Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 4

Today was the day I had to leave Vegas. My mind was telling me to stay and enjoy one more day but I had work to get back too. My adventure was over and it was time to get back to reality. God, I don't want to go home. These past few days have been great and to just get up and leave? It sucks.

I had packed all of my things last night since I was too excited from my dinner last night. I couldn't stop thinking about what I had gotten myself into. Not that it would really work out or anything. Like he would remember, let alone, call me after today. Patrick Kane had his life and I had mine. But the thought never left my mind.

I washed up and dressed in a white skirt and a green top, a brown belt holding it together. My flight was around noon, giving me enough time to stop and get a quick breakfast in the lobby but I left. Just as I finished making a cup of tea, I turned and put a smile on my face.

"Leaving so soon?" Pat asked.

"Sadly yes."

"It's too bad you couldn't stay longer." He said with a smirk.

"Duty calls back home. Are you here for another day?"

"I wish. I leave for Chicago later...hockey business." He rolled his eyes.

"Well I need to catch the shuttle. Have a safe flight."

"Yeah, you too. It was very nice to meet you. Promise to call?"

"Of course! Tell Jon I said good bye." Him hugging me caught me by surprise but I wasn't complaining. He smelled fantastic and it was a very, very good hug. That must a requirement for hockey players. They're always hugging each other. And this was a real hug, not some silly side hug. I almost didn't let go...I didn't want too. But when he pulled away, I would've looked like an idiot if I was still holding on to him. I grabbed my suitcase and gave him one last wave before I walked outside into the sunny Vegas day.

At least I saw him one last time...

---

I was welcomed home with waiting arms. My parents hugged me tiredly as I met them on the other side of the security gate, "Welcome home dear." My mom said.

"Ready to head out?" I nodded to my father. We walked to the baggage claim and then to the car. I was excited to sleep in my own bed tonight. That flight took forever. I don't know if it was my thinking about Vegas and Patrick the whole time or the annoying child sitting beside me but there was no doubting my happiness to be home.

Jeff had texted me just as I was boarding the plane, apologizing for not giving me a proper good bye. I told him not to worry about it since someone else did it for him(that part I failed to mention). I hadn't heard anything from Patrick, but I'm not surprised. He's probably on his plane home or something. Why do I care? This was expected. There are more important people in his life besides me.

As soon as I got home, I went straight to my room. I needed sleep in a horizontal position. It was over an 11 hour flight from Vegas to Boston to Syracuse. Sadly that was the only flight I could get round trip for Vegas. It was defiantly time for bed as my alarm clock showed a little after 1am. Changing into a pair of boxers and a tank top, I laid in bed a sigh escaping my lips. Good night world.

Buzz…Buzz…Buzz…Buzz...

Fucking A! Who the hell is calling me at this hour? I gripped my phone, blinded by the bright light it was making, "Hello?" I whispered knowing everyone else in the house was lucky enough to be sleeping.

"Heeyy Karaaaa!" I almost didn't hear the person with the music blaring in the background. I moved the phone away from my ear and looked at the name on it, "Pat?"

"You remembered me! That makes me soooo happy!" He slurred.

"Pat, where are you?"

"I'm at a club. It's sooo much fun. You should be here Kara!!"

"Oh my god Pat, you are drunk."

"Nahhh, I'm just....having fun."

"I think you've had enough fun. Aren't you in Chicago? Maybe you should go home. How are you not tired?"

"Whoa there girly. Too many questions...Yeah can I get another one?" I heard him ask someone.

"Pat, you need to go home and go to sleep."

"But I'm having fun and you should be having fun too."

"I was having fun Pat...sleeping."

"Oh...oh no, did I wake you?"

"Yes Pat, you did."

"Aw Kara, now I feel really badddd."

"Pat are you there with someone?" I asked hoping one of his teammates was with him.

"Yeah, there's Amy. She's hot. She's really tall and really sexy. And then there's Jenny. She's not as hot as Amy but I bet she likes to have fun---"

"No Pat are you there with one of your teammates?"

"Why would I sleep with them?"

"Dear god Patrick. Is Jonathon there?"

"Umm.........yeah I think so. Last time I saw that guy he was being a party pooper. I don't like party pooper's."

"Can I please talk to him?" I just want to sleep.

"What? I'm not good enough to talk too? Fine...." I heard several voices until Pat's came up again "Here Jon, she wants to talk to you. I want another drink.....Hello?"

"Hey Jon, it's Kara."

"He drunk called you didn't he?" I could picture his smile at the thought.

"Yes he did. Can you please take him home? He's completely out of it, especially if he's calling me."

"Yeah I can do that. I'm sorry he called you. You were probably sleeping."

"Yeah, I just got home and in bed when he called."

"I'm so sorry Kara....Hey Pat, I think it's time to go home." Jon's voice was distant meaning he moved the phone away from his face. "No come one buddy, it's time to go home. You've been at it long enough.....I'm sure the girls will find their own ways home.....Do it for Kara Kaner." That must have worked for some reason because I didn't hear any more arguing from Jonathon. The noise in the background began to fade, "Alright, I'm going to take him home." Jon said to me.

"Thank you. Let me know when he's home please?"

"Sure thing. Sorry again Kara." I told him it was fine and said good bye. I tried very hard to stay awake to wait for anything from Jon but I was exhausted and my eyes were closing.

Buzzzzzzz

It had been around 30 minutes since the phone call ended. I lifted my phone to my face and saw a strange number texting me, "Hey it's Jon. I got your number from Kaner. He's home safe and knocked out. I'm sorry again. Have a good night Kara."

"Thanks Jon. Have a good night." I replied back before dropping my phone on the side table and going down for the count.