Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 34

"Kara you can't run away from me again! I want to fix this!" I couldn't let her go again. She's left me standing like an asshole too many times and I'm not letting it happen again.

I ignored the people calling my name and ran after Kara, stopping her from getting too far.

"Let me go Pat. I need to leave."

"Why won't you just let me fix this? I want this to work."

"It can't. We have two different lives. It won't work."

"We'll make it work! I'll do anything to make this work! Why can't you just accept the fact that you need me and I need you? You know when we're together, we're inseparable. And when we're not together we always talk. We're good for each other, you can't deny that. Please...help me fix this. I like you Kara, more than anyone I've ever been with. You mean the world to me. You're my best friend, more than Tazer." The corner of her lips turned up. She's giving in. She laughed at my joke, "I can't let you walk out of my life anymore because I promise, I will follow you no matter where you go. Where ever you go, I'll always be there. You can't get rid of me that easily."

"Kaner let's go!" Jon called out from behind me.

"Go" Kara said softly.

"Not until you tell me this will work out." I wrapped my arms around her, soaking in every second of her being close. She hesitated in response but when she wrapped her arms around me, it wasn't as tightly as how I was holding her, "I don't want to lose you Kara Harrison."

"Let me think about it Pat." She answered pulling back from me, "I need time to think. And with all of this baby stuff--"

"I understand. Please stay in my life Kara. Please stay in touch." I begged her.

"I promise. Now go. You and the team need your rest." I smiled down at her. I pushed a strand of hair away from her beautiful face.

Just one. Just do it before you lose any chances.

So I leaned i and kissed her again. The same spark from before sent chills down my spine. Her kiss will be a drug to me. Having the feel of her lips against mine will help me survive. I don't know when I'll see he again but when I do, everything will be complete. And I'll never let her go.

---

Game 6 ended with a lost for us, tying up the series. It all came down to Game 7.

The guys on the team were 100% focused and ready fro this game but walking into the United Center for the final game, you knew the Sabres were just as ready.

Lacing up my skates, I couldn't help wish Kara was here telling me I was going to play great and joke around with me. But I knew there was no way she'd be here.

I reached into my bag to get my tape when I hit something else. When my hands grazed the surface, I knew what it was before I even saw it. So I pulled it out and glanced at the city skyline on the front. Detroit, Michigan below the city. I flipped the card over to see small, neatly written words scribbled across the back.

Tough loss. You played great. Good luck next game. I'll be cheering for you. Love, KH

Kara had sent me a postcard while I was in Buffalo. I had gotten it when I returned home. I remember just wanting a hard drink to help me get through the night, but when I found the postcard, everything was better. I reread the words over and over again. She might not have been in Chicago with me, but she was...in my heart.

"Let's go boys! Let's kick some ass!!" Jon called.

I took one last glance at her words, kissed the KH], and headed for the biggest game of my life.

--------------------------------------------------

I stood in front of the TV jumping up and down with excitement. I couldn't believe it, they won the Stanley Cup! I hugged Dom beside me and then everyone else around. Honestly, I regret not being there. It was an amazing game and if I could, I'd give both teams the Cup but only one could win. The guys must be extremely happy. I can only imagine what they're going through.

"You know, you shouldn't be cheering. The people of Buffalo might hang you for cheering for the other team." Dominic joked.

"But I'm so happy for Chicago! And I'm so sad for Buffalo!!" I whined. I clapped my hands together as I watched the NHL organization set up the table for the Stanley Cup.

I watched as Corey Crawford accepted the Conn Smythe, taking pictures with it before joining his team.

Jonathan Toews, it is my honor to present to you and the Chicago Blackhawks team with the 2012 Stanley Cup trophy. Congratulations to the Chicago team, the coaches, and the fans.

I watched as Jon skated up to the small table, flashes from the cameras capturing the moments. And then Jon was handed one of the most coveted awards in sports history.

