Sequel: Act of Kindness
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Life Coach

Chapter 8

The next morning I was up early. Earlier then I wanted but there was no way I'd get back to sleep. I figured Jon and Pat were still sleeping so I decided to go for a run. It seemed nice enough being 8 in the morning. I climbed out of bed and put on a pair of shorts and one of my sports bras. I tossed my hair into a ponytail and slid on some sneakers. The guys probably won't even noticed I left.

Most mornings out of the week I'll run. I at least try to anyways. That or I'd go to the gym, anything to help me relax. It defiantly was a time where I could think to myself.

The whole weekend was spontaneous. An adventure. If I had more of a heads up about everything it might have started off a little better but Pat doesn't seem like the person to think things completely through. But he's been really nice about everything. It was out of the blue to have him invite me. I thought's we'd just talk or text and that would be the only connection we'd have. I never imagined to see him again, let alone be staying at his family's lake house.

I wonder how many people are coming tonight. Pat never specified. There's probably going to be girls...it is a Patrick Kane party. I hope he just controls himself tonight. I'll probably have to keep an eye on him...god I sound like his babysitter but if he decides to act like a baby then what else can I do? I don't want him to do something stupid and I'm sure most of them will let him be stupid.

I don't know why I'm acting like this. I don't even know why he wants me around. If he doesn't want to chance then who am I to make him. So he must want too or I wouldn't be here. The only time I've talked him out of sleeping around and drinking till his ears fall off was over the phone. He might not be so resistant with me actually here. I don't want to be the party pooper but someone has to have some common sense. I'd want my friends to tell me if I was doing something wrong.

Getting back to the house, I kept thinking about why I was here, why Pat would want me here. I hadn't realized I was so long when I glanced at the clock. The house was still quiet. Those guys must always sleep late. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle, "How was your run?"

"Jon...I didn't think you were up."

"Just woke up." I noticed his eyes weren't looking at my face but in all honesty...neither were mine. He was rocking just a pair of gym shorts. A look no girl would ever object too. "You a runner?" he asked grabbing his own bottle.

"I try. If I'm up early enough I'll work out. Pat still sleeping?"

"Yeah, he won't be up for a while."

"Then I'll shower and then come down and start breakfast...if we have any." He smiled and nodded, his hand resting on his stomach. Boys and their food.

"Up in my room, I pulled out a dress with a brown belt and a pair of gladiator sandals. I grabbed my toiletry bag and jumped in the shower quick. The warm water felt good against my muscles especially after working out.

After I dried off and walked into my room to get dressed. I rung my hair before i brushed it, putting curling gel in it as well. A clip pulled held my bangs back and out of my face. After applying light make-up I joined Jon back downstairs where he plopped himself in front of the TV," Still hungry?" I asked him. He leaped from his spot and sat at the island. "It looks like we have eggs, milk...and cheese. I told him as I went through the fridge.

"Mmm omelets." I laughed at him as I set up the stove. "How did you sleep?"

"Good. You?"

"I slept like a log. So...how are you?" I raised my eyebrow at him as I stirred the eggs.

"I'm good Jon. How are you?"

"I'm alright. I'm just worried about you."

"Worri--"

"I smell food." Dressed similar to Jon, Patrick rubbed his eyes, following his nose to the kitchen.

"Good morning Patrick. How are you feeling?"

"Waking up to the smell of omelets in the morning...perfect. I can't wait for this party tonight either. Getting the guys together and there's going to be plenty of sexy chicks that are just waiting to scream my name. Jon, these girls will be hot. My friend Jake said..." At the point I tuned out, focusing on the eggs. I didn't need to hear about the kind of girls that he wanted to sleep with. When I passed Jon his omelet, he gave me the same look from last night.

What did Jon mean by being 'worried about me'? Stupid Pat for his bad timing.

I whipped up Pat's breakfast and mine. I stayed quiet as they talked about the party. I think I'm about ready for this party to be over with. "We need to get ready for the party." Pat said pushing his plate away and standing up. He was upstairs after his announcement, Jon slowly following behind him...was that a sympathy smile plastered on his face?

What the fuck?

---

"Dear god Patrick. Just pick grab them all!" I yelled annoyed. The three of us were standing in front of the chips for literally a half an hour as Pat picked out which ones he wanted.

"But what if people don't like the kind I pick?"

"Have you never had a party before? If they don't like it, they won't eat it. It's that simple." I said. But he just stood there starring at the shelves of chips. I let out a aggravated groan and grabbed 5 different bags of chips and pushing the cart down the aisle.

We had been in the grocery store for so long, I vowed never to come back again. It was unbelievable. We strolled every aisle making sure we didn't miss anything that we might need. Out of 25 aisles...we just got out of 12.

The next aisle was beverages, non alcoholic ones. Since I was sadly still under aged, I picked up from Saranac Root Beers, Coke, Ginger Ale, and Sprite, "Why don't you guys go get your drinks?" I suggested nodding to the cooler section with the beer in it. The walked through the automatic doors as I waited outside. 5 seconds passed and both came out holding their own cases, "That's it?" They answered by walking back into the cooler. This action repeated several times. I lost count after 6.

"We're gonna need another cart." I said when they finally finished. I sent Jon to grab some bags of ice and Pat to grab cups, trash bags, and other cleaning items that will come in handy after the party. With all their shit finally in the cart, the guys helped pull it to the cash registers as I pushed with all my might. I was defiantly not built for this.

I started lining up the stuff for the cashier. After getting through the little stuff, the cashier glanced at all the alcohol, "Having a party?" He asked me smirking.

"Um, yeah."

"Well as pretty as you are, I'm gonna need to see some ID.".....Did this dude just wink at me?

"Here you go." Pat said, flashing his driver's license to the boy. He's tone was serious and he stood incredible close to me.

That was the last time that boy looked at me. What was with the protectiveness all of a sudden? What, he's allowed to flirt with girls but guys can't flirt with me? What's that all about?

Leaving the store and returning to the house, I let to boys put their muscles to work carrying the groceries to the car and to the house as I put them away. Seemed fair enough. "Pat, where are the coolers?" I yelled out since I had no idea where he or Jon went too.

"In the basement someplace!" He answered back.

I don't think he really knows where they are because I can't find them downstairs, "If I were a cooler...where would I be?"

"Closet behind the bar." Jon answered.

"Jesus Christ Jon! Are you trying to make my heart stop?" I said as he walked behind the bar and opening a door I didn't realize was there.

"If I wanted to make your heart stop, I wouldn't scare you to do it." He whispered handing me one of the three coolers he was holding. I just starred at him as he walked back upstairs.

Was Jonathon Toews just flirting with me?