notice that everyone got up to pull out the heavy drinks and put on some Christmas music.

Pat remained at my side, a content look on his face as he watched his friends have a good time. Then he turned to me, "Having fun?"

"Of course," I said smiling, "You in that sweater just makes everything better though."

"I think I'm starting to warm up to it. It makes my muscles look bigger." He said, flexing his arms. I just laughed and rolled my eyes. "So I couldn't wait to give this to you but I wasn't sure when I should." He said, the conversation changing. From beside him, he pulled out a small box tied together in a green ribbon, a red bow on top. He handed it to me and watched my face as I pulled the bow off and stuck it to his head. I pulled the green ribbon off and slowly opened the bow. Inside was a thin, golden necklace with two charms on the end of it; one was a small, gold whistle, engraved on the side read Lifecoach. The second charm was a red 88.

"Pat...I love it." I said, smiling up at him. He seemed to let out a sigh he was holding in.

"Kara, you've changed me from my party boy ways since the first day I met you. I'm mean, yeah, there were a couple times I might have gone out, but I always remembered what my lifecoach told me. Without you, I don't know where I'd be." He said. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as his spoke.

I pulled out the necklace and hooking it around my neck, the whistle and number hanging down my neck, "Thank you so much Pat." And without completely thinking it through, I kissed him on his cheek. Both of us darkened.

"I guess this means I need to give you your gift." I said trying to break the silence between us.

"I can not wait to see the present that made me wear this sweater."

"The only thing is, you'll have to wait till we get back to Jon's. It's hidden under the bed."

"It was under the bed? How did I not look under there?!" He complained throwing his hands in the air.

"Patrick Kane, did you go snooping in my room?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"Maybe a little." He mumbled. I gave him my best mad look and smack his arm.

"Now I don't think I should give you the present."

"No Kara! I'm sorry! Please forgive me!!" He begged, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'll have to think about it. You'll have to be nice to me forever."

"I promise to always be nice to you." He said and then...he kissed my cheek. You know how I said I was so full from dinner? Well now all that was in there were butterflies.

"That had to be the cutest thing I've ever seen." Pat and I looked up to see Abby there with a camera. "I promise to send you the picture." She said before walking off. Pat just let out a laugh and stood up, offering his hand to me.

"Come on, let's go have some fun."

---

I almost didn't want the night to end...but I'm so tired!

After Pat gave me my present, we were constantly moving; dancing, socializing, trying to get Jon and Julia under the mistletoe. It was a rough night!

It was a successful night nonetheless. I got to know the guys a little better and some of the WAG's. I didn't get too tipsy, I at least remember everything. And when we trapped Jon and Julia under the mistletoe, Jon turned as red as his sweater. It was great!

We were now back at Jon's place. Patrick and I changed into our pajamas and we laid down to watch A Year Without A Santa Clause.

"Hey!" Pat yelled, sitting straight up, turning to me, "What about my present?"

"Oh that's right, your present...I don't have it."

"What?! You don't have it?! You tricked me into wearing that fucking sweater?!" He was now on his knees facing me, hands on his hips.

"You don't know me at all Patrick." And before I had time to react, he pulled my ankles towards him and attacked my sides. I tried kicking him away but, "Oh my god Patrick! You way a thousand pounds!"

"Now you're saying I'm fat?! You're just asking for it little girl! Now are you going to give me my present or not?" He said still tickling my sides.

"Yes! I'll give you the present!" I said surrendering. If I didn't I might've peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

Pat got up and sat back as I collected myself. I rolled off the bed and pulled out the Christmas bag from under the bed. Pat practically ripped my hands off taking it from me. He tore into it, throwing the tissue paper over his shoulder.

The childish smile began to fade into a confused frown as he pulled out his gift, "You put him in a Sabres uniform?" He asked holding the cute teddy bear up. I couldn't help but laugh as he held the Build-A-Bear dressed in a Sabres uniform.

"Rochester didn't exactly have Chicago Blackhawks attire."

"But he's named after me! Why is he in Sabres gear?"

"So you can remember me when you see him." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You gave me a Sabres bear?" I don't know what's so confusing about this.

"Well if I put a Hawks uniform on his, you wouldn't think of me."

"Kara...you gave me a Sabres bear!"

"Oh calm down, I bought a Hawks jersey too." I said nodding at the bag. He searched the bag and pulled out the little Blackhawks jersey with Kane 88 on the back of it.

"Now that's what I'm talking about."

"You should look at the birth certificate." I told him. He pulled out the piece of paper and read through it, "Little Peek-A-Boo, blonde fur, blue eyes. Made by Kara Harrison for Patrick Kane...I feel like a father." He joked.

"You better take good care of him. He's too young to be going out so make sure he's in bed by 8:00." I instructed. Pat just smiled and cleaned his mess, "I actually have one more present for you." I told him, handing him a square package. Hidden in the wrapping paper was a CD case, "Julia helped me make it. It's a little slide show with all our pictures on it. I've got a copy on my computer." Pat set the case in the Christmas bag and scooted over to me, wrapping me in a hug, "Thanks Kara. I love my gifts."