"Are you crying?" Dom asked as he watched me stare intently at the screen. I wiped away a small tear that escaped.

"They're tears of joy and sadness. I can't help it!"

The Cup was passed around and kissed by every player on the team. Jon was interviewed, along with Corey. I watched carefully to make sure I didn't miss seeing Patrick holding the Cup.

"Alright everyone, settle down. We don't need a scene." Veronica warned us. Everyone sort of quieted down but we were just so happy. Even random people were celebrating with us. Dom and I continued to watch the celebration and saw each other the players get handed the Cup.

"Hey look...its that Julia?" Dom said pointing at the TV. I looked back at the TV and spotted Julia standing on the ice hugging the boys in the corner of the TV screen. But what I saw had my mouth dropping to the floor.

Jon had skated over to Julia and hugged her, both with giant smiles on their faces. When they pulled away, Jon said something to her but Julia's reaction to whatever he said wasn't a smile, but more of a confused expression. Then Jon started waving his hands around like he was trying to make sense of something but Julia cut him off...by kissing him. I stayed stunned as Dom was laughing his ass off at Jon's reaction to the kiss; taken back then accepting.

"Did that seriously just happen?" Dom said. I immediately whipped out my phone, dropping it in the process, and dialing Julia's number.

Others besides Dom and I noticed this intimate moment with the Captain of the Blackhawks because several cameras were now on them. My eyes were glued to my two friends just making out on national TV until they finally pulled away because Julia realized her phone was going off, "Hello?"

"What the hell was that all about?" She glanced around her and just realized cameras surrounded them. She dropped her head against Jon's chest.

"Oh my god."

"You got that right missy!" I said back, "I'm watching you right now on TV." I told her.

"She said she's watching us on TV." I heard her tell Jon. Both turned to the closest camera and waved, "Hi Kara!" They yelled.

"I am so waving back to you right now, it's not funny!" I told them. They laughed and waved as goofy-like back. "I really wish I could be there guys!"

"Where are you now?" Jon shouted into the phone.

"I just got to the airport in Chicago for my layover. We're heading to Minneapolis in a few hours." I answered.

"You should be here celebrating then! They would've let you in to the locker room!" Jon said.

"I'm sorry! When I see you guys again, we'll have our own special party with the team. I promise." I said. While Jon and Julia were talking to me on the phone, 88 skated up to Jon, hugging him and Julia.

"Kaner say hi to Kara." I heard Jon say over the phone. But it was Patrick's expression I watched on TV. He took the phone from Julia.

"Kara?"

"Congratulations!!!" I yelled into the phone.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in O'Hara right now. The game was on every TV here."

"You're in Chicago? For how long?"

"A couple hours." I saw him shove the phone back at Jon and skate away off the ice.

"What the hell was that about?" Julia asked me.

"I don't know."

"Strange boy. Look, we gotta go. I promise to call later. Text me when you land." Julia said.

"Will do. Give everyone a big ass hug for me, especially Corey." Julia promised me she would and I hung up.

I sat back in the terminal chair, tired from all of the jumping and screaming I was doing the past two hours. I was happy and I wasn't. My favorite team had come so close to their first Stanley Cup and lost. That's sad stuff right there, but my friends just won their second Cup in two years. That's fucking amazing.

"It would've been so awesome to be there. I bet you would've been the first person Kaner hugs." Dom said taking his terminal seat next to me. I laid my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"I doubt that. He's got the whole team to be hugging."

"Besides them, you'd be the first. I even bet he would've taken you in his arms and laid a big one on you like Julia did with Jonny boy."

"I highly doubt that." I said smiling. But I wouldn't of minded.

"Oo what if he just showed up here and laid a big one in front of everyone in the airport? What would you do?"

"Dominic, that's ridiculous. He's going to be partying with the team and all that."

"So? But what if he did, what would you do?"

"I don't know...kiss him back?"

"If something like that ever happened, I'm video taping it and putting it all over the internet."

