Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 5

Why did it feel like someone was punching me in the head?

And what is that god awful beeping noise?

What the fuck happened last night?

I reached over to my phone taking care of one problem. I just got a text message...from Kara, "Hey sorry if I woke you. And sorry about ending your night early. Hope you're feeling better :) "

What is she talking about? Ending my night early? I need to figure out what happened or my head will burst not just from the pounding headache.

I practically rolled out of bed and braced myself as I walked down the hallway. "Hey there Kaner! Glad to see you alive and well!"

"Why are you yelling?" I whispered taking a seat at the counter. He set some pills and a glass of water in front of me, laughing. Asshole.

"Do you remember anything?" he asked. I shook my head as I swallowed the pills, "Kara sent me a text though. She apologized for 'ending my night early'. Dude...what happened?"

"You drunk called Kara last night."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes. You called her and she had me take you home. You were totally wasted Kaner. It was a good thing you accidentally called her. You were about to take home some....interesting girls. You should probably be thanking her." I ran my hands over my face. I can't believe this.

"I need to call her."

"Go ahead. I want to know what you said to her." Jon said leaning against the counter sipping his Gatorade. I searched for Kara's number and pressed call, setting it to speaker. I rubbed my eyes as we waited for her to answer, "Good morning Patrick Kane. How are we feeling?" She answered.

"I feel...hungover. How are you?"

"I'm sure. I'm very tired from a early morning phone call."

"Kara, I'm sorry for calling you so early. I didn't even remember doing it."

"That's alright. You sounded pretty wasted....Can you please put that down? Thank you."

"What are you doing?" I asked confused who she was talking too.

"I am currently babysitting."

"Oh Kara. I call you at the worse times." She laughed, "It's alright."

"So can you refresh my memory? What did I say last night?"

"Well you called me, excited that I remembered you then you wanted me to be partying with you there. I asked if you were with someone and you decided to tell me about the nice young women you were with...by describing them to me," I dropped my head onto the counter. Jon let out a laugh, "I asked if Jon was there and you got mad that I wanted to talk to him and not you but you gave him the phone and I asked him to take you home. The end." Jon's laugh got louder as my dumb story was told. "Hi Jon." She said.

"Hi Kara."

"Is that what seriously happened?"

"That's all I got. It did take a while for Jon to tell me you were home passed out."

"Yeah, it was a fight getting him out of the club and into the car." Jon answered, "But you did save his ass from making a mistake of bring those girls home. They were constantly taking pictures of him."

"You weren't joking when you said I needed a life coach." I told Kara.

"Just doing my job. I'm glad to help."

"I owe you one Kara."

"First one's free. Next time it'll cost you." I smiled. "What happened?.....Are you okay? Are you hurt?....Come here." Both Jon and I gave confused looks as we heard someone sobbing near the phone.

"Everything okay Kara?" Jon asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry. One of the little ones got hurt."

"How many kids are you watching?"

"5 between the ages of 9 and 3 months."

"And you're taking care of Kaner? Damn girl." Jon said.

"Shut up Tazer." She laughed, Hey guys, I'm sorry to cut this short but I need to get going. Not all of us get off seasons."

"Alright, it was nice to talk to you again Kara."

"You too Jon."

"Thanks again Kara, you have no idea. I'll talk to you later."

"See ya Pat. Be careful next time."

"I promise. Bye." I pressed the end button and let out a sigh.

"She's a keeper." Jon said as he left the kitchen.

Yeah...she is.