"Worth the Christmas sweater?"

"Defiantly. I also have a gift for you." He said grabbing something beside the bed. It was a rectangle like box and inside were pins. There were 34 pins all together; 17 cities, 17 teams, "I remember you told me you collected them. I still need to get a few more but I wanted to give you these." He told me.

"Pat this is awesome. Thank you so much!" He smiled.

I put the pins on the nightstand and snuggled under the covers, Pat following my suit, "Don't forget Little Peek-A-Boo!" Patrick rolled his eyes but put the teddy bear between the two of us.

Patrick put his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him. I rested my head against his chest, my hands playing with his fingers.

"Merry Christmas Kara." Pat whispered.

"Merry Christmas Patrick."

---

On Christmas morning I woke up before Patrick and snuck out to make everyone breakfast.

The smell of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, crescent rolls, and coffee filled the air, awakening the sleeping bodies, "Good morning everyone!" I said when they walked into the kitchen, sitting at the island where the food was set up.

"This smells great Kara." Jon said piling pancakes onto his plate. Everyone nodded and started eating their Christmas breakfast.

After we cleaned up the kitchen, the four of us sat around the make shift Christmas tree Julia and I convince Jon to buy, and handed out presents.

I gave Julia her gift first; a Derek Roy jersey she always asked for but never got and a Visa card to spend anywhere.

Julia gave me a shit load of Sabres merchandise, from posters to stick on tattoos. I'm not sure if she was really buying them for me or for both of us.

I handed Jon his bag of goodies. The first thing he pulled out was a stress ball, "It's to help your seriousness. You need to calm down." I teased. Next, was a Nazareth t-shirt since I was convinced all he had, had the Blackhawk logo on it. There was also a CD simialr to Pat's but it had pictures from my Winnipeg trip on it. The last thing was a Buffalo Sabres key chain that he HAD to use, "And I will find out if you don't use it." I warned.

Jon just laughed and handed me a legit Chicago Blackhawks Christmas bag, "You've got to be kidding me...they make these?" I asked holding up the bag. Jon just rolled his eyes.

"Just open it."

I open the bag and I see a small card for $100 to Jo~Ann Fabrics, "Part of that is from my parents." He explained.

"Remind me to call your parents and thank them."

I set the card aside and continued with my gift. The next thing I saw was a giant 19, a black scribble on the white 1, "You would get me a Toews jersey. You're such a loser." I said with a smile.

"There's too much blue in your wardrobe. A little red will do it some good."

Next, I pulled out a poster with the entire Blackhawks team on it with a bunch of signatures. Then there was a fleece Blackhawk blanket, a pair of Hawk sweatpants, and then a small gold charm bracelet with two charms on it; the Blackhawks logo next to a 19 dangling from the links.

"Talk about a Blackhawk Christmas, but thank you Jon. I loved everything." Jon smiled and handed Julia a simialr bag to mine.

She also got a signed Toews jersey and the same bracelet as mine. Pat had given her a crap load of Blackhawk clothes and knick knacks, "'Cuz I kow how much of a Hawks fan you are." He teased.

Julia's gift to Pat and Jon was their own goody bag of Sabres things. Funny how they all thought alike.

"We have one more gift for you two." Pat said nodding at Jon who grabbed something from under the tree. He handed each of us an envelop with our names on it. Inside was a note.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked my eyes widening as I read the words on the paper over again.

"We want both of you there at playoff time." Jon said.

"But since it's too early to but tickets, we wanted to let you know that you'll have a ticket for every game you can make during playoffs." Pat added. I was too stunned to speak.

"Guys...this is...incredible." Julia was able to say.

"It's from all of the guys. They consider you family and they want you there as much as we do." Patrick said. Both of us jumped up from where we were sitting and attacked them with hugs. Then we hugged each other, jumping in a circle as we yelled with excitement.

Going on five minutes of cheering and jumping, I heard the Skype ring from down the hall, "Oh shit!" I said running down the hall.

"Merry Christmas Kara."

"Merry Christmas dad." I said with a smile.

I talked to my dad about my time in Chicago, having to explain as easily as I could why I was here in the first place and all the things Julia and I saw. He told me that he talked to my mom and she wasn't too happy about me not being home but because of the weather, I was slightly off the hook. He told me about his time over seas and how they celebrated their Christmas.

Part way through the conversation, Julia came into say hello. My dad had met her a few times before he left and she was usually there when I skyped him in the dorm.

My time with my dad was short so we said our good-byes. Just as I was setting the laptop aside, Jon knocked on the door, a phone pressed to his ear, "Yeah mom she's right here. Yea, hold on." He pulled the phone away and put it on speaker phone, signaling that I could hear her, "Kara dear, I love the jacket! That was so sweet!"

"It was no problem Mrs. Toews."