"Whatever you say Dom. Now shut up. I want to sleep before we have to get on the plane."

---

"Kara, they will not let me carry you onto the plane, so get your ass up!" Dominic said, shaking me from my nap. I got off of him and stretched out. My phone indicated that I slept for about an hour and a half and it was now time to get on the plane.

"Make sure you have your tickets out. We don't want a similar incident when we were in Cleveland." Veronica said, walking by all of us. I stood up and straightened my stiff back out then tossed my bag over my shoulder. The cast and crew headed toward the appropriate gate to board the plane and as I was about to join them someone called out, "Kara!" I stopped and turned around, searching the crowd for the person that called my name.

At first I was expecting someone from the show getting my attention. What I wasn't expecting was the very blue eyed, blonde mullet I think about every day to be jogging towards me.

Patrick Kane was dressed in his suit pants and button down shirt, sleeves rolled to the elbows, his tie loose around his neck out of discomfort, and he was breathing fair heavy.

I couldn't stop starring at him as he got closer and closer to me, "Pat, what are you doing here?" I asked but he didn't answer. Instead he grabbed my face and pulled me towards him, crashing his lips onto mine in a powerful kiss. I dropped my bag to the floor and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands gripped my waist so he could lift me off the ground and spin me around.

Because of our lack of air, we pulled away.

"Kara...we won."

"I know. I'm so proud of you." He leaned down and kissed me again.

"Kara" Pat whispered, his forehead resting against mine "I love you." I pulled my head away from his to look him straight in the eyes. He did not just say what I think he just said.

"What?"

"I love you Kara Harrison. I always have and I was too blind to see it. You never know what you have till it's gone and I can honestly say I never, ever want to experience that feeling again. I want to be with you, more than anything. I can't live without knowing that you'll always be by my side, that you'll be there when I need you and you for me. I might have just won the Stanley Cup an hour ago but if you say you'll be my girlfriend, I will seriously be the happiest man on earth right now. Stanley Cup who?"

Did Patrick Kane just proclaim his love for me? In an airport? On the day he won the Stanley Cup?

"Kara I love you. Please, be my girlfriend?"

Oh my god he did.

"I love you too Pat." His smile literally took up his entire face before he kissed me again. Applause from around us erupted and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I told you I'd get it on tape!" Dominic yelled out, his phone recording everything that just happened. That boy might be psychic because everything he said just came true...freaky...but fan-fucking-tastic!

"I wish you could stay, just for a couple more days." Patrick said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"I'm sure we can last a couple days without Kara." I snapped my head to the left to see Veronica, Charlie, and Julian all watching us with smirks on their faces.

"We'll give you a break but you have to be in Dallas in a week." Charlie said. I starred at them dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?"

"You deserve a break. Just be ready to work when you get back." He answered. I ran over and hugged them quickly.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!"

"You're welcome. Now go get your luggage so it doesn't come with us." I gave them one last smile and took Pat's hand as we walked to the airport services.

As we waited for them to bring my luggage back, my phone vibrated, Thought you might want to see what everyone else saw ;) It read with the video he took of Patrick and I. Pat watched it over my shoulder, kissing my cheek when we saw our moment.

"You have seriously made me the happiest man in the world right now." Pat whispered into my ear.

"And you made me the happiest woman in the universe."

"Not possible. I'm pretty sure I'm beyond happy right now." He argued, a smirk on his face.

"Happy doesn't even describe how I'm feeling."

"Don't fight with me Kara. I am happier. Deal with it." He fought back.

"Okay, okay. How 'bout we be equally happy?" I compromised. He tilted his head to the side in thought.

"I suppose I can do that."

When my luggage was brought to me, we bolted out of the airport and drove to where ever the team was celebrating. Everyone was shocked that I was there. But I didn't have to explain the story to them. It was pretty obvious with Pat holding onto me.

I heard a high pitch squeal over the loud partying and was instantly tackled by Julia. From the look we were giving each other, we had a lot of explaining to do but for now we just wanted to celebrate the success of our friends...and our boyfriends.

----------------------------------------------

What a night....What a great night. Well technically it's more 'what a great morning' because it is currently four in the morning. I'm about ready to pass out with the tiredness and alcohol I've consumed. I would've made Patrick carry me back to his apartment...but someone would have to carry him. So we made it a team effort as we walked down the hallway to his apartment. I had to steady his hand as he tried to put the key in the lock and we pushed the door open.

"Kaarrraaaa I'm tiiirrreeeeddd."

"Me too Patrick. Let's just go to bed."

"But it's so far away!" He whined. I rolled my eyes and just headed towards his room.

I dropped him on the bed and went to the bathroom to change and wash up. The little make-up I had on my face was pretty much gone before I could completely wash it away. My breath reeked of alcohol and my hair stood up in every direction.

It was defiantly a good night.

I changed into a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top and climbed into bed, kicking Pat so he could change and stuff, "I'm going, I'm going." He huffed before rolling off the bed...literally.

I curled up in the big bed with the covers up to my chin. I was defiantly going to have a headache in the morning but that comes with the price of celebrating a fabulous day. Headache well worth it.

When Patrick finished, he joined me in bed,wrapping his arms around me and crushing me to his chest, "I love you Kara." He mumbled with a yawn.

"Love you too Patrick."

"I'm really tired." He stated. I smiled.

"Then go to sleep Patrick."

"Okay." If it could be that easy all the time...geesh.

I missed this feeling. The feel of his warm chest pressed against my body, his strong arms protectively around me, and his head resting against mine as we closed our eyes and slept the days adventures away. Since getting into the giant fight with him, the only thing willing to snuggle with me was a body pillow and that has nothing on having Patrick Kane by my side.

---

I woke up before Patrick so I thought I should jump in the shower first. It felt good to relax and not have to rush through the morning like I've done for weeks now. The parade didn't start till the afternoon so I had plenty of time to get cleaned up.

After the shower I fished through my bags for something nice enough to wear for the parade but with the job I have, I lacked in the style department. I was able to find a floral skirt and a top with some sandals that should be appropriate enough. Technically I'm representing Pat and the least I could do is look human. I curled my hair and twisted the front strands back in a clip. It was going to be a warm day so I applied light make-up to my face and deemed myself presentable.

I cleaned up the bathroom and went to put my stuff back in my bag. Patrick was still sleeping, spread out in the middle of the bed. He looked so calm and peaceful with that small smile on the corner of his lips. I didn't want to wake him up...but sadly, it must be done.

"Pat, time to get up." I whispered in his ear, rubbing his back. He stirred slightly, turning his head away from me, "Come on two-time Stanley Cup champion. Your people are waiting for you. You can't leave them waiting." I continued. He mumbled something incoherent but that didn't stop me from waking him up, "Pat, you've got five minutes to get up or I'm getting the cold water." I threatened sweetly and was about to get up when an arm wrapped itself around me, pulling me into the mattress.

"Can't get the water if you're here with me." He smirked sleepily before leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips, "Good morning."

"Good morning."

"I have a headache." He said.

"I'm sure you do. Go take a shower and I'll get you some Advil."

"Can't we just stay here forever?" He asked, nuzzling my neck.

"There are thousands of people waiting for you. Do you really want to disappoint them?" He thought about it and let out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, I'll get up but tomorrow, we aren't leaving this bed."

"Deal. Now get up. You need to eat." He pecked my lips.

"You're too good to me."

"It's because I love you." I replied. His response were several kisses and an "I love you too."

Pat released me and we both got up. He walked to the dresser and started picking out his clothes while I went to the kitchen to grab some Advil and water.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and noticed a text from Julia wanting to meet up with us before the parade. I sent a text telling her and Jon to come over and I'll make breakfast. When she confirmed, I headed back to Pat's room to find him sitting on the edge of his bed holding his head as the TV flashed pictures of a new born baby and a sweaty woman smiling. The headlines on the screen read New Kane son!. I gawked at it, surprised and angry that, that woman has the never to televise the birth before we have a chance to confirm the DNA.

"I cannot believe this." I said slumping down next to Pat, handing him the Advil and water.

"This can't be happening right now." He said, wiping his face with his hands. I started rubbing his back but there was no way either of us was going to feel good today, not after this. "I'm getting in the shower." He said standing up and staking off to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

I continued to sit there and stare at the screen, "Jeremy Michael was born a healthy 6lbs and 7oz this morning at 4:37. Jeremy Michael is supposedly the son of professional hockey player, Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks. A paternity test will be taken later to make sure that Kane is the alleged father. More details to come."

Something feels so...not right about this. Like something was off. I began pacing the floor.

The baby was due in the summer. It's June 13th. Pregnancy is 9 months. She got pregnant at the end of October so that would be....

November, December, January, February, March, April, May, June, Jul---wait...November to June is only 8 months. The baby was suppose to be due in July. If the baby was suppose to be born in July but he wasn't...he was born in June making him a premature baby. Premature baby's don't weigh 6lbs and 7 oz. If the baby was born healthy in June than he was conceived in...October...not November.

I stopped walking when it hit me.

It's not his baby. Jeremy Michael is not Patrick's son...

Oh my god!!!!

"Patrick!! Patrick!!!" I yelled pounding on the door. I heard something drop and the water shut off. And before I knew it Patrick swung the door open, hair and chest dripping with hot water, a towel hung low around his hips. I blinked several times, my mouth opening and closing but no words came out.

"What's wrong?" He asked breaking me out of my trance.

"Oh right! I figured it out!"

"Figured what out?"

"The baby! He was suppose to be born in July but it's June so that would make him a premature baby and no premature baby weighs 6lbs and 7oz! It's impossible for the kid to be yours!!" I squealed loudly. Pat starred at me for a couple seconds until it hit him.

"Oh my god!!"

"I know!!"

"I have to call my agent! I need to call Stan!! I need to call my mom!!"

"You need to put some clothes on first!" I finished for him. He pauses and strikes a pose then just breaks out laughing. He rushes back into the bathroom closing the door and I dialed Julia's number to tell her the news.

"Bitch calm down, we're on our way." She answered.

"You need to get over here faster!!!"

"Jesus Kara, that's my ear."

"Just get yo asses over here now!"

"Why? What's going on?" I heard Jon say.

"Just get over here!" I hung up and rushed to the kitchen to start cooking breakfast.

I whipped up stacks of french toast with some sausage patties. I was getting plates and silverware out when Julia walked through the door with Jon, "Okay what was so important that you had to make me go deaf?"

"Pat's not the father!" I said running over to them and jumping up and down. Both of their eyes widened.

"What?"

"Lindsey had the baby this morning but she was suppose to be due in July. The baby is too healthy to be born prematurely." I explained.

"Where's Pat?" Jon asked.

"He's calling a bunch of people right now."

"This is fantastic!" Jon said giving me a hug just as Pat came strutting out like a new man. Jon and Pat shared a man hug and even Julia hugged him.

"Let's eat before the food gets cold." I said ushering everyone into the kitchen.

"Oh Kara!"

"Yes Pat?"

"....Shit I was going to tell you something, but I forgot." I rolled my eyes and laughed, handing Pat his plate of food.

The four of us fell into a comfortable silence. Everything was perfect, you know? The Stanley Cup, being with Patrick again, and this whole Lindsey chaos is over. Things just feel great.

I noticed Julia and Jon were much more comfortable around each other. Before, there was some obvious tension between the two but now as I watched Jon steal a piece of Julia's french toast, it was like they were two different people. Like they had been together for so long that the comfort in the relationship effects everyone around them. People look at them and wish they had that kind of relationship with a guy or girl.