"You'll have to thank your friend Julia for me too."

"You're welcome Mrs. Toews!" Julia said.

"Oh she's there too? Well thank you Julia. It looks beautiful."

"My pleasure."

"So how is your Christmas going? I hope the boys are treating you well."

"They are. They showed us around Chicago and everything. Perfect gentlemen." I replied.

"Good, because if they weren't, Jon won't get his presents." She threatened. The look on Jon's face had both Julia and I cracking up. If there is one weakness a hockey player has, it's his mom.

"Well I'll let all of you go and celebrate. Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas Mrs. Toews!" Julia and I yelled.

"Merry Christmas mom. Love you." Jon said into the phone before he hung up. We just looked at him and let out a loud and long 'AW!' which he just waved off and walked away too.

Everyone got ready for the day. When Pat returned from his place, he opted not to wear his Christmas sweater again, "One day was enough." Was all he said.

It was nearing the afternoon, so Julia and I volunteered to cook a nice lunch for when the boys come over. Because of the traditional Christmas dinner last night, we decided some pasta would be a good meal.

Julia was cooking the pieces of chicken while I cooked the pasta and cut the needed vegetables. The boys deemed their cooking skills not good enough to help so they were playing whatever video made them yell the loudest. You would think they're actually fighting in there.

Half way through the cooking process, there was a knock, "Boys! Get the door!" I yelled.

"Can't! Playing game!"

"If you don't answer that door, you won't eat today!" I threatened. From the other room you heard silence for a couple minutes and then someone decided to get up and answer the door. Happy voices filled the apartment as some of the guys walked in.

"Kara! The guys are here!"

"Thanks, I hadn't noticed!" I tried yelling over the crowd of men. Some of the guys came into the kitchen to say hello(and see what was cooking) and other went straight to the living room to join in whatever game Jon and Pat were playing.

"Merry Christmas Kara." Corey said from behind me. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "This is for you." He said handing me a bundle of wrapping paper. I set it on a clean spot on the counter and opened it, a signed Crawford jersey hiding under the paper.

"Aw, thank you Corey." I gave him a hug and went to put the jersey in my room. While there my phone buzzed. A message from my brother telling my to get my ass on skype. I did as I was told and called my mom, "Merry Christmas everyone!" My family responded and began asking multiple questions about Chicago, my holiday, why I was there, and my friends.

"We put all of your presents under the tree for you." My grandmother informed.

"I told them that if she really wanted them, she'd be here." Mom added.

"If I could control the weather, I'd be home mom."

"I know, I know."

"Hey Kara, Julia needs your help in the kitchen." Pat said, poking his head through the door.

"Why don't you help her?"

"Because I don't know what I'm doing." He answered and I rolled my eyes.

"Kara, who's there?"

"It's just Patrick." I grumbled.

"Patrick? Merry Christmas Patrick!" My mom said, now happier. Pat slowly made his way over to the computer and sat beside me, waving at everyone on the other side.

"Pat this is my family. Family, meet Pat." Everyone waved to each other. "Mom, I need to get going. Julia needs help cooking. I'll see everyone later. Merry Christmas."

---

For the rest of the day, we ate, drank, and was merry. When lunch was done, we sat around and played video games. What better way to spend Christmas then killing your friends virtually?

We had a late dinner because of our late lunch but we decided to go out to eat than stay in and cook some more. There was no moment when I wasn't laughing or enjoying a funny story. Everything just felt right being here. But as I glanced at the time on my phone, I knew the day would come to an end and I'd be on my way back home, back to school, and back to reality.

I felt vulnerable not knowing what's going to happen once I'm back in New York. I had gotten some of the guys' numbers, promising to stay in contact with them through the season, as long as they did the same. But I was more worried about what things would be like between Patrick and I. I don't exactly know how he acted when I was away but I was worried that once I leave, he'll go back to his usual way, drinking and sleeping around. Some of the guys had told me that he's changed but what's the excuse for those moments when he didn't, those moments I would get a drunk phone call or text or situations like back in Pittsburgh?

I'm making a bigger fuss than I should be. There's nothing going on between me and Pat. He can do whatever he wants. Who am I to tell him what to do? I'm just a 19 year old college student. He's a 23 year old professional athlete. It's his life, whether I want to be in it or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew! Super long chapter and I apologize. I just wanted to get the holidays out of the way so I can move on. I do hope you enjoyed it though.

Here is the wonderful Christmas sweater that Patrick had to wear. I thought I should share it with you.
http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/2008/12/fugly-ass-christmas-sweaters-of-day.html

It's the first sweater you see. I thought that one was not only adorable but pretty weird. A good combo for Kaner.

Thank you everyone that reads, subscribes, and comments. It defiantly makes my day. I promise to get on the next chapter soon but with school work, Sabres games, and Amerks games...I'm pretty swamped! Haha just kidding, but bare with me and I'll get you the chapters ASAP. Thanks!

Let's Go Buffalo!!