That's when I glanced over at Patrick to my right. It was a year since we became friends and I remember when we first met, how comfortable I felt around him. Which is very weird, because naturally I'm a shy gal. You won't see me at too many parties talking to guys or whatever. But when Patrick approached me at that bar, I felt...good to be near him. Almost like we hadn't seen each other in years and the easiness between us returned. I've never had a relationship or a friendship like that.

We had about a half an hour before we need to leave for the parade so Julia and I cleaned up the kitchen while the guys went somewhere to make themselves look pretty. Just as I was drying one of the pans, there was a knock on the door.

I went to open it and was happy and surprised and a tad bit scared to see who was waiting on the other side.

"Kara dear! It's so good to see you!" That familiar French Canadian accent said, pushing her way through the crowd of people to hug me.

"It's good to see you too Mrs. Toews." I replied. Mr. Toews and David followed behind her, giving me hugs as well.

But Jon's family wasn't the only group standing in the door way. So were Patrick's, "Mr. and Mrs. Kane, it's good to see you again." I said welcoming them in. The older couple and their three daughters joined the party in the front door way.

"Kara right?" Mr. Kane asked. I nodded and stuck out my hand.

"Mom! Dad!" Pat shouted happy to see his folks again. "Ugh! That's what I forgot, Kara. My family is coming with us to the parade." Patrick informed a little too late.

"That's wonderful. It's nice to have everyone there." I said smiling. "Oh everyone, this is my friend Julia." I introduced to the two families.

"You're Julia? I've been meaning to thank you for the Christmas gift. That jacket was beautiful." Mrs. Toews said taking Julia's hand and patting it.

"It was my pleasure." Julia replied.

"Wait a minute...aren't you the girl that Jonny kissed on TV?" David asked. I stifled a laugh as both Jon and Julia's cheeks flushed. The realization on Jon's parents faces were priceless. They went from shock to strangely excited.

"We should probably get going now." Jon said. Everyone gave a little laugh but piled out of the apartment and down to the appropriate cars.

---

The streets of Chicago were packed with people sporting the Blackhawk colors. Confetti showered the pavement as the trucks holding the guys and the most famous Cup in the world. The aura of the area was amazing.

Julia and I stayed back with the families, riding in the convertibles waving at the crowd as we slowly made our way to the stage for the boy's speeches. These people had no idea who I was but that didn't stop them from flashing pictures and waving at me. I could defiantly get use to this.

After the guys made their speeches, they went in one direction while the rest of the families and close friends went in another for the giant luncheon.

Julia and I were going to sit with Abby and Madeline but Mrs. Toews insisted that we sit with them and the Kane's.

"So Kara...how long has it been going on?" Erica asked.

"How long has what been going on?"

"How long have you and Pat been together?" I almost started choking on my drink that I just happened to be taking a sip of.

"How did you--"

"We're his sisters. We know when there's a girl in his life." Jessica said.

"Oh, well we've only been dating for like a day."

"Wait, he just asked you out?" Jacqueline questioned leaning forward in her seat.

"Um, yeah. It's been hard with school and hockey, then the whole Lindsey thing. It never really came up." I answered.

"We won't lie to you Kara, we weren't quite sure what to think of you." Jessica started.

"When Pat introduced you as meeting you in Vegas, well--" Erica added.

"I understand. I'd do the same thing for my brother." I reassured.

"From what Pat had told us, we knew you were a student so we didn't know what kinda of girl you were. But he told us more about you and how you tell him he shouldn't drink so much and sleep around. We defiantly started to like you." Jacqueline said.

"You are totally different from the other girls." Erica finished.

"So Pat must have talked about Kara a lot, huh?" Julia asked. I was kind of wondering the same thing but didn't want to be nosy.

"Sometime he wouldn't shut up. It was like we knew you from what he told us." Jessica answered.

"But we're happy for him that he has you. You're good for him." The sisters nodded in agreement to Erica's statement.

"Well thank you." I said with a smile. At least I have the sister's approval. The three Kane females waved it off and excused themselves to talk to some of the other WAGs.

"That was kinda weird." Julia exclaimed when the girls left. I just nodded my head and laughed. "I'm gonna go find a bathroom." Julia said standing up and walking off, leaving me alone at the round table.

I just busied myself with reading the distress text messages from Dominic. He was saying something about ripped pants, missing props, and something almost catching on fire. Then there was a threat of me never, ever leaving the show. I sent him a message back saying "Stop being a drama queen"

"I will not lie," A deep voice said. The younger Toews sat down beside me with a grin on his face, "I was positive you and my brother were getting together." I blushed at the thought. Of course my trip to Winnipeg would make him, and probably his parents, to believe that Jon and I were going to date.

"David--"

"Don't worry about it. Jon explained everything." I sighed with relief, "But if something happens to Jon, I'm going after your friend AND you." He tried to be serious but it wasn't working that well.

"Aw David, you're such a good younger brother." I gushed patting his arm. He rolled his eyes.

"And you know if Kaner fucks up again you can always call me. I'll kick his ass." I smiled and hugged the little Tazer.

"Hey, hey, hey...hands off my girl." David and I pulled away to see Jon and Pat standing there. Pat quickly walked over and stood behind me, his hands on my shoulders.

"Better be careful Kaner, she's given me permission to kick your ass." David said smirking, Jon was laughing, and Pat looked down at me with a hint of fear in his eyes. Me, I just shrugged.

Julia returned to the table just before everyone took their seats for the giant lunch. Jon had his arms around her as soon as she appeared. It was too cute. If there's anyone that can wipe that serious look off Jon's face, it's Julia.

When the lunch began, the Kane's and the Toews' all sat at the same table laughing and joking about everything. It was nice to see everyone smiling and hearing the happiness in everyone's voices. The victory was well deserved and this was a great bunch of guys that earned one of the most famous Cup's of all time.

Now don't get me wrong, the Sabres deserved the Cup just as much as the Blackhawks but...someone had to lose. I know they'll come back for blood next year. And if, by some miracle, both teams meet in the playoffs...I'll be cheering on my Sabres all the way. Jon and Pat will just have to deal with it. The Blackhawks have plenty of Stanely Cup titles, the Sabres have none.

It's time to share the wealth.

"Kara," I was snapped out of my rant and turned to look at Patrick, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just zoned a little." He smiled and through his arm around the back of my chair, leaning in and whispering in my ear, "I love you." I smiled and just wanted to jump him with excitement.

"I love you too." His response to mine was pressing his lips to my lips. I smiled into the kiss, putting my hand on his cheek.

"Aww!!" Everyone at the table started to clap as they watched the private scene. The clapping at this table caused the others to see what was going on. By now my face is its own shade of red.

"Alright, knock it off." Jon said tossing a crumpled napkin at Pat's head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter in the books. haha chapter...in the books..... :)
Anyways.....
I hope its alright. I am sad to say that this story is almost over. I predict about two more chapters. But fear not dear readers! I have been consulting with someone about perhaps writing a sequel. My roommate who is reading this story suggested a spin-off and write about Jon and Julia's relationship. I'll let you lovely readers decide for me:
1)Spin-off with Jon and Julia
2)Sequel with Pat and Kara

Totally up to you. Just comment please and thank you and I promise to start working on it once this is finished.
Another note: Sorry for changing the background so many times. Someone asked me to change the gif so I hope this is alright. Thought it would go with the chapter nicely. Don't want any problems with reading this.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting. Keep it up!

I would also like to say thank you to all those serving in the military! My father is currently deployed and I couldn't be more proud to be the daughter of an Army soldier! Happy Veteran's Day and Don't forget to make a wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11! Hope it comes true for you!

Let's go Buffalo